Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-19-2019, 08:48 AM

Old 07-19-2019, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybook View Post
Your just mad because you spend all your time on here trying to increase your post count and become a AO figure head than putting miles on. Spend a few months in the Wilmore just you and a horse tho
Lol, is that what you do? Where’s your proof? A lot of good that did you hey? Or anyone in the wild for that matter.

I grew up in Ft Mac in the 70’s and 80’s with the bush as my playground. Crossing the Clearwater river almost every weekend in the winters with 1899b. We had 40acres of land just outside of town that we broke and turned into open land. I’ve spent pretty much all November in the bush for the past 20yrs guiding for moose and deer, and bow hunt every September and October, I saw a lot of things, never a Sasquatch or any sign of a Sasquatch. I’m not saying just because I’ve never seen one that they don’t exist, I’m saying because no one in the history of man (think about that profound statement for a minute) has ever come up with a shred of proof.

Ever.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:02 AM
Banned

40 acres eh ft mac in the 70s 80s real close to Wilmore. I've also stomped around that area for over a decade what's your point? Apples to oranges
Old 07-19-2019, 09:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybook View Post
40 acres eh ft mac in the 70s 80s real close to Wilmore. I've also stomped around that area for over a decade what's your point? Apples to oranges
Are there more Sasquatch’s in the Wilmore? I didn’t know that. Bahahaha!

So the guy by Slave lake is most likely full of it hey?

I’ll ask you again, where is the proof? Any proof? Anything? A hair? A bone? A bedding area? A picture or video that isn’t fake?

No? You got nothing?

Huh.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:24 AM
Administrator

This thread is going to be closed if you guys are going to continue to take shots at each other over opinions.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:34 AM
Banned

Someone just needs to shoot one and get it over with.

Start a sasquatch caliber thread.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:41 AM

Default Stompin Tom saw one

https://youtu.be/QgfaSLO_T4A
Old 07-19-2019, 09:44 AM

They found bin laden. One man in a 7.5 billion that did his best to not be found a drop in the ocean of humans but they can’t find one hair one poop one shred of DNA one fossil of Bigfoot. If people think they have seen Bigfoot and have actual proof why not collect a hair or some poop and get some of those sweet sweet cash rewards that are available. They could be a millionaire rereading this post and laughing on a yacht named Sasquatch sailing the Caribbean eating caviar and basking in the sun.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:59 AM

If you do not believe in the possibility of this existing...that's cool, you are entitled to your opinion...that's awesome but why does this subject make the "non-believers" flat out ANGRY...that I do not understand.

If I do not necessarily prescribe to another's notion or belief then I just do not care...I move on...but for some reason this causes extreme anger in most of the "non-believers".

If you think it's crazy and a bunch of BS that's totally cool...just move on..do not let it cause this much stress and ugliness in your life.

Regards
Old 07-19-2019, 10:19 AM

Is there any big bones that could be from a Sasquatch in the fossil record?
It would be nice if there was a big enough population that we could have an open season. Might make a nice rug.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacty View Post
If you do not believe in the possibility of this existing...that's cool, you are entitled to your opinion...that's awesome but why does this subject make the "non-believers" flat out ANGRY...that I do not understand.

If I do not necessarily prescribe to another's notion or belief then I just do not care...I move on...but for some reason this causes extreme anger in most of the "non-believers".

If you think it's crazy and a bunch of BS that's totally cool...just move on..do not let it cause this much stress and ugliness in your life.

Regards

Lol, it’s not the non believers that are getting upset, unless of course you feel asking for proof is a form of anger. It would seem asking for proof is the cause of most of the anger on this thread.

I’m not upset in the least, I’m the opposit as a matter of fact. I find these Sasquatch threads extremely entertaining. I always read about new sightings, watch documentaries about them, hoping to see some proof, and so far to date there has been none. I’m afraid there is a reason for that but I still hold the glimmer of hope that one day someone will prove otherwise. Until then I have to beleive it’s a mythical creature.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:38 AM

Don’t forget the “50/500” rule.

