Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-05-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Are we watching the same video. You seem to be seeing/reading/imagining a lot of things I just don't see.

At what exact minute and second on the clip did the LEO "high tail" it out of there. I only saw her walk away from him.

How do you know he didn't finish? Maybe he accomplished what he wanted.... get her away from the PM.

Of course she's suing, it the way it's done in society these days.

This happens in civil court, why would you think there was anything illegal done? Do you know something or just pulling suppositions out of somewhere dark?

Just because you sue, if she even is, doesn't mean you will win your case.

Again start your own thread and get off this one.
well the first one left at .42 seconds, the second fellow in the t shirt, followed her off camera. made sure he kept his hands of her,
now why would i need to post another thread, hmm, you don't like a different opinion? how would another thread help?

Last edited by makin tracks; 11-05-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by makin tracks View Post
now why would i need to post another thread, hmm, you don't like a different opinion? how would another thread help?
Well..... how about the OP was asking an opinion about an event he described and witnessed? He was also asking about excessive force in what he described. You've provided no opinion on that, different or not.

You decided to post a video that doesn't contain excessive force, doesn't shed light on what the OP witnessed and doesn't add anything.

If you wish to talk about how intimidating, ignorant hecklers are handled at a political rally, feel free to start a new post and ask everyone their opinion on how she was dealt with.

Now, back to the real story
Old 11-05-2019, 04:56 PM

its rather interesting to learn that when it comes to "protecting someone who represents a person of authority.. one may use whatever means of force necessary." to paraphrase... while when it comes to protection of ones own person or property, we are limited to the amount of force that is acceptable... hmmm. biased! (please correct me if im wrong, and I hope that I am.. tia)

Protection of persons acting under authority

25 (1) Every one who is required or authorized by law to do anything in the administration or enforcement of the law

(a) as a private person,

(b) as a peace officer or public officer,

(c) in aid of a peace officer or public officer, or

(d) by virtue of his office,

is, if he acts on reasonable grounds, justified in doing what he is required or authorized to do and in using as much force as is necessary for that purpose.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Well..... how about the OP was asking an opinion about an event he described and witnessed? He was also asking about excessive force in what he described. You've provided no opinion on that, different or not.

You decided to post a video that doesn't contain excessive force, doesn't shed light on what the OP witnessed and doesn't add anything.

If you wish to talk about how intimidating, ignorant hecklers are handled at a political rally, feel free to start a new post and ask everyone their opinion on how she was dealt with.

Now, back to the real story
hmm my initial post was in response to one that stated police never use excessive force, if you were to get off your high horse i did respond to the OP, if you care to read instead of attempting to brow beat others. from your response so far i can see where you stood!

are you ok with the handling of the 75 yr old woman?

Last edited by makin tracks; 11-05-2019 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
hmm my initial post was in response to one that stated police never use excessive force, if you were to get off your high horse i did respond to the OP, if you care to read instead of attempting to brow beat others. from your response so far i can see where you stood!

are you ok with the handling of the 75 yr old woman?
What post number was it where someone claimed "police never use excessive force"? I'm having reading comprehension problems again.

Start a thread, ask everyone if they're OK with the situation in the video you posted. I'll respond there.

Why is it when someone posts an opinion/observation that's different than yours you claim they're on a "high horse" and "brow beating"? Not used to having your view questioned? You came to the wrong place.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:38 PM

send the video to Justin's office
He'll issue a formal apology (as soon as he gets done apologising to the the person in BC who couldn't get her scrotum waxed)
Old 11-05-2019, 05:46 PM

What ever happend to just cooperating with officers/ f&w.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaltender View Post
What ever happend to just cooperating with officers/ f&w.
Too much tv no brains

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-05-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Too much tv no brains
More like YouTube. You should see some of that Freeman on the Land crap on there.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
Holy ****..

Is this Outdoorsmenforum?

I'm surprised this hasn't turned into a burn the LEO thread.
Come on now...

This cop wasn't giving a tax paying citizen a HUGE ticket for not having new registration stickers on their plate even though it was just renewed or giving another person a HUGE fine for not having their registration switched over on a new vehicle even though there IS a grace period (two recent bash threads) Those kind of actions bring out the bashing, and rightfully so. Why not help put the sticker on? Or at the most a warning but NOT a $400 fine, the punishment dosent fit the crime and giving a ticket in both those cases was just unreasonable.

This cop was getting a bad guy off the streets, big, BIG difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Amazing how many people ran to get out of the way, when the police officer was being attacked, during the Edmonton terror attack, including large physically fit males.

