Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith78 View Post
Gag dammit Man!!!

The buffalo are dead because of our actions...do you not see the irony in your statement!
From hunting, not quadding. Let's ban hunting then because of what it did to the Bison.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bison View Post
How is this for starters

There was a quad rally held close to my place a couple years ago, the trail into crownland was over an unpaved road allowance cutting trough my land.It had been raining the day prior to the rally and there was standing water in the low spots.
There were in excess of 2000 quads and side by sides riding that day. A month later i still could not use that road with my 4x4 truck to get to my fields cause of the deep ruts and the fence to fence mud holes that were created that day. I had in the end the county send a grader to fix it cause the rally organizers basicly gave me the finger when i complained.
The path of destruction that was made trough the bush by all these morons can prob still be seen from outerspace today.

I could not care less if these ATV's get outlawed and sent to the smelters.
It's a county road allowance. You don't own it or have the right to it any more than anyone else. Would you have been okay with it if it was 2000 4 x 4 trucks driving on it that day? Would the destruction of been any less? Furthermore, if you run up and down a county road and put ruts in it, are you going to foot the bill to fix it, or is that the county's responsibility to maintain it. I'm sure you'd pay for a grader to go out there on your own dime to maintain the county road. Yah sure. You first state that the county road was rutted up, then talk about the path of destruction made through the bush. If you think quad cause damage, then lead by example and get rid of your 4 x 4 truck because you shouldn't be driving in wet conditions anyway, right? You don't own the bush or county roads more than anyone else.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post

Mr. Rockpile, If you saw a major poaching incident occurring after this incident would you bother to contact the authorities?
I'd report 'em. And I'd expect the F&W officer to go out and give them a warning.

Oh, we're on page 8. I'm a little late, aren't I? LOL slinking off.

Last edited by Okotokian; 10-16-2013 at 12:40 PM.