It is generally accepted science that a minimum of 50 specimens is necessary to avoid inbreeding, and a minimum of 500 is necessary to avoid genetic drift.

Unless these critters are really racking up the air miles, there would have to be these minimum populations in numerous areas.

Who knows? Maybe they can turn invisible on demand, never poop, never shed hair, never die, and only become visible long enough to scare the bejeezus out if some rube for the giggles!

On the other hand, maybe they’re imaginary.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldan Grumpi View Post
Don’t forget the “50/500” rule.

It is generally accepted science that a minimum of 50 specimens is necessary to avoid inbreeding, and a minimum of 500 is necessary to avoid genetic drift.

Unless these critters are really racking up the air miles, there would have to be these minimum populations in numerous areas.

Who knows? Maybe they can turn invisible on demand, never poop, never shed hair, never die, and only become visible long enough to scare the bejeezus out if some rube for the giggles!
That’s what I’ve been saying!

They’re aliens man.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:11 AM
Banned

I am from "the area" and have a trapline in the vicinity. The "post", is just what it is. What I would like to know - I would like to meet and talk to this person and decide for myself, how real "HE" is. Can anyone, point me in his direction. Maybe there is this info in prev. posts but I didn't see it..
Old 07-19-2019, 11:14 AM

I sit on the fence leaning/hoping they could be real. I have never found a bear skeleton out hunting, yet lots of ungulates over the years. I too wonder why in today's age of cell cameras, we still see blurry and shaky vids and pics.

There is a ton of backwoods rarely seen by humans in the mountains, maybe they can survive there, maybe they hibernate.

I don't believe the Todd Standings of the world but there are some well known woodsman who say they have had encounters. Teddy Roosevelt was the first real account I read as a kid and got me hooked on the myth. Those guys I believe are credible. Then there is the Patterson film. May be a hoax, if it is, a darn good one that has lasted a long time.

For me, it is a cool Urban myth to follow.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTailAB View Post
Someone just needs to shoot one and get it over with.

Start a sasquatch caliber thread.
lolololol amazing.
Of one who has done well
Old 07-19-2019, 11:30 AM

Believe or don’t believe - that is a question! Well, it like believing in God- we all know that the God is up there but nobody seen him as of yet. But billions of people believe in it without asking to see his hair or poop.
As for the sask, there are few possibilities and explanations here. First, sask might be from the alternative universe/dimension. Maybe he comes and goes as he pleases. Second, maybe his hair DNA is identical to the bear and been a secluded creature who cares about the environment he picks up after himself...
Old 07-19-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Lol, it’s not the non believers that are getting upset, unless of course you feel asking for proof is a form of anger. It would seem asking for proof is the cause of most of the anger on this thread.

I’m not upset in the least, I’m the opposit as a matter of fact. I find these Sasquatch threads extremely entertaining. I always read about new sightings, watch documentaries about them, hoping to see some proof, and so far to date there has been none. I’m afraid there is a reason for that but I still hold the glimmer of hope that one day someone will prove otherwise. Until then I have to beleive it’s a mythical creature.
You win sir...congrats!
Old 07-19-2019, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacty View Post
You win sir...congrats!
Hard to dispute facts with wishes.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hard to dispute facts with wishes.
Hey c'mon, isn't "my say so" enough fact and proof for you? It appears to be enough for some.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Hey c'mon, isn't "my say so" enough fact and proof for you? It appears to be enough for some.
I suppose if you couple that with some phony video that hasn’t been proven fake except for by the guy who made the suit, I could be swayed.

Ever wonder why such an elusive animal, one that does not want to ever be seen by humans, just casually walks away whenever it’s on video? It’s because it’s almost impossible to run in one of those suits!
Old 07-19-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I sit on the fence leaning/hoping they could be real. I have never found a bear skeleton out hunting, yet lots of ungulates over the years. I too wonder why in today's age of cell cameras, we still see blurry and shaky vids and pics.

There is a ton of backwoods rarely seen by humans in the mountains, maybe they can survive there, maybe they hibernate.

