Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 03:01 PM

My problem is, we are not allowed opinions!
If I don't agree with homosexuality I am wrong. Live and let live, but don't rub my face in it, but every day here it is. I have family friends and coworkers who are gay, their life! Good people and keep it to themselves.
Let's have a "straight pride parade' oh that's homophobic but lets have a gay pride parade with the city's mayor as the marshal and it has to be okay.
In Calgary we have all kinds of 'pride' days and all go okay, because they have to, but what happens when we have white pride marches? Violence and protests.
We also have to sit back as history is changed, the government changed the name of a mountain, because it was racially offensive. A high school in Calgary changed the name of their sports team because the name could be deemed offensive though it hasn't been in over 30 years.
I was married to an Indian, but you can't say Indian. They are Aboriginals, First Nations etc yet they carry Indian Status cards that allows the 'ever so sweet' hunting rules of their own. They get discount gas and smokes under the Indian Excise act, and in the hunting/fishing regs they follow under the Indian Act. They are called Indians in the States, but not here. They get to wear cool Native Pride hats but if I wore a White pride hat....
It is a crazy world, I can't seem to keep up. I believe in live and let live, but don't force your crap on me telling me I have to agree or I'm wrong.
And last but not least, it is Merry CHRISTmas.. and always will be!!!
Old 12-04-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connexion123 View Post
Sure. A gay straight alliance.

How about a white/black alliance. A scottish/irish one? Maybe a netherland/russia one. How far do we want to take this.

In the meantime...

http://www.infowars.com/left-has-gon...ng-now-racist/

LEFT HAS GONE INSANE: WHITE CHRISTMAS SONG NOW RACIST
It is now racist to use the word white in any context

During the Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Rockefeller Square, Hootie & the Blowfish lead singer Darius Rucker sang “White Christmas.”

Posts on Twitter criticized Rucker, who is black, for singing the song written by Irving Berlin, a Jew.

The Left has truly gone insane. The song is about snow, not race.

It is now racist to use the word white in any context. If allowed to spread, the irrational insanity of the Left will destroy America.

How long before they demand their own Mao to conduct a cultural revolution?
You never answered my question, instead posted some Alex Jones rant and drivel about some guy getting criticized for singing a song.

So, about this LGBT agenda you alluded to, are you going to explain it or just direct me to Alex Jones?

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 12-04-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:

In the meantime...

http://www.infowars.com/left-has-gon...ng-now-racist/

LEFT HAS GONE INSANE: WHITE CHRISTMAS SONG NOW RACIST
It is now racist to use the word white in any context

During the Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Rockefeller Square, Hootie & the Blowfish lead singer Darius Rucker sang “White Christmas.”

Posts on Twitter criticized Rucker, who is black, for singing the song written by Irving Berlin, a Jew.

The Left has truly gone insane. The song is about snow, not race.

It is now racist to use the word white in any context. If allowed to spread, the irrational insanity of the Left will destroy America.

How long before they demand their own Mao to conduct a cultural revolution?

WTF? There was ONE twitter post. THAT gets a headline about "The Left" going crazy? And the post didn't mention Rucker's color or Irving Berlin or Jews. That was all added by Infowars.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Henry View Post
My problem is, we are not allowed opinions!
If I don't agree with homosexuality I am wrong. Live and let live, but don't rub my face in it, but every day here it is. I have family friends and coworkers who are gay, their life! Good people and keep it to themselves.
Let's have a "straight pride parade' oh that's homophobic but lets have a gay pride parade with the city's mayor as the marshal and it has to be okay.
In Calgary we have all kinds of 'pride' days and all go okay, because they have to, but what happens when we have white pride marches? Violence and protests.
We also have to sit back as history is changed, the government changed the name of a mountain, because it was racially offensive. A high school in Calgary changed the name of their sports team because the name could be deemed offensive though it hasn't been in over 30 years.
I was married to an Indian, but you can't say Indian. They are Aboriginals, First Nations etc yet they carry Indian Status cards that allows the 'ever so sweet' hunting rules of their own. They get discount gas and smokes under the Indian Excise act, and in the hunting/fishing regs they follow under the Indian Act. They are called Indians in the States, but not here. They get to wear cool Native Pride hats but if I wore a White pride hat....
It is a crazy world, I can't seem to keep up. I believe in live and let live, but don't force your crap on me telling me I have to agree or I'm wrong.
And last but not least, it is Merry CHRISTmas.. and always will be!!!
Well said. I think the Gay pride parades are wrong, not because homosexuality shouldn't be allowed or people who choose to practice homosexuality to be who they are - BUT because I believe something that should be for the BEDROOM should not be pranced around in black leather minuscule 'Armor', G-strings, and sexually simulated acts. Where have our public standards gone.

