Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-19-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryry4 View Post
I just got word that I pulled a desert sheep tag in Nevada for this fall!! :s Ha_shakeshout:
Oh you lucky dog!!!!! Nice, congratulations, hope you have a good hunt and here's hoping you get a good one!
Old 06-19-2012, 11:19 PM

september and october going out after birds with the dog, that with some bowhunting for deer and hopefully elk. In November I will hunt my moose until I get it, as well go after the big whitey this fall, hoping to get a good one!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:05 AM

Aug 30-Sept 4 Sheep hunt, Sept 13-Oct 2 Sheep hunt, Oct 11-16 Sheep hunt, Oct 25-31 Sheep hunt, hunt elk and mulie as it comes up, November whitetail. Gol durn sheep.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:28 AM

Back to the original question since all I did was congratulate you on your sheep draw...

I'll be chasing some elk around home and trying to learn some good spots to find a good bull. Also lookin into some general goat stuff close by and will take a few good hikes into some sheep country to try and start learning.

Lots of learning! May draw an Alberta mule deer tag but we'll wait and see how that turns out before the planning happens!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:41 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
I drew the tag on two points. I can't believe it.
congrats that is great!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:57 AM

Ryry4,
Congratulations on the tag. All I ever do is collect points.

Kodiak Island for me in the fall for deer and Brown Bear. Waiting to hear what the deer conditions are after this past winter.

Are You going to be in Idaho this weekend for the Chapter and Affiliates Meeting?

Jim
Old 06-20-2012, 12:04 PM

Augest Elk/Moose/Mulie Bucks
September - October Moose
Novemeber Moose/Mulie does/Whitetails
Old 06-20-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim 1367 View Post
Ryry4,
Congratulations on the tag. All I ever do is collect points.

Kodiak Island for me in the fall for deer and Brown Bear. Waiting to hear what the deer conditions are after this past winter.

Are You going to be in Idaho this weekend for the Chapter and Affiliates Meeting?

Jim
Thanks Jim. Hope all goes well on the brown bear hunt. Have you ever hunted them before? It took my uncle three tries to finally get his.

I won't be at the meeting this weekend.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 06-20-2012, 12:18 PM

Sheep in august. Bow hunt elk in sept. Hunt the edmonton bow zone. Sask whitetails
Old 06-20-2012, 05:05 PM

Ryry4,

My 1st time for Browns. I hope I don't need three trips but you never know. Of the outfitters Gunslinger mentioned I have heard very good things of the first two ,John Zenz and Michael Hornbacker. The third I have no knowledge of good or bad. Thats a tag most people wait their whole life for.

Too bad about not going to the meeting. You should try to go some year they are alot of fun and we usually learn something while we are there too.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:44 PM

Sept- elk & mule deer
October- moose
November- whitetails AB & SK

Going to try and do as much as I can with the bow....can't wait for the season to start. Good luck to all and happy hunting!

Todd
Old 06-20-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim 1367 View Post
Ryry4,

My 1st time for Browns. I hope I don't need three trips but you never know. Of the outfitters Gunslinger mentioned I have heard very good things of the first two ,John Zenz and Michael Hornbacker. The third I have no knowledge of good or bad. Thats a tag most people wait their whole life for.

Too bad about not going to the meeting. You should try to go some year they are alot of fun and we usually learn something while we are there too.
Shoot straight. Are you taking your fancy new double?

I'll hit a meeting sooner than later. Life is a little hectic now.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 06-20-2012, 06:51 PM

September : Start hunting
October: Continue as per September
November: Still hunting
December: Bored, look longingly out the window, start waiting for next septemeber....
Old 06-20-2012, 06:54 PM

That's right we were talking when I won the rifle. Have not shot it yet, cheapest shells I found were $200 a box. Imagine it would rock a big bear though.
Forgot I am coming up your way deer hunting in November too. Still trying for the big whitetail.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:09 PM

Have one sheep hunt that the details are still being finalized on. The hunt is more for the partner I'm going with, but will still be a great time and ya never know, but the goal is that he gets a sheep.

Almost every year, I take a moose and suspect I will this year, or at least that is the definite plan.

Every couple years, we take Elk if we are lucky,...maybe this year, maybe not. Depends on time.

4 deer for sure.

Am hoping to and really going to try to get some good waterfowl and Coyote hunting this year.

one big change this year, is that I am going to be organized. last year, with both my kids being very small, I could not get out often and many times it was spur of the moment. Now that my 4 year old has a season in already and the 2 year old is rearin to go, we should be able to get out alot more and I don;'t feel so bad about leaving them home with mom now and then for the bigger trips.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I just got word that I pulled a desert sheep tag in Nevada for this fall!! :s Ha_shakeshout:
Awesome! The best of luck to you.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:40 PM

i was a shoe in for my moose and my elk, just had a tear in my eye as I 999 them both..... Gotta find some staff or my hunting career will be going out the window.....
Old 06-20-2012, 09:43 PM

Gonna go hard after my Edmonton Archery Zone white tail. 999'd everything to get the priorities up.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:20 PM

Default Plans

I will draw my cow elk tag this year so I hope to get in some hunting to fill that tag with my bow in September. I will also get out for a long weekend near the end of September for the annual hunt with my sons. October will find me back up north helping a buddy fill his moose tag and trying to fill my cow elk tag if I haven't by then. Hopefully a couple other quick hunts here and there to fill a couple deer tags

Good luck to everyone this fall