Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-31-2022, 03:49 PM

Default My protest buy

I am so angry at the sock puppet that I went out at lunch today and bought another handgun.

It was very busy at my LGS. While waiting in line, I polled everyone close enough to ask why they were there. About a dozen were there for the same reason as me. To buy a handgun (and some people bought more then one). Every one of them!

Take that moron politicians.

I don't often let politicians get to me. As most of you know, I steer clear of political commenting. But this idiotic decision is just meant to garner votes by junior in order to get elected. That really made my blood boil. And then to watch that clown-show photo-op with all of those cronies and their applauding and smugness, just sealed the deal.

Now I just need to either sneak it into the house, or explain to my wife why I bought yet another hand gun. Although to her credit (and she's not a firearms licensee), she totally agrees that this was just a political stunt by that junior high school drama teacher that will have absolutely no affect on gun crime.

Rant over!

Last edited by 6MT; 05-31-2022 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:19 PM

Good on you.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
I am so angry at the sock puppet that I went out at lunch today and bought another handgun.

It was very busy at my LGS. While waiting in line, I polled everyone close enough to ask why they were there. About a dozen were there for the same reason as me. To buy a handgun (and some people bought more then one). Every one of them!

Take that moron politicians.

I don't often let politicians get to me. As most of you know, I steer clear of political commenting. But this idiotic decision is just meant to garner votes by junior in order to get elected. That really made my blood boil. And then to watch that clown-show photo-op with all of those cronies and their applauding and smugness, just sealed the deal.

Now I just need to either sneak it into the house, or explain to my wife why I bought yet another hand gun. Although to her credit (and she's not a firearms licensee), she totally agrees that this was just a political stunt by that junior high school drama teacher that will have absolutely no affect on gun crime.

Rant over!
Good on you , great post. EXACTLY how i feel . Sat on the friggin CFO line trying to do a transfer for close to three hours. I knew they would be busy but i smell a rat. Will try again tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
Good on you , great post. EXACTLY how i feel . Sat on the friggin CFO line trying to do a transfer for close to three hours. I knew they would be busy but i smell a rat. Will try again tomorrow.
I've been trying for 7 hours so far to transfer 3 guns to a couple friends. I don't need to buy anything. I will post my full stats on call to CFC after I am able to complete it.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-31-2022, 04:49 PM

I just told tge wife about this thread. She said if I'm that P'OD
at the sock puppet I should go out and buy another hand gun- the problem is she wants to me to buy a bloody GLOCK, because that is what that Renndington character uses on the Blacklist TV program!
I'm torn.....
Cat
Old 05-31-2022, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
at the sock puppet I should go out and buy another hand gun- the problem is she wants to me to buy a bloody GLOCK, because that is what that Renndington character uses on the Blacklist TV program!
I'm torn.....
Cat
I've never encouraged anyone to ever buy a Glock, but this time.....

I suspect by noon tomorrow there may not be a handgun left in any store in Canada to buy.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-31-2022, 05:01 PM

Default Sig

Been planning to get a handgun next year. Guess I need one now. Any store in Calgary to get a compact SIG not even sure on what model
Old 05-31-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post

I suspect by noon tomorrow there may not be a handgun left in any store in Canada to buy.
Ran to town...never seen the likes of it. Was pretty crazy.
Flying off the shelves faster than $1.99 brisket at costco.

And you're right, won't be much left by tomorrow
Old 05-31-2022, 05:17 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
I've never encouraged anyone to ever buy a Glock, but this time.....

We have gotten to the point you better know a guy who is willing to part with their own inventory... It's good to have friends!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 05-31-2022, 05:41 PM

Would be nice if the dealers could get stocked up before the law comes into effect.
Old 05-31-2022, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsman View Post
Would be nice if the dealers could get stocked up before the law comes into effect.
The ones who were stocked up with sporting rifles before the OIC ban got stuck holding millions of dollars in inventory they can't sell.

I bet they are glad that they can at least still sell handguns, for now.