I don't believe the Todd Standings of the world but there are some well known woodsman who say they have had encounters. Teddy Roosevelt was the first real account I read as a kid and got me hooked on the myth. Those guys I believe are credible. Then there is the Patterson film. May be a hoax, if it is, a darn good one that has lasted a long time.

For me, it is a cool Urban myth to follow.
Teddy Roosevelt! Right there, lends a lot of credibility to the legend. Les Stroud, and other guys seem to believe that there is something. Not pretend bushcrafters, and outdoorsmen like myself and others on this site.

I don't know if there still is anything out there, but I'm sure there once was.

I've experienced a couple weird things myself, and heard some good stories that make you wonder.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 07-19-2019, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post

What exactly makes you "sure"? And what constitutes "sure", verifiable evidence and proof beyond a reasonable doubt, or something less?
Old 07-19-2019, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Teddy Roosevelt! Right there, lends a lot of credibility to the legend. Les Stroud, and other guys seem to believe that there is something. Not pretend bushcrafters, and outdoorsmen like myself and others on this site.

I've experienced a couple weird things myself, and heard some good stories that make you wonder.
Again, comparing facts to wishes still doesn’t make it true. And Teddy Roosevelt was a drunk. As far as Les Straub goes as an outdoorsman, did you happen to see the episode where he was hunting? Being able to light a fire with sticks and knowing the habits of moose are two totally different aspects of outdoor light.

Last edited by Kurt505; 07-19-2019 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:53 PM

Default Sasquatch sighted near Slave Lake.

I wonder if the forestry industry knows stuff that they would never share with the general public? The bunny huggers would would go nuts trying to shut down vast areas of timber in the name of Sasquatch sanctuaries.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
What exactly makes you "sure"? And what constitutes "sure", verifiable evidence and proof beyond a reasonable doubt, or something less?
Big primate bones found across several continents for one. Legends by many different people and culture, that describe something very similar.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Usually.

Or maybe someone's just running a hot bath, or spinning tires.

Pureblood!
Old 07-19-2019, 04:47 PM

https://youtu.be/eSYdQ0xwBSk

I watch these. Don’t know what to think. The guy is a hard core killer.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Again, comparing facts to wishes still doesn’t make it true. And Teddy Roosevelt was a drunk. As far as Les Straub goes as an outdoorsman, did you happen to see the episode where he was hunting? Being able to light a fire with sticks and knowing the habits of moose are two totally different aspects of outdoor light.
Teddy Roosevelt, despite being a human with human short comings was a pretty accomplished adventurer, and saw a great many things that we probably won't. I might add, that he was pretty successful at life in general, and probably a great deal sharper, drunk or not than most.

If you saw a buxom girl running through the bush, would you tell people, even if it meant possible ridicule, and tarnishing your reputation?

What if you got back, and everyone just said: "Kurt's high as a kite. It was a bear."? Are you in the habit of mistaking good looking women for wildlife, or vice versa?

Some people get a little more credit from me, than I would afford most.

I don't know if Les Stroud is a great hunter, but he is no dummy and an accomplished outdoorsmen, along with having a good deal of talents. So far, I don't see anyone of his caliber, and experience credibly...err...discrediting him. Anyway, his experience is more about searching for it, based on encounters from people that he trusted.

Supposedly Daniel Boone killed something like that once. Called it a "Yahoo".

Pureblood!
Old 07-19-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:

If you saw a buxom girl running through the bush, would you tell people, even if it meant possible ridicule, and tarnishing your reputation?

Supposedly Daniel Boone killed something like that once. Called it a "Yahoo".

What if I saw a buxom bear running in the bush? Or a girl with a big bush running bear naked?

AND...i had no idea Daniel Boone hunted as far North as Calgary.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
https://youtu.be/eSYdQ0xwBSk

I watch these. Don’t know what to think. The guy is a hard core killer.
He is one of the few I add to my list of guys to believe when they say they seen something. Don't find him to be a story teller just for the sake of views.