Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-26-2015, 04:07 PM

Default West Arm of Kootenay Lake

I've been told there is no fishing allowed in the west arm by a couple of people and the opposite by others, Trying to find out online is driving me crazy. Does anyone know for sure I am going there for 2 weeks in June. Any insight/advice would be highly appreciated
Thanx
Old 02-26-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanna View Post
I've been told there is no fishing allowed in the west arm by a couple of people and the opposite by others, Trying to find out online is driving me crazy. Does anyone know for sure I am going there for 2 weeks in June. Any insight/advice would be highly appreciated
Thanx
Best thing to do is look up the BC non-tidal sportfishing regulations ..... anything short of that ..... and your just getting more opinions.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:41 PM

upper west arm: Rainbow trout release, Jan 1- May 31
Kokanee release all year, EXCEPT Apr 1-Apr 7, May 1-May 7, June 1-June 7, and July 1-July 7 only, when daily quota = 5; NOTE: the combined daily quota for kokanee from the Upper West Arm (when open to kokanee harvest) and the Lower West Arm (when open to kokanee harvest) cannot exceed 5
Bait ban, June 1-Aug 31

Lower west arm:Kokanee daily quota = 5, but only on Saturday and Sunday of each week. Kokanee release Monday through Friday of each week. NOTE: the combined daily quota for kokanee from the Upper West Arm (when open to kokanee harvest) and the Lower West Arm (when open to kokanee harvest) cannot exceed 5

Main Body: Closed all year north of a line between signs at Argenta and Mosquito Landing
No fishing north of a line between signs at Lost Ledge Creek & Salisbury Creek, Feb 1-June 10
Conservation Surcharge Stamp required to keep rainbow trout over 50 cm, annual quota = 5
Barbless hook

All I could find
Old 02-26-2015, 08:29 PM

Don't believe anything you hear from BC residents and fishing regulations. I think their regs change so much they don't even know the regulations themselves. I've been told by several I can't use treble hooks in BC waters. Well guess what they are perfectly legal unless otherwise stated in lakes. So go figure, they don't even know the rules themselves. That's why its always a good idea to read through the general regs yearly and the lake specific regs every time before you go out! Not worth being fined for ignorance right.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures