Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 02-18-2014, 05:05 PM

Default yote Averages

So I averaged $77.52 U.S on my yotes. I started in the end of October and thes ones i sold were all before the end of november. I had 43 of them.

I am curious to know when you guys started your yote catching and which part of the province you got them in. I am in the Edmonton area. I lot of mine were classes with Dark brown or Dark colours

I know I need to improve on my handling but I am curious to see how the different areas of the province did and also the time most of the fur was taken. if you could throw in your 2 cents that would be cool.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:55 PM

Might be an Edmonton area thing, I averaged about the same. I didn't have as many as you but I also graded a lot of dark colours and II section pelts. Last year my fur buyer said my prep was awesome so I thought I had this sale in the bag, but I guess even the best skinner in the world can't turn a dark into and extra pale haha.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:06 PM

Default yote average

Averaged $82 on mine, had 50 in the auction. Hardisty area. Started last week of Nov.

Last edited by trigger7mm; 02-18-2014 at 08:08 PM. Reason: more info.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:19 PM

Ave $85 on my dogs , didn't keep any til mid Nov . Grades were XL I-II, med and BR .I don't start keeping hides til I see the jack rabbits all turned white . just me tho . South of Lethbridge , didn't have any pale on this sale but I think maybe on the next one .
Old 02-18-2014, 08:32 PM

Default yote's

avg 99.60,started Dec 1, med,dk,dkbr,1-2 and 1-4,one 3-4 which payed my highest 126all XL-LARGE.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:40 AM

6 hours north of Edmonton...sent 30 coyotes to auction. Averaged 92 per yote...all XL...2 Selects, 2 "I"s, all the others I-II's and II's. The majority were colour classified as Drk or Dbr. These were December coyotes. The January ones will be in the next auction, will be interesting to see how they compare.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:47 PM

Hey nube i never got back to you on your reply to me wether I should ship to NAFA or FHA, I thank you for your opinion on where to go. I have shipped to FHA for the last 3 years and was satisfied but not to the extreme that NAFAs last feb top six lots did compared to FHA march sale 2 years in a row. I am going to try FHA again just because the sale is going to be held in Helsinki Finland MAYBE might bring more maybe not but I will chance it and be the lab rat (cant spell guinnea pig?) I will let all the guys on here how it does! Will post pics of the season when i figure it out, I have lots to share with everybody here and lord knows I truly love looking at everybody elses pics!!!! When you posted all your lots for the auction I was really excited for you and the other members here that had their coyotes in the auction(keep bidding bid bid bid lol) nice to see some decent prices!!

happy trappin CLINT
Old 02-22-2014, 06:39 AM

The easy part is the opinion for me Rem I am good at that part. Experience maybe no but I see the 2 auctions very different for certain species. In the end I think NAFA has an edge on them for most fur. I think that FHA may be better for Beaver and their muskrat did well last year. Who really knows though as my experience level with this sort of thing is limited
Old 02-22-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem300 View Post
Hey nube i never got back to you on your reply to me wether I should ship to NAFA or FHA, I thank you for your opinion on where to go. I have shipped to FHA for the last 3 years and was satisfied but not to the extreme that NAFAs last feb top six lots did compared to FHA march sale 2 years in a row. I am going to try FHA again just because the sale is going to be held in Helsinki Finland MAYBE might bring more maybe not but I will chance it and be the lab rat (cant spell guinnea pig?) I will let all the guys on here how it does! Will post pics of the season when i figure it out, I have lots to share with everybody here and lord knows I truly love looking at everybody elses pics!!!! When you posted all your lots for the auction I was really excited for you and the other members here that had their coyotes in the auction(keep bidding bid bid bid lol) nice to see some decent prices!!

happy trappin CLINT
I was in the same boat as you rem , but had shipped to both in the past . I liked sending to FHA cause they have a local depot , but after last years fiasco with my good coyotes getting less than my skinners { he shipped NAFA } mine went to FHA and half never sold first sale . Vowed it wouldn't happen again . So this year went NAFA , SOLD ALL AND AVE . BETTER THAN MY SKINNERS ! Won't see any of mine at FHA from now on . Hope you do well .