Have the parade or celebration inside the saddledome or some convention centre - yes, but prancing down a public street while people's kids have to confront their parents with questions at very young ages - not right.

Next in the leftward shift: "A loving committed relationship between two loving sexually involved beings" will become the acceptance of a Man + sheep or a woman and a dog. Leave your private preferences in the bedroom please. Equality to do what you like - YES, but again, don't shove it in other peoples faces. (this includes religions, I believe I live by example and I am happy to answer if people ASK - but I don't go telling people what they are doing is wrong according to my religious beliefs - I am busy enough trying to be a better person everyday for myself).

Let Ontario be Left, and leave Alberta Right.

Oh - and just because you were born a certain way doesn't make something right - this is not Anti-gay, homosexuality between two consenting adults is their own choice, do what you want. But if a person is born with an attraction to violence - does that make it 'Normal' and acceptable ? Is a person who is born with a thing for animals make it 'normal' and acceptable ? the example can be made for thousands of circumstances.

Behaviour -despite inherent desire- does not make anything acceptable. AGAIN - this is not anti-gay - that is their own consensual choice - this is only pointing baseline to 'Just because it feels good doesn't make it right'. Jeffery Dalmer liked killing people and eating them - he was 'born that way' - doesn't make it acceptable.

(here comes the flames - Eep!)

Last edited by Coho911; 12-04-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Forcing it on others. Mostly Christians. It's o.k. if the gov't forces things but NEVER must a Christian even TALK about any belief. They MUST leave it at home.
Home is a good place of religion. The church, synagogue, mosque or temple is OK to.

In the public sphere?

Nope. We all pay taxes, so why should one belief system be superior to another, or policy based on it?

Last edited by avb3; 12-04-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Which is opinion!
Show us one peer reviewed and accepted study published in a recognized journal that shows different.

Hint: You won't find it.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
but what happens when we have white pride marches?
Still legal, still allowed by the city. You are free to wear your leather jacket with the swastika or celtic cross on the back and march.

No one is making anyone march in a pride parade or join a gay-straight alliance. Get over it.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:30 PM

Sheep in pastures must be getting nervous.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:31 PM

And as far as private businesses being force to cater to people who willfully try to make them either comply to a person/customer's order that might go against that business person's beliefs…. (ex. : the bakery that was sued for declining to make a cake for a gay couple and the state made them comply or close shop - they closed shop to stand true to their beliefs)

I can't wait till it comes here. I look forward to hiring vegan, P.E.T.A. animal rights photographers to come take GOOD pictures of me killing my deer and gutting them, or maybe pay them to follow me with a buddy as he culls and butchers Cattle in warm blood. - want to force people to have to say yes ?…. ok we will too.

what a messed up world. I remember when people would just take business elsewhere and not make crap like that such a hill to die for.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coho911 View Post
Well said. I think the Gay pride parades are wrong, not because homosexuality shouldn't be allowed or people who choose to practice homosexuality to be who they are - BUT because I believe something that should be for the BEDROOM should not be pranced around in black leather minuscule 'Armor', G-strings, and sexually simulated acts. Where have our public standards gone.
I actually get this one and agree to an extent. But you would have to have the same standards for Carribean fest parade (or whatever it's called) with scantilly clad female dancers. Heck, those Stampeder Cheerleaders shake it pretty provocatively
Old 12-04-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Still legal, still allowed by the city. You are free to wear your leather jacket with the swastika or celtic cross on the back and march.