Grizz
That was disgusting!

I get not everyone is cut out to be a hero but they would of just had to knock the scumbag off balance for a second so the cop (Const Mike Chernyk) could gain the upper hand. Would they have got involved if it was a close friend of family member? They could of prevented a LOT of further damage and carnage.

That cop (if I recall) only missed one shift and was back at it in short order, that guy is a bosses boss, a real legit tough guy that deserves all the accolades he receives. That's one TOUGH dude.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
What post number was it where someone claimed "police never use excessive force"? I'm having reading comprehension problems again.

Start a thread, ask everyone if they're OK with the situation in the video you posted. I'll respond there.

Why is it when someone posts an opinion/observation that's different than yours you claim they're on a "high horse" and "brow beating"? Not used to having your view questioned? You came to the wrong place.
you seem to have a high narcissistic personality bud, look up your own post number, if you are able, ha.

this is the longer video version, https://youtu.be/cZ7d5Ts6rho

Last edited by makin tracks; 11-05-2019 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyd View Post
Last night about 4AM a cop stopped a car in front of my apartment and it got a little carried away. I missed the first half of it by the time I woke up from all the shouting. The officer had the guy on the ground and was arguing with him to roll over. Eventually he slugged him a few times and tazed him all while he had him subdued on the ground.

I recorded a video but you can't really make out any faces however the audio is clear and you can make out the officer's unit number from the video.

I've never lived in a sketchy neighbourhood so maybe I'm just being flakey but is it worth giving the video to anyone or should I just mind my own beeswax?
You missed the first half of the skirmish and then pulled out your phone to record what was going on and you’re wondering what to do? Unless you witnessed things from the beginning, you do not know what you witnessed, or if the policeman used excessive force. Let it go. Our police have enough to deal with, they don’t need concerned citizens jumping to conclusions.

Last edited by Dolly’s Mom; 11-05-2019 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-05-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly’s Mom View Post
You missed the first half of the skirmish and then pulled out your phone to record what was going on and you’re wondering what to do? Unless you witnessed things from the beginning, you do not know what you witnessed, or if the policeman used excessive force. Let it go. Our police have enough to deal with, they don’t need concerned citizens jumping to conclusions.
Yeah as I stated earlier in the thread I already made up my mind and deleted the video but thanks for jumping in late with an uninformed opinion that shows you didn't read any of the rest of the thread.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly’s Mom View Post
Well said and fully agree.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
you seem to have a high narcissistic personality bud, look up your own post number, if you are able, ha.

this is the longer video version, https://youtu.be/cZ7d5Ts6rho
Can't look it up cuz it doesn't exist and you were just pulling crap out of your hind end like everything you've posted on the thread. Ha

Keep up the name calling though it must be a sign of higher intelligence.... bud.

Happens all the time when a case can't be made on facts....time to roll out the name calling.....bud
Old 11-07-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Can't look it up cuz it doesn't exist and you were just pulling crap out of your hind end like everything you've posted on the thread. Ha

Keep up the name calling though it must be a sign of higher intelligence.... bud.

Happens all the time when a case can't be made on facts....time to roll out the name calling.....bud
here you are making stuff up! and we wonder why people don't trust the police?

anyhow, i'm not descending any further into your rabbit hole, have a nice day!

Last edited by makin tracks; 11-07-2019 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyd View Post
Last night about 4AM a cop stopped a car in front of my apartment and it got a little carried away. I missed the first half of it by the time I woke up from all the shouting. The officer had the guy on the ground and was arguing with him to roll over. Eventually he slugged him a few times and tazed him all while he had him subdued on the ground.

I recorded a video but you can't really make out any faces however the audio is clear and you can make out the officer's unit number from the video.

I've never lived in a sketchy neighbourhood so maybe I'm just being flakey but is it worth giving the video to anyone or should I just mind my own beeswax?
You should post the video!
Old 11-07-2019, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
here you are making stuff up! and we wonder why people don't trust the police?

anyhow, i'm not descending any further into your rabbit hole, have a nice day!
Oh so you did find the post number where you claimed someone said "police never use excessive force" and you're just keeping it a secret? That's the only way I'd be making stuff up.

Oh wait a minute, how could you find it, it doesn't exist and you can't make up the truth. It is what it is.

H.a.N.D.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
Your what’s wrong with the world!!!!! Delete it and go back to bed, a criminal was removed from you neighbourhood be happy, glad he crapped his pants, hope he had to sit in it all night
Amen brother!!!!