Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2011, 12:22 PM

Default Digital AO Mag?

As I was getting a little annoyed with seeing the latest issue of AO in stores before mine arrived in the mail, I let my subscription lapse with the intentions of just buying the latest issue when I saw it was available on the newsstands (so to speak).

Well, that backfired. I've pretty much been chained to my desk for the last little while . . . I haven't even been in TFH since their Boxing Day sale. I'm now missing at least two editions of AO, and maybe three.

So, I'm wondering if there are any plans to make AO available in digital form . . . perhaps through Zinio or some other digital magazine service?

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Administrator

We are currently looking into a program through Magazines Canada to do exactly that. However, there are many details that have to be ironed out before a digital edition becomes available and I currently haven't a timeframe I can give you.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:52 PM

LOL I get sort of the same feeling when I see the monthly notice about the new edition being in stores. Feels like I'm a second-class citizen as a subscriber, having to wait until the following week at the earliest to get mine. Not the end of the world though. I'll keep signing up.

Never been a fan of online editions though. I love an actual magazine in my hand... can read it on the train, the beach, even the bathroom. LOL
Old 03-01-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Miskosky View Post
We are currently looking into a program through Magazines Canada to do exactly that.
Sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Never been a fan of online editions though. I love an actual magazine in my hand... can read it on the train, the beach, even the bathroom. LOL
I felt that way until I received an e-reader for Christmas (Sony Touch). I now have an iPad as well. I might not like "non-touch" devices as much, but the two devices I now do all of my reading on (Sony for books, iPad for magazines and newspapers) are still tactile enough to satisfy me . . . and I can (and do) bring literally thousands of books, magazines, and newspapers along with me in my work bag.

A ziplock bag will keep the sand out of them (there are also waterproof cases available) on the beach. And, they work just fine in the bathroom, too

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.