Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-19-2019, 10:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Prove to me they are real. Right now. I’ll be waiting.
Prove who is real?

Are you talking about aliens? It’s the law of probability. If there is an INFINITE amount of plants it’s impossible for them not to exist.

If you apply the same law of probability to Sasquatch it will prove there are none.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_...al_probability

Last edited by Kurt505; 07-19-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Prove who is real?
The thing you saw in the sky.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
It was lights. I’m sure if you go outside right now, providing there isn’t total cloud cover, even you’ll see lights in the sky.

I don’t deny this guy saw something, I just think it was a bear.

I’ll mention a couple things here.

First off, look at the guys on tv who say they saw Bigfoot, then look at the guys on tv who say they seen a ufo....

Then there are the movies of supposedly real life accounts of alien abduction like those loggers from Maine I beleive it was. Several accounts from commercial and military pilots of seeing lights in the sky while they were flying jets, lights that seem to play with military aircraft then leave them in the dust. Then you have Bubba and Delray who done saw a Sasquatch steal their 1979 trans am, lol.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Kinda cute how people see multiple space ships but have no proof.....
Most non believers that are adamant , (space ship or Bigfoot) feel this way out of fear. It’s like a built in safety mechanism so as they can still participate in the bush. They know that deep down inside if they were proved real, they would never enter the bush alone again. Let alone camp by themselves on a mountain side.

Why wouldn't we enter the bush alone? Has there been people killed by them? If they DID exist and were a threat there would be dead people. There aren't.

Grizzly bears and cougar kill people. We know this for a fact. Yet we still wander into the bush. Lions and tigers and rhinos and polar bears and Mako sharks exist and they kill people all the time. People still go on about their lives. Why would another animal/humanoid change how we look at the wilderness?

I can't believe I'm even posting in this thread. It's like arguing with my granddaughter that Teddy Ruxpin isn't a real bear. There's about as much chance these things exist as Mila Kunis and I hooking up for a week of naughty behaviour.

Last edited by 270person; 07-19-2019 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Why wouldn't we enter the bush alone? Has there been people killed by them? If they DID exist and were a threat there would be dead people. There aren't.

Grizzly bears and cougar kill people. We know this for a fact. Yet we still wander into the bush. Lions and tigers and rhinos and polar bears and Marko sharks exist and they kill people all the time. People still go on about their lives. Why would another animal/humanoid change how we look at the wilderness?

I can't believe I'm even posting in this thread. It's like arguing with my granddaughter that Teddy Ruxpin isn't a real bear. There's about as much chance these things exist as Mila Kunis and I hooking up for a week of naughty behaviour.
Teddy isn’t real??? What the heck?? 😭
Old 07-19-2019, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:

Here’s the Travis Walton interview

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/04/...n_7119910.html
Old 07-19-2019, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:

Grizzly bears and cougar kill people. We know this for a fact. Yet we still wander into the bush. Lions and tigers and rhinos and polar bears and Marko sharks exist and they kill people all the time. People still go on about their lives. Why would another animal/humanoid change how we look at the wilderness?

C'mon, they're too smart to be killing people, that would blow their cover and prove their existence.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
My uncle doesn’t lie.
You can be mistaken without lying.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:44 PM

What are the odds of you hooking up with a Sasquatch for a week.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Like I said. If someone you respected like a parent swore to you he knew what he saw, would you tell them you don’t believe?
Old 07-19-2019, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Like I said. If someone you respected like a parent swore to you he knew what he saw, would you tell them you don’t believe?
I'd likely believe they believe what they saw, but that's a long ways from it being true.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
My uncle is also an honest and straight spoken farmer from Saskatchewan who got rich farming and knows the Chinese have drilled through to Saskatchewan and are sucking the water out of the aquifer. Also I'm sure unrelated believes the huge plant on 16 near the Alberta border is "walking" closer to Battleford.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Teddy isn’t real??? What the heck?? 😭

Sorry man. I best not say anything about Santa.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
What are the odds of you hooking up with a Sasquatch for a week.

I was married to her for 19 years. Never again.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Then you have Bubba and Delray who done saw a Sasquatch steal their 1979 trans am, lol.
Don't be bad mouthing cousin Delray now....he is the best husband our sister could ever hope for.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Hard to dispute facts with wishes.
You win sir...congrats!
Old 07-20-2019, 12:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacty View Post
You win sir...congrats!
I know. To refresh your memory go back and read post #108, you already conceded victory. This most likely explains many “Sasquatch” sightings, people forget exactly what it is they think they saw.