No one is making anyone march in a pride parade or join a gay-straight alliance. Get over it.
Never said anyone was being forced to march in a parade, read it again, in your case I recommend your good eye- the brown squinty one.
I was saying it is okay for anyone to have a parade except the White Pride parade where there is violence and protesting, because if you are white and proud you are a racist

Last edited by James Henry; 12-04-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:23 PM

Default Take a deep breath ..

Father Jim caves..... Pressure from the extreme right ,
In our hearts of hearts we know what is right ....
The youth of today and tomorrow have been saved
From a life of deprived morality . And I don't mean
Joining the Alberta Conservative party .

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/12...n_6272440.html

I guess once one has been threatened with the eternal fire , your
Mind clears
Old 12-04-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
The alliances operate in many public schools in Edmonton and Calgary, but there has been resistance to them from officials in faith-based and rural schools.
So, because out of towners and faith segregated and seperatly funded schools have an issue with what is happening in public city schools this has to be stopped?

Who is getting preferential treatment? Certainly not the young homosexuals who would benefit from the Act.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 12-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Banned

I think "King Jim" is creating another fiasco.

My only question is why is he trying to irritate Albertans who already have had Redford?

Could it be that he thinks he can do what ever he wants because of the last by elections?

Is this a diversion from what the price of oil is going to be?
Old 12-04-2014, 06:11 PM

Default Sharp

All of this reminds me that while building bridges, Indians can't be gay. Engineers collectively groaned. Not sure why they pulled that video out of the training, I thought it was rather good.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:18 PM

I'm still trying to figure out when we all agreed to some silly rule about everybody having to love & get along with each other.

If I met a gay guy, the fact he was gay is going to be about the 864th reason why I don't like him.

Why is it suddenly important to teach little Johnny that if Little Billy don't like him we got to start a stupid club about it.

Better yet.. why are kids worrying about this krap. Not enough sports and math. Lazy kids, lazy parents. My kid says "Dad I am gay" - I say "Don't care, go do your friggin chores, get your math done and skate faster. Be gay after you move out"
Old 12-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch101 View Post
Father Jim caves..... Pressure from the extreme right , In our hearts of hearts we know what is right .... The youth of today and tomorrow have been saved From a life of deprived morality . And I don't mean Joining the Alberta Conservative party .

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/12...n_6272440.html

I guess once one has been threatened with the eternal fire , your
Mind clears
Guess that ill conceived idea hit the dumpster.

I wonder if Laurie Blackman's Bill 202 is back on the table now. Diamond Jim makes his first screw up.

What is interesting is that there appears to be more dinosaurs in the PC party than the WRA is accused of. Who cares if a person is straight, gay or bi (well, those bi's are kinda lucky, but we will leave that one alone for now). They are all people, and the religious fundies on here who rant and rave about morality should look a the teachings they proclaim, look at their son or daughter, and then tell us what they would do if that son or daughter came out as gay 6 years down the road.

Would you shun, condemn, or embrace them?
Old 12-04-2014, 07:05 PM

When I was in school I was mostly concerned about keeping my marks in the right area. I didn't have time to "explore my sexuality" or give a damn about it, is this the only important issue for school kids these days? What about careers? Most everyone I knew in school were celibate and probably not by choice but let's get real.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Never said anyone was being forced to march in a parade, read it again, in your case I recommend your good eye- the brown squinty one.
I was saying it is okay for anyone to have a parade except the White Pride parade where there is violence and protesting, because if you are white and proud you are a racist
I think the issue with white pride groups and parades is that they almost always involve hating on other races or religions. The groups who are most active in promoting white pride are groups like aryan nation, the klan, and new-nazis. I'm proud of my Canadian heritage and Dutch-Irish background, but I want no part of the pride those groups are pushing.
It's a tricky bit of business to go around explicitly celebrating pride about being in a majority group since they see reflections of their views all around them every day. In the same way that no one likes a bragger, it's kinda unnecessary to go around explicitly celebrating the fact that you belong to a majority group.

