Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coho911 View Post
I 100% agree with this statement. I get confused about all the equality talk from these LGBT groups saying they have the right to have their choice and if you don't like it, then thats your opinion and they will do what they want in their businesses, but then say Christians and other religious groups are NOT allowed to have their beliefs and lifestyles, and do what THEY want in THEIR businesses because the LGBT groups demand they stop.

The charter of rights and freedoms of Canada,

Read the FIRST point on the charter, and then the Fundamental Freedoms. It is surprising how many people who have a leftist opinion keep saying when their beloved Pierre Trudeau put this charter in place. They don't even know what ALL our Rights and Freedoms are.

And then under section 15. Equality Rights, it states that everyone has the right to not be discriminated against INCLUDING Sex or RELIGION - and yet look at how often people bash religious beliefs and discriminate against religions and the free right to religious opinion. (opinion and belief RIGHTS)
Section 15 means that one can't discriminate against a person because they are Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, Sikh or Atheist. It doesn't restrict any of those groups from expressing their opinion on any of the others.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Section 15 means that one can't discriminate against a person because they are Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, Sikh or Atheist. It doesn't restrict any of those groups from expressing their opinion on any of the others.
Yes I know and agree, I am saying that the LGBT groups are saying religious groups CANNOT have their opinions or beliefs - completely against the charter's section 15 which gives and guarantees religious opinions and beliefs (along with racial, sexual, etc.).

By LGBT groups bringing lawsuits against PRIVATE businesses that practice their own religious beliefs - that in itself is discrimination saying "you cannot have your business because I don't like your opinion". Keyword - PRIVATE businesses - not public.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:57 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
O.K. so I am old and really do not know what the term gay straight alliance means. I goggled it and it says to help gays feel more safe and comfortable in schools. So I still do not know what it means how can you be gay and be straight or is it just a mixture as it is now or what gives?
Pink, blue, Christian, atheist, gay, straight who cares, jeepers. live and let live. Going to get a bill or whatever to form an alliance etc what the heck are we becoming? I'm old and in the work I am in I believe us older fellas need to form an alliance...

Thank you for the google update, heard this on the news.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-04-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Do tell... How does science prove that being gay is a choice? I don't know any straight people that woke up one morning and decided to be gay?
Well, I could almost bet that I would be inundated with negative responses. I can almost hear the "he's a Homophobic". If you knew me you would know I'm not. Which is why I said this thread cannot detract from the OP. If you really want to.... start another thread.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Please enligten us. What exactly IS in the "fine print" of the legislation? There is nothing about your "for instance" in the legislation. Nobody is making you or your kid do anything.

No worries, Oko. I don't have the original unedited act handy (it was modified before it was put into place), but Basically the issue was that the education act was being amended to be Bridged with the
Alberta Human rights act. Furthermore the definition of "School" was proposed to include private school and "a parent providing a home education program".
Old 12-04-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Pink, blue, Christian, atheist, gay, straight who cares, jeepers. live and let live. Going to get a bill or whatever to form an alliance etc what the heck are we becoming? I'm old and in the work I am in I believe us older fellas need to form an alliance...

Thank you for the google update, heard this on the news.
Ya can't

Because if you have a "man of vision award" it would be sexist and straight pride days are homophobic.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
Well, I could almost bet that I would be inundated with negative responses. I can almost hear the "he's a Homophobic". If you knew me you would know I'm not. Which is why I said this thread cannot detract from the OP. If you really want to.... start another thread.
I'm not suggesting anything, nor am I trying to be negative toward you in any way... Growing up in small town Newfoundland, I was a severe homophobic - because it was the normal thing to be. Wasn't until I moved to Toronto (insert newfie joke here) that I started learning about the world around me.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Furthermore the definition of "School" was proposed to include private school and "a parent providing a home education program".

So practically, if your home-schooled son wanted to form a gay-straight alliance, you couldn't necessarily prohibit him. His parents could take it to court. Wait, that's you!

Basically the legislation makes it SLIGHTLY easier for gay students to form a support group. Whose rights are being infringed with that? I'm amused by fellows here quoting the Charter of Rights and Freedoms as justification to oppose the rights of students and their families to form such groups, the only purpose of which is to foster greater understanding and combat bullying. Its positively Kafkaesque.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wasn't until I moved to Toronto (insert newfie joke here) that I started learning about the world around me.
This answers a lot of my questions.

I think you were much better off when learning about the world around you in Newfoundland. No joke intended.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
This answers a lot of my questions.

I think you were much better off when learning about the world around you in Newfoundland. No joke intended.
So I should have stayed in my small town and held on to the small town ignorance... And ignorance by the way is lack of knowledge.

I learned not to give a crap about many things, if it doesn't directly affect my life, or expect me to bend over and kiss it's arse, then let it be.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
The schools teach we are all animals, so as my wife suggested is it not survival of the fittest?? Besides they also teach there is no God, and there is no free will, and there is no hope. That is another subject.....

I woke this morning to a couple radio announcers debating the subject , my thought was why on earth is the government wasting time and monies by privileging one group over any other based on sexual preference? Bullying is wrong... DEAL WITH THAT!!

Why is the government not spending time dealing with the suicides caused by bullying? Once again, I feel that there are people more right than myself, and to say so is being racist, or Homophobic.
Not at all schools teach what is provable and repeatable. So since god wont prove him self (we cant see him in 13 billion light years) and we can use science to prove most of what "god " was attributed with ...chin up you make your own hope.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortaction View Post
Being gay or straight is not a choice! So when your rights are infringed upon for being gay because people think it's a poor "choice" there needs to be a law to protect them and grant them the same freedom everyone else expects and enjoys.