Maybe you can help driller212 out, find me an article or anything that shows some Sasquatch dna evidence because literally every single thing I’ve read so far says it doesn’t exist, other than people saying they seen one. So many sightings with zero proof, like none. I’d really like to see something, anything that is indisputable proof. You’re convinced they’re real, why?
Old 07-20-2019, 12:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
I suspect that's part of it.

stand by for DNA study links. I'm currently at the pub with the fam. (Insert intoxicated sasquatch sighting here )
Standing by. Are you still at the pub, or perhaps you've found so much authentic DNA evidence you're too busy deciding to sort it either numerically or alphabetically?
Old 07-20-2019, 01:01 PM
Banned

Default Roger Patterson video

Have a look st this article about the Patterson video. They were able to stabilize the footage.

Warning, if you want to believe the video is real, don’t click on the link.

https://www.relativelyinteresting.co...ts-stabilized/

And definitely don’t read this:

https://centerforinquiry.org/blog/man_who_sold_bigsuit/

Last edited by Kurt505; 07-20-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-20-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I know. To refresh your memory go back and read post #108, you already conceded victory. This most likely explains many “Sasquatch” sightings, people forget exactly what it is they think they saw.

Maybe you can help driller212 out, find me an article or anything that shows some Sasquatch dna evidence because literally every single thing I’ve read so far says it doesn’t exist, other than people saying they seen one. So many sightings with zero proof, like none. I’d really like to see something, anything that is indisputable proof. You’re convinced they’re real, why?
I'm very aware I "conceded victory" previously. Take care handsome!
Old 07-20-2019, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm very aware I "conceded victory" previously. Take care handsome!
Well don’t go away mad, you were given ample opportunity to come up with something, anything to prove the possible existence of Bigfoot, as was driller212 but neither of you have posted anything. As a matter of fact I got tired of waiting for you guys to bring up proof so I tried to find some myself but everything I found just proved otherwise.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well don’t go away mad, you were given ample opportunity to come up with something, anything to prove the possible existence of Bigfoot, as was driller212 but neither of you have posted anything. As a matter of fact I got tired of waiting for you guys to bring up proof so I tried to find some myself but everything I found just proved otherwise.
It may take awhile. I would imagine it's damn near impossible to produce what doesn't exist.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:36 PM

Quote:
But yet he’s never actually seen a Bigfoot.

The more I research the possibility of Bigfoot’s existence, the less I beleive it. Trying to find dna proof I just find more and more proof it doesn’t exist.
You might recall that I said that already.

Did you get your mind wiped by this alleged "light in the sky"?

Plenty of species thought to be extinct, that were found to be alive decades later. Or never found alive until recently. Because everyone hasn't yet tripped over one yet, you can tell that it doesn't exist...

Might have to go beyond looking through the Edmonton Timmie's drive throughs, and your parents back yard in GP to find something.

We live in one of the more sparsely populated countries in the world, and nobody's covered all that area to "prove" that a very rare creature doesn't exist in small numbers.

I'd be willing to listen to theories that might disprove strange encounters, but they have to be at least, or more plausible...

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 07-21-2019, 02:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post

Plenty of species thought to be extinct, that were found to be alive decades later. Or never found alive until recently. Because everyone hasn't yet tripped over one yet, you can tell that it doesn't exist...
Plenty of species thought to be extinct? So they’ve actually had proof that they existed but thought that they went extinct only to find out they haven’t. Big difference! You should learn about the population density of a species required to perpetuate existence. If they are as rare as you claim, the likelihood of the species being able to continue to procreate is extremely unlikely. If we can’t find them with all our modern technology, how do they find each other to mate? Do they have telekinetic powers?

This is North America not Papua New Guinea, we have a lot more people and technology, what’s a newly discovered species here?

Quote:

Might have to go beyond looking through the Edmonton Timmie's drive throughs, and your parents back yard in GP to find something.

We live in one of the more sparsely populated countries in the world, and nobody's covered all that area to "prove" that a very rare creature doesn't exist in small numbers.
Bigfoot has supposedly been spotted all across America, not just in the Wilmore, as far as I knew the US has a fairly high population! We find skeletal remains of T-Rex but so far none from a Sasquatch? I really wish it existed too, but wishes don’t make facts go away. If there was any proof whatsoever I’d be a believer, but there isn’t any, otherwise you would post it.

Quote:

I'd be willing to listen to theories that might disprove strange encounters, but they have to be at least, or more plausible...
So you beleive that Sasquatch exists because people said they seen one, but the fact that there is no proof of there existence is a “theory” you chose not to beleive is plauseable......... hahaha! You are certainly entitled to overlook facts in order to prove to yourself that they exist, unfortunately I have to listen to facts in order to sway my judgement.

At this point in time I have just as much faith in there being leprechauns, mermaids, and unicorns as I do there being Bigfoot, and the more I’ve researched it lately, the less likely I think they exist.

Maybe I’m out of line here, but don’t you think that if scientists actually believed in the existence of Bigfoot that they would have swarmed Slave Lake with dogs, drones, and infra red cameras to get on the trail while it’s hot?

