Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.S View Post
Saskatoon? Would vancouver, Edm/calgary not be better since there is already a store in winnipeg?
Thanks to Premier Ed's royalty fumble, Sask. is booming, makes sense.....
Old 05-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheL View Post
It will be built in Edmonton and be bigger and better than your bass pro in Calgary. The pride of the building will spread to the Oiler's and Eskimo's and they will play better than your teams. Then that same pride will make our units grow to twice the size as your small southern units.

Is that how its done?
You know what is kind of funny about all this, Cabelas themselves have said these stores will be smaller and more warehousy and not really all done up. So I am picturing a "Wholesale sports" layout with Cabelas on the front. Lol same prices just a different name. You guys can have the halfassed Cabelas, we will stick with our genuine Canadian BPS.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:04 PM

You mean the Bass Pro with no stock? Gladly let the you have it.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:15 PM

Yup can't see Saskatoon as a feisable place. Edmonton yup. And in BC thinkin Kamloops would be a thought. Just my thoughts.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 05-10-2010, 04:50 PM

it will not look like thu US stores it will look like the Cabela/SIR in winnipeg
Old 05-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky_hunter View Post
it will not look like thu US stores it will look like the Cabela/SIR in winnipeg
Ya disappointing.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheL View Post
It will be built in Edmonton and be bigger and better than your bass pro in Calgary. The pride of the building will spread to the Oiler's and Eskimo's and they will play better than your teams. Then that same pride will make our units grow to twice the size as your small southern units.

Is that how its done?

LMAO!!!!...now this is the funniest thing i have ever read on AOF, thanks for that
Old 05-10-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
You know what is kind of funny about all this, Cabelas themselves have said these stores will be smaller and more warehousy and not really all done up. So I am picturing a "Wholesale sports" layout with Cabelas on the front. Lol same prices just a different name. You guys can have the halfassed Cabelas, we will stick with our genuine Canadian BPS.
I LOVE IT, oh the jealousy is killing you, lol and its plain to see just from reading this thread. Bwahahahahahahaha

You can't even get them to confirm where they are building their stores and all of a sudden you know the size, how they will be stocked, and how much they will be stocked. That right there is too damn funny, so i say to you Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha
Old 05-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I LOVE IT, oh the jealousy is killing you, lol and its plain to see just from reading this thread. Bwahahahahahahaha

You can't even get them to confirm where they are building their stores and all of a sudden you know the size, how they will be stocked, and how much they will be stocked. That right there is too damn funny, so i say to you Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha
yup "genuine" Canadian BPS..so he and his buddies can buy some top water plugs and go on the Bow for for some of them MONSTER Largemouth Bass!!..that we all know are in there, but nobody here in Canada sold decent hooks for, until the "all Canadian" Bass Pro Shops opened???
Old 05-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:

It is called a press release. Where they said they will not be glamorous like the US stores. And if there HQ for Canada is not a good looking store why would their other stores in Can be any different?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:25 PM

i put my bid in for the drywall work today for the edmonton store!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
It is called a press release. Where they said they will not be glamorous like the US stores. And if there HQ for Canada is not a good looking store why would their other stores in Can be any different?
GLAMOROUS and fishing supplies don't go hand in hand anyways, and thats fine by me, I am going to buy tackle not look at their walls
Old 05-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
GLAMOROUS and fishing supplies don't go hand in hand anyways, and thats fine by me, I am going to buy tackle not look at their walls
Cant buy tackle at wholesale sports? It is supposed to be the experience, Thats what made BPS and Cabelas tourist attractions. A larger version of wholesale sports is hardly anything to dance and rave about.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Cant buy tackle at wholesale sports? It is supposed to be the experience, Thats what made BPS and Cabelas tourist attractions. A larger version of wholesale sports is hardly anything to dance and rave about.
Oh sas, you're funny. Yes i buy tackle there, and CT, and wallyworld, and fishin hole, and i even buy tackle at little gas stations. But i do not go to these and eventually the NEW CABELAS for a tourist attraction
Old 05-10-2010, 08:55 PM

If the store is like the US stores that I visited,and carries the full Cabela's line,I will likely do some shopping there,but if it turns out to be another SIR,I likely won't bother.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:00 PM

Cabela's in Winnipeg is taking their fishing selection form 20000 to 60000 sku's so it will get a lot better, and more in line with what is stocked in the US stores. They recently opened a brand new distribution center for their catalog division in Winnipeg as well, and any Catalog orders for Cabela's for Canada will come out of here. I heard that they are going to be opening 4 new stores across Canada is the next little while but no locations were being confirmed by them to the public yet.

Chris K
Old 05-10-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
I heard that they are going to be opening 4 new stores across Canada is the next little while but no locations were being confirmed by them to the public yet.

Chris K
OH MY GOD, you just had to say it, the wheels in sas's head must be spinning out of control now, lol
Old 05-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Banned

At Cabalas Canada I bet you can't order items from the U.S. catalog to the stores like you can in the U.S.

That would require shipping costs.

Just like Home Depot U.S. and Home Depot Canada.

At any new Cabalas Canada you will have to buy the garbage and junk that they send north to us.

Sort of like WSS Edmonton and Calgary. Have you guys noticed very little inventory replacement at the Edmonton south side store lately? Me thinks there is a problem in south Edmonton.

So who really cares if Cabalas come to Canada?