Old 05-31-2022, 06:01 PM

Buy em all boys. Don’t matter what they are just buy em. Societies can change quickly.
Old 05-31-2022, 06:51 PM

I protested twice today, a 9 mil and a 22
Old 05-31-2022, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Buy em all boys. Don’t matter what they are just buy em. Societies can change quickly.
Follow this mans advice!
Old 05-31-2022, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I'm torn.....
Cat
Hey if it preheats the oven, that’s a win, win Cat!!
Old 05-31-2022, 10:20 PM

I stopped in PR today, my LGS, and it was crazy, I must have seen 15+ handguns purchased just in the 30 mins I was there. One guy bought 6! I know one guy that works there and he said they sold nearly 300 handguns today. Awesome numbers. I couldn't believe the frenzy there. I knw PR typically has 1000 or so in stock. Not sure how many they have left. I picked up a nice uberti (Taylors) open top 1851 38 special I've been wanting.
Old 05-31-2022, 11:48 PM

I thought that it was effective immediately that you couldn’t buy a handgun, how long do we have to do so?
Old 06-01-2022, 04:28 AM

CSC was a crazy busy place yesterday, TSE posted a pic of a near empty display. Cabelas seemed busy, but nowhere near the level of CSC. Basspro, almost nobody there in the AM anyway. I had to go p/u my RWS bullets @ CSC, never seen it like that before, I got lucky and didn't have to wait in that lineup, they had another till going, 3 computers going for people to take out memberships and I think they were using two to do transfers and sales. Probably 25-30 people in lineup. See they posted where they put up a sign at the door---6hr wait at the tills.
Old 06-01-2022, 06:48 AM

Yeah ..... used walther ppq match for me today. Waiting on buddy to start the transfer.
Old 06-01-2022, 07:39 AM

Global News 8:15 PM May 30th....

"Government officials later said they don't anticipate a major surge in handgun purchases in anticipation of the freeze becoming law"
Old 06-01-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slough shark View Post
I thought that it was effective immediately that you couldn’t buy a handgun, how long do we have to do so?
Supposedly till the tabled bill passes in the fall. But , do not trust the lizards for one minute. this could change over night. You want a handgun get on it now.
Old 06-01-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Global News 8:15 PM May 30th....

"Government officials later said they don't anticipate a major surge in handgun purchases in anticipation of the freeze becoming law"
What in the world did they expect? Idiots.

-Billy Molls
Old 06-01-2022, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Supposedly till the tabled bill passes in the fall. But , do not trust the lizards for one minute. this could change over night. You want a handgun get on it now.
Exactly. They can freeze sales and transfers immediately by OIC. Buy now or forever hold your piece.

Old 06-01-2022, 09:17 AM

I got one of these...

Old 06-01-2022, 09:35 AM

That will work 6MT. CZ makes a nice gun.

I's almost starting to regret selling all ten of the Walther Creeds I bought. Oh well. It's not like I'm gonna run short of handguns. Ammo....well, that may be another story.

Old 06-01-2022, 11:17 AM

I joined the club just now with a .357 wheel gun.
I have no idea why I would want one. I guess I will find out…
Old 06-01-2022, 12:20 PM

I'm in for 3 just because.

Wolverine is not processing orders right now.... Overwhelmed.
Old 06-01-2022, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretohunt View Post
I joined the club just now with a .357 wheel gun.
I have no idea why I would want one. I guess I will find out…
Because everybody should own a .357 revolver. Or 18.

My favorite pistol cartridge. Good choice.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Because everybody should own a .357 revolver. Or 18.

My favorite pistol cartridge. Good choice.
That’s good to hear. I think I bought it from your favourite gun store too.
Old 06-01-2022, 05:24 PM

Not sure was a protest we much as the push I needed to get it done. I said screw the budget immediately following the announcement; ordered a MKIV Lite, a cattleman in 357 to go with my levers and that notorious POS Glock.*

**But in my defense my 9mm Carbine takes Glock mags so I wanted a pistol to match. My Shadow is still my go to.