Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-19-2016, 10:51 AM

Question Need Ideas for Camping/Fishing Trip

Hey guys
I just joined and was hoping you could help me out with some ideas. I am planning a bachelor party for a good friend and all he wants to do is go camping and fishing. We are all in our 30s and not looking to get crazy. I will be pulling my 31' trailer and bringing my quad. We have camped on crown land before but at the usual spots that are typically full of drunk butt holes who think because its crown land there are no laws, and don't want that this time. I was hoping someone on this forum could help shed light on areas less frequented that would have some kind of access to shore fishing. I have time to plan this because it wont be till the summer but the sooner we can start working on where to go, the sooner I can start sorting out scheduling. As I said we are not looking to get crazy, however I think staying in a provincial park campground would get us into trouble.

So the checklist is:
Access for camping with 30' trailer (could be used as a staging area for quads as well)
Fishing
Off the beaten path
Within 3 hours of Calgary
No douchebags doing drunk wheelies in the dark

I appreciate you reading my post and thank you for any information you can share

RDSTDS
Old 02-19-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDStds View Post
Hey guys
I just joined and was hoping you could help me out with some ideas. I am planning a bachelor party for a good friend and all he wants to do is go camping and fishing. We are all in our 30s and not looking to get crazy. I will be pulling my 31' trailer and bringing my quad. We have camped on crown land before but at the usual spots that are typically full of drunk butt holes who think because its crown land there are no laws, and don't want that this time. I was hoping someone on this forum could help shed light on areas less frequented that would have some kind of access to shore fishing. I have time to plan this because it wont be till the summer but the sooner we can start working on where to go, the sooner I can start sorting out scheduling. As I said we are not looking to get crazy, however I think staying in a provincial park campground would get us into trouble.

So the checklist is:
Access for camping with 30' trailer (could be used as a staging area for quads as well)
Fishing
Off the beaten path
Within 3 hours of Calgary
No douchebags doing drunk wheelies in the dark

I appreciate you reading my post and thank you for any information you can share

RDSTDS
A number of Provincial Parks have group area's that are set a side from the "normal campers" where they expect more noise. That's why they set them away from the normal campground.

So if it were me I'd call a few and see what would be available.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:27 PM

following.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:39 PM
Banned

If it's not a long week end it should be fairly easy to find a good place, look to see where you want to fish then look for the camping, lots of good camping around Rocky sout to Caroline and lots of lakes back in the hills
Old 01-28-2018, 04:46 AM

Brazeau group use area hits all your points.

B.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:32 PM

Party is probably over----Old post

Tags
bachelor party, camping, crown land, fishing, help me