Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-25-2014, 10:33 AM

Default Antelope suggestions???

I was wondering if any of you experienced Antelope hunters could shed some light on the do's and dont's for hunting Antelope. I'm not looking for anyone's secret spot or anything like that, I have my tag and we have our area. I have never hunted speed goats and was wondering more about how to actually hunt them. My season is Oct 20-25, I'm assuming the rutting activity will be over by then. Is decoying still effective at this time of year. Strictly spot and stalk? Set up in a blind need a water hole? Thanks for any tips and help. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

SS
Old 09-25-2014, 11:06 AM

Spot and stalk from vantage points is the way to go, scout and contact land owners ahead of time. Using a decoy will result in someone getting shot, rifle season can be a bit congested in many areas and it's an awful idea when the guns are a blazing. Have fun. Most of the antelope will be on the run after opening day so be prepared to be sneaking up on very wily critters.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:55 AM

Spot and stalk or maybe even hiding out in a blind are likely the best bets. I really don't need to have someone trying to stick their tag on my hide... LOL. In saying that, maybe a decoy set up by a water hole and me in a blind a ways away... It's good to have options.
Best of luck to everyone out there.
Thanks for the replies and PM's, much appreciated.

Cheers, SS