I'm not trying to step on any toes with this, I'm currently enjoying my life as a straight white guy. Then again, it's pretty easy out there for someone in my position.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
I think "King Jim" is creating another fiasco.

My only question is why is he trying to irritate Albertans who already have had Redford?

Could it be that he thinks he can do what ever he wants because of the last by elections?

Is this a diversion from what the price of oil is going to be?
Admitted as much on the six o'clock news, as he backed away from the bill.

Grizz
Old 12-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Home is a good place of religion. The church, synagogue, mosque or temple is OK to.

In the public sphere?

Nope. We all pay taxes, so why should one belief system be superior to another, or policy based on it?
So why pump homosexuality. You can't eat your cake and have it too.

If my religion stays home, so does someone's sexuality.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Banned

Quote:

The difference is that you can chose your religion, or chose no religion. A homosexual can't. Besides, you are not discriminated against, and the same Charter that protects your right to be religious and my right not to be, and you and I to talk about it, protects those whose sexuality happens to be in the minority.

What is so hard to understand about that?
Old 12-04-2014, 09:54 PM

Default GSA= A/V club

Why does this involve government legislation at all? It used to be the Audio/visual club.

Can we focus on budget/clarity/accountability please?
Old 12-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:

Lol one is a belief based on faith and little else . The other Is who a person is . you chose to be a christian / a Muslim / pagan . You can wake up tomortow a become Buddhist if you wish ,based on what you think . A persons sexuality is not a choice they dont wake up and become another sex . You think that your beliefs are correct and live acordingly . I submit that sexuality is not even close to the same thing. You csn teach the bible you cant teach hetrosexual .
Old 12-04-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Good way to put it. Prentice is right, it is divisive. Don't join the club? You will be shamed, you Muggle!
I've been in several schools and residences that had gay/straight alliances that I never joined. I never felt pressured to join, and their existence never negatively impacted me.

Quote:
There was a pro-family rally a few years back that I witnessed.
What does "pro-family" mean? Anti-homosexual?
Old 12-04-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I submit that sexuality is not even close to the same thing. You can teach the bible you cant teach hetrosexual .
Yet the LGBT crowd can force the issue to the front of the governments agenda. I submit to you that this issue has gone completely overboard.

The "current" media frenzy is more to do with JP trying to continue his reinvention snowball too far.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:03 PM

The fact is pretty simple ..... all we are really talking about is providing and protecting the rights and privileges, to a minority group, in this case LGBTQ, to be "allowed" to have the rights and privileges that the rest of us "white male heterosexual Christians" have aren't we?

What's the big deal .....

A little tolerance makes us all better doesn't it? That's what I'm trying to teach my kids.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:06 PM

I think instead of complaining about politics, some should enter. The voice is not heard speaking to the trees.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:07 PM

Should we not be identifying the people that do not recognize all persons rights to fair treatment?

I say this at work all the time:
Punish the offenders, not the whole body.

BTW I am going to bed soon so I may not engage further tonight.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putter1022 View Post
Yet the LGBT crowd can force the issue to the front of the governments agenda. I submit to you that this issue has gone completely overboard.

The "current" media frenzy is more to do with JP trying to continue his reinvention snowball too far.
Its a very clever political move it brings the zelots to the fore front as we see here . Making an easy target for scrutiny . Now ask them a few well worded questions and ...koo koo for coco puffs. Its 2014, folks that are closeminded dont get votes . Imo . In alberta the wr party will basically self destruct over this type of issue.
Closed Thread