I see you missed the part about not wanting a debate on the merits of homosexuality.
My question was simply what the law is for and why it is that we need another law.
I'd be much more inclined to get excited about laws protecting my rights as hunter, fisherman, and outdoors enthusiast.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
So I should have stayed in my small town and held on to the small town ignorance... And ignorance by the way is lack of knowledge.

I learned not to give a crap about many things, if it doesn't directly affect my life, or expect me to bend over and kiss it's arse, then let it be.
You went from ignorance to arrogance (geographically speaking).

Toronto being the Center of the Universe.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Banned

Quote:

Didn't know Alberta existed when growing up in Newfie, canada ended at the Ontario border

Toronto can be a cool place to live, just keep away from the typical BS. Leave before it makes you hard.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:07 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:

i approved the sentiment, though the explination takes away from the wit.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 12-04-2014, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Didn't know Alberta existed when growing up in Newfie, canada ended at the Ontario border

Toronto can be a cool place to live, just keep away from the typical BS. Leave before it makes you hard.
Growing up in Fort McMurray I didn't realize there was a border between Alberta and Newfoundland.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:

Growing up in Fort McMurray I didn't realize there was a border between Alberta and Newfoundland.
Newfoundland has been supplying Canada with Newfies since 1949.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Newfoundland has been supplying Canada with Newfies since 1949.
It took me about 10 years to lose my accent after leaving Ft Mac.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:31 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:

Quebec!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-04-2014, 01:32 PM
Banned

In all fairness, I wish I had my time back Kurt, I would have been in Alberta instead. Fishing is better in Ontario overall, but this is the place to be but I do enjoy Alberta more.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:43 PM

Default I offer up this little tidbit

I am sure will clear up all the misunderstandings on this subject .

No need to thank me .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (45.8 KB, 76 views)
Old 12-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blgoodbrand1 View Post
Can someone explain why we need legislation for this purpose. I don't want to debate lifestyle choices, just wondering what the purpose of a law is?
Forcing it on others. Mostly Christians. It's o.k. if the gov't forces things but NEVER must a Christian even TALK about any belief. They MUST leave it at home.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortaction View Post
Being gay or straight is not a choice! So when your rights are infringed upon for being gay because people think it's a poor "choice" there needs to be a law to protect them and grant them the same freedom everyone else expects and enjoys.
Which is opinion!
Old 12-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Banned

http://martinprosperity.org/2012/09/...ian-is-canada/

So how much of Canada is actually gay?

Why are we PANDERING to this. Isn't it enough to say everyone is EQUAL?

Oh right, they want more than equality.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:35 PM

wow, that map shows same-sex couples, not everyone who is gay. nice try.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH View Post
It's a relative comparison, it's comparing against strait couple, not everyone that's strait.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connexion123 View Post
http://martinprosperity.org/2012/09/...ian-is-canada/

So how much of Canada is actually gay?

Why are we PANDERING to this. Isn't it enough to say everyone is EQUAL?

Oh right, they want more than equality.
what's this "more then equality" concept the LGBT community is after. could you please explain this in detail? Saying everyone is equal is not the same as treating everyone as equals.

yes I do think certain segments of the population are far to quick to drop the discrimination word when they feel slighted, but really it is the smallest groups that face the most discrimination and have to cry louder then anyone else in order to be heard.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 12-04-2014, 02:53 PM

Default Support groups and clubs ....

Have always existed in most larger schools . Who do you think

Band , Drama club , Chess club , were for . Were you people

Raised by wolves . How come you don't know any of this stuff .

Why doesn't the media just come clean instead filling us up with

BS . The far right ,the Christian church , most of the Wild Rose party

Do not want any equality between society and gay anything .
Old 12-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH View Post
Meh, so, lets say 10% of Canada is gay or lgtpq or whatever. (I know 10% is WAAAYYYY high.)

10% dictating the 90% is stupid. It is enough to be called equal and treated equal.

I am against special rights for ANYONE except handicapped people. Mental or physical. They for the most part are deserving of a boost.

Race, colour, creed, religion, sex, or sexuality should not garner any special treatment. Period.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
what's this "more then equality" concept the LGBT community is after. could you please explain this in detail? Saying everyone is equal is not the same as treating everyone as equals.

yes I do think certain segments of the population are far to quick to drop the discrimination word when they feel slighted, but really it is the smallest groups that face the most discrimination and have to cry louder then anyone else in order to be heard.
Sure. A gay straight alliance.

How about a white/black alliance. A scottish/irish one? Maybe a netherland/russia one. How far do we want to take this.

In the meantime...

http://www.infowars.com/left-has-gon...ng-now-racist/

LEFT HAS GONE INSANE: WHITE CHRISTMAS SONG NOW RACIST
It is now racist to use the word white in any context

During the Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Rockefeller Square, Hootie & the Blowfish lead singer Darius Rucker sang “White Christmas.”

Posts on Twitter criticized Rucker, who is black, for singing the song written by Irving Berlin, a Jew.

The Left has truly gone insane. The song is about snow, not race.

It is now racist to use the word white in any context. If allowed to spread, the irrational insanity of the Left will destroy America.

How long before they demand their own Mao to conduct a cultural revolution?
Closed Thread