You obviously think they exist, I’ve flat out asked both cacty and driller212 what makes them believe, but neither one has answered. Maybe you can answer just what it is that makes you a believer? Maybe you know something I don’t? I really would love to hear it.

Last edited by Kurt505; 07-21-2019 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Sorry man. I best not say anything about Santa.
So you mean you've never heard of St. Nickolaus? Aka: Nicholas of Myra, aka: Sinter Klaus?

The childhood Santa you may have heard about might not be "real", but there was actually a Santa.

A little knowledge. Maybe there's something to the old stories...

Pureblood!
Old 07-21-2019, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:

I'm sorry, but that ain't how the science works. There is never an onus on the scientific world to disprove the existence of a species or creature. That assumption takes the big leap that the creature does exist with absolutely zero scientific proof and then shifts the responsibility to disprove. Huge flaws in that thought process.

Using that same thought process I guess we can say Ogopogo, unicorns and leprechauns all must exist because.......wait for it........ no one has definitively proven they don't. See the folly in that approach?

As long as these perverted thought processes are brought up in the argument of existence or not, they will continue to reduce the validity of the "believers" position, not advance it.

You're right about one thing though, the creature is VERY rare and does exist in small numbers. It's just that the number is less than one until it's proven otherwise.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
I did not "go away mad" sir, I work weekends
Old 07-21-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Plenty of species thought to be extinct? So they’ve actually had proof that they existed but thought that they went extinct only to find out they haven’t. Big difference! You should learn about the population density of a species required to perpetuate existence. If they are as rare as you claim, the likelihood of the species being able to continue to procreate is extremely unlikely. If we can’t find them with all our modern technology, how do they find each other to mate? Do they have telekinetic powers?

This is North America not Papua New Guinea, we have a lot more people and technology, what’s a newly discovered species here?
The Saori antelope(?) of Vietnam was only discovered as fossils, or bones in 1992 and the live one was discovered in 2010.

The population density of Snow Leopards using several different methods of estimation is anywhere between about 1.6-5 in 100 square kilometers. That means there could be only one cat in over 15 000 acres. Snow Leopards are almost a silent cat, and might mewl, hiss, or wail, but can not roar like other big cats. It's generally accepted that cat's noses aren't the strongest out there, and cats usually aren't very stinky but by using scent markers the cat's find each other.

The supposed size, and reported smelliness of a Yeti, or Sasquatch, might make the range, and population density even smaller than Snow Leopard's.

There's about 40-50 new mammals discovered every year. Been that way since about the mid 1700s I believe. Some I'd consider more variations, than new, but there are new ones also.

Quote:
Bigfoot has supposedly been spotted all across America, not just in the Wilmore, as far as I knew the US has a fairly high population! We find skeletal remains of T-Rex but so far none from a Sasquatch? I really wish it existed too, but wishes don’t make facts go away. If there was any proof whatsoever I’d be a believer, but there isn’t any, otherwise you would post it.
They discover new dinosaurs all the time, also.

Quote:
So you beleive that Sasquatch exists because people said they seen one, but the fact that there is no proof of there existence is a “theory” you chose not to beleive is plauseable......... hahaha! You are certainly entitled to overlook facts in order to prove to yourself that they exist, unfortunately I have to listen to facts in order to sway my judgement.

At this point in time I have just as much faith in there being leprechauns, mermaids, and unicorns as I do there being Bigfoot, and the more I’ve researched it lately, the less likely I think they exist.

Maybe I’m out of line here, but don’t you think that if scientists actually believed in the existence of Bigfoot that they would have swarmed Slave Lake with dogs, drones, and infra red cameras to get on the trail while it’s hot?

You obviously think they exist, I’ve flat out asked both cacty and driller212 what makes them believe, but neither one has answered. Maybe you can answer just what it is that makes you a believer? Maybe you know something I don’t? I really would love to hear it.
Just pointing out your double standard of "proof".

I don't know if there is, but there is a some compelling evidence.

Pureblood!
Old 07-21-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:

I NEVER once said I "believe". Please do not put words in my mouth again sir. Thank you.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
I NEVER once said I "believe". Please do not put words in my mouth again sir. Thank you.
Im sorry, you seemed offended by the position of non believers when you posted this:

Quote:
If you do not believe in the possibility of this existing...that's cool, you are entitled to your opinion...that's awesome but why does this subject make the "non-believers" flat out ANGRY...that I do not understand.

If I do not necessarily prescribe to another's notion or belief then I just do not care...I move on...but for some reason this causes extreme anger in most of the "non-believers".

If you think it's crazy and a bunch of BS that's totally cool...just move on..do not let it cause this much stress and ugliness in your life.

Regards

But if you read through the thread, it’s the believers who are getting upset over questioning its existence, not the other way around as you stated, which led me to assume you are in fact a believer.

So you don’t beleive in Sasquatch but you take offense to others posting their disbelief? At this point I’m not sure if I offend you by calling you a believer or a non believer