Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Banned

Default Huge Difference In Boat Pricing..

I'm in the marker for a nice little 12' boat with a small kicker on it around the 8 HP range. Just something for the boys and I to fish some of the smaller lakes a reservoirs that we can't get the big boat into. Also something lite that I can handle myself and throw it on top of the canopy with the trailer behind. I want it with a trailer as well.

So I do some phoning around the last couple days. I phone out to Nanton to Alberta Marine to get a price on a basic package. You know me it has to be a Lund.. So I get a price on a Lund A12 with a 8 HP Yammy which is $200.00 cheaper than a Merc with a trailer,, price out the door with GST $6557.00

Then I phone up to the boys in Lac La Biche Sporting Goods,, I know they will be cheaper but I figure if its close it may be worth the gas.. The same boat with a 8 HP Merc out the door with GST for $4830.00.. Thats a $1727.00 difference,, wow !!!!

You know there is a reason those boys are the biggest Honda dealer and getting to be the largest Lund dealer in western Canada,, they just can't be beat.. Looks like I will be making a trip north in the next month or so back home and pick up another boat from the boys..

Its the same scenario with quads from them boys they just can't be beat,, never..

Last edited by Walleyes; 03-01-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Banned

I always like to see these small town dealers doing well. Can't remember the last time I bought a big ticket item in the city....maybe a truck in 2003.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:11 AM

I'm in the market for something similar myself. Good to know and thank you very much for the post and heads up.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:12 AM

Default Boat

Try Lethbridge Marine as well, they are normaly quite reasonable, and its a slow time of year for them. Ask for Bob, great guy.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Banned

Note to self...............Remember Lac La Biche Sporting Goods.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Banned

nicemustang..

They quoted me $6000.00 on a WC14 with 9.9 Merc with a heavier than standard trailer.. That puts LLBSG cheaper on a 14' than ABM on a 12'..

spurly.

Thx for the heads up I will give them a shout..
Old 03-01-2011, 11:44 AM

I bought a brand new Crestliner 14ft cartopper for $1900. I found Crestliner to be lighter, but deeper than most brands.

Then I bought a new 20hp 4 stroke Tohatsu for $2500.

Kijiji a used trailer and u should be in the ballpark ur looking at spending but will have much more boat and motor than the 12 footer/8hp

Just a thought
Old 03-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by camshaft View Post
I bought a brand new Crestliner 14ft cartopper for $1900. I found Crestliner to be lighter, but deeper than most brands.

Then I bought a new 20hp 4 stroke Tohatsu for $2500.

Kijiji a used trailer and u should be in the ballpark ur looking at spending but will have much more boat and motor than the 12 footer/8hp

Just a thought
Thx camshaft..

Been watching kijiji for a while now as well as all the other sites just can't find anything I like. Most are someones bang up stuff they want next to new for or they are next to new and people want more than what you can get them new for. I guess they buy them at these over priced dealers then have to get their money out of them. I am extremely picky with my stuff and I can't stand abused equipment new is pretty much the only option for me..

My '06 Fisherman has around 400hrs on it and I would pay anybody to find a spec of dust in it never mind any damage. I am quite anal about it,, just ask my friends and family.. I have no problem using my equipment for what its intended for but just be careful when doing so and when I am done its a joy to spend an afternoon shining up my baby,, inside and out and even underneath..
Old 03-01-2011, 02:35 PM

Not surprised about Alberta Marine! They used to own the GM dealership in Claresholm Beauchamps Chev/Olds, biggest crooks around! Then they sold out and son Greg thought he would try his hand at boats in Nanton. Bunch of jagg offs!
Old 03-01-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post

Been watching kijiji for a while now as well as all the other sites just can't find anything I like. Most are someones bang up stuff they want next to new for or they are next to new and people want more than what you can get them new for. I guess they buy them at these over priced dealers then have to get their money out of them. I am extremely picky with my stuff and I can't stand abused equipment new is pretty much the only option for me..
x2. although I'm probably a little less picky (LOL) I can't find squat on kijiji either that I'd pay money for. I'm keeping more of an eye on craigslist montana or crankyape but then I'm going to have to settle.

I'd pretty a 14' and 15 hp as well, but beggers can't be choosers.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:34 PM

Default Kevins marine

Get a price from Kevins marine in Fort quappe lle Sask

Best prices on Lunds I have found so far W101
Old 03-01-2011, 09:18 PM

Thumbs up Llb

The boys at Lac La Biche Sporting Goods are simply great to deal with, great building, lots of stock, great service and price. Simply a great place to deal.
Those who have been there know, it's worth the phone call if you are looking for a boat, quad, rifle or sled.