Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-15-2019, 12:53 PM

Default Tombstone

Hi,

Anyone spent much time at the tombstone backcountry/equestrian campground in the fall - is it extremely busy/congested?

Thanks for any info

Cheers
Old 07-15-2019, 07:13 PM

Let’s just say, you will see more horses and riders than sheep....
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 07-15-2019, 08:49 PM

Did one late season hunt from there. Nobody but us, it was -30 though.

Grizz
Old 07-16-2019, 07:13 AM

At least once -30 rolls around most of the Grizz have their tummies full of hiker and are happily sleeping.
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 07-16-2019, 02:44 PM

Thanks for the info - basically what I had suspected. I have spent a fair amount of time in the area in summer but only minimal amounts in the fall (usually head elsewhere) the times I have been in (from little elbow side) in the fall traffic was either really busy or non-existent so I didn’t really know the ‘norm’...I’ll probably Pop in early September if for nothing else being in a hell of a nice spot

Cheers
Old 07-16-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albany View Post
Thanks for the info - basically what I had suspected. I have spent a fair amount of time in the area in summer but only minimal amounts in the fall (usually head elsewhere) the times I have been in (from little elbow side) in the fall traffic was either really busy or non-existent so I didn’t really know the ‘norm’...I’ll probably Pop in early September if for nothing else being in a hell of a nice spot

Cheers
Is a nice spot. We went in from the Highwood Pass side, Hour or two if I remember correctly.

Grizz