BTW: for you guys that like numbers, have you noticed how WSS inflates the cost of their retail products by about 25 percent over Cabala's? That is about the same amount as the shipping from Cabala's

I doubt if Cabalas Canada would ever want to lose on that lucrative little profit margin.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post

At any new Cabalas Canada you will have to buy the garbage and junk that they send north to us.

Well....you don't HAVE to buy!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:40 PM

[QUOTE=greylynx;585474] Have you guys noticed very little inventory replacement at the Edmonton south side store lately? Me thinks there is a problem in south Edmonton. QUOTE]

I went into WSS south side to grab some ammo and a new ammo cannister. There was hardly any .270 on the shelf and the ammo cannisters hadn't been restocked since I was in there two weeks ago (still couldn't get a large size cannsiter). The shelves seem rather picked through and not just in these areas!! Are these guys planning on going out of business? Geez Get some stock on your shelves or I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Having a Cabelas wouldn't be such a bad thing, though I wish they would stock what they do in the US. The US website is so much better than the Canadian site!! Wish mail order in Canada was half as good as it is in the States!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:44 AM

Having a Cabelas wouldn't be such a bad thing, though I wish they would stock what they do in the US. The US website is so much better than the Canadian site!! Wish mail order in Canada was half as good as it is in the States![/QUOTE]

Thats why you find good friends or family down south that you can order stuff and get shipped to them. Thats what I do for all my family who lives in Canada... Its really stupid for how similar the 2 countries are that the businesses make things so freaking gay to send things cross border. Or that the merchandise they do sell is a fraction of what is available elsewhere. I mean I understand about the federal laws regarding import/export of certian items but the rest of the stuff? just stupid!
Old 05-14-2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post

I went into WSS south side to grab some ammo and a new ammo cannister. There was hardly any .270 on the shelf and the ammo cannisters hadn't been restocked since I was in there two weeks ago (still couldn't get a large size cannsiter). The shelves seem rather picked through and not just in these areas!! Are these guys planning on going out of business? Geez Get some stock on your shelves or I'm taking my business elsewhere.
Same thing is happening in all WSS with their ammo. It has something to do with them not being able to get their shipments across the boarder from the US. Saskatoon location has very little ammo as well and some workers there said it has been like that since Oboma took over. Whether that is true or not i have no idea.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger View Post
Same thing is happening in all WSS with their ammo. It has something to do with them not being able to get their shipments across the boarder from the US. Saskatoon location has very little ammo as well and some workers there said it has been like that since Oboma took over. Whether that is true or not i have no idea.
I agree but why can i find what iam looking for at P&D? Their stuff comes from the US also. I was just at WSS looking for Sierra bullets and powder and no big surprise they didnt have it. Go to P&D and they have their shelves stocked with bullets and have the powder iam looking for. At WSS the guy told me the 52 sierra bthp are very popular and the 10 boxes they got in went quickly, Well then how about someone order more then 10 boxes? Are you idiots? P&D had a lot of them. Better management? Cabelas coming wont make much difference with available items, just go to their Canadian website and look at all the back ordered items.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorr View Post
I agree but why can i find what iam looking for at P&D? Their stuff comes from the US also. I was just at WSS looking for Sierra bullets and powder and no big surprise they didnt have it. Go to P&D and they have their shelves stocked with bullets and have the powder iam looking for. At WSS the guy told me the 52 sierra bthp are very popular and the 10 boxes they got in went quickly, Well then how about someone order more then 10 boxes? Are you idiots? P&D had a lot of them. Better management? Cabelas coming wont make much difference with available items, just go to their Canadian website and look at all the back ordered items.
Ammo shortages from the US. Due to Obongo there is an Ammo shortage and Canada gets little ammo shipped up. Once things pick up I will start making my own ammunition, loads of it..
Old 05-15-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Ammo shortages from the US. Due to Obongo there is an Ammo shortage and Canada gets little ammo shipped up. Once things pick up I will start making my own ammunition, loads of it..
I wouldn't exactly say that there is much of an ammo shortage going on right now. That was last year. This year things have picked up considerably and you can find what you are looking for without to much effort. There just isn't the demand for ammo in Canada as there is in the States. Stock goes where the money is...simple math
Old 05-26-2010, 05:18 PM

I was out and about this afternoon , not sure what two green Ford trucks with Cabela's stickers mean , but they were in Fort Saskatchewan at the Mall . Which is pretty well empty but lots of huge space , Like where the old Safeway store was . Not sure if this means anything . I just found it interesting .

Old 05-26-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
I was out and about this afternoon , not sure what two green Ford trucks with Cabela's stickers mean , but they were in Fort Saskatchewan at the Mall . Which is pretty well empty but lots of huge space , Like where the old Safeway store was . Not sure if this means anything . I just found it interesting .

Pretty sure they are not Cabelas reps. Ford had made a Cabelas edition awhile ago. Probably one of those
Old 05-26-2010, 05:33 PM

but two of em side by side
Old 05-26-2010, 06:14 PM

The Fort mall would make a nice Cabela's huh BB john. lol For sale nice and cheap too
Old 05-26-2010, 09:41 PM

Default bass pro prices

i just bought a bushnell arc legend 1200(black)for $389 w tax at wss.at bass pro they had a price for the camo one $479plus tax.usually the camo ones go for about 30 or 40 bucks more.huge price diff though.seems like the clothing was reasonably priced,but the bear attack bow and the rangefinder i looked at were way more at BP.just something i noticed this weekend:and they sure dont have near to all of what they have on their website.so even if cabelas comes will we get the selection and pricing they do down south??