Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-15-2022, 04:40 PM

Default Cabelas no longer has gunpowder section on website?

Alrighty, someone please show me what I’m doing wrong. Am I senile? Am I incompetent? It’s not that I’m seeing no gunpowder in stock online for Cabelas.... I’m not even seeing the category!
Black powder is all I saw

Let the speculation begin haha
Old 06-15-2022, 04:48 PM

No, you are correct, I looked today and no more online gun powders
Old 06-15-2022, 07:46 PM

According to a Cabelas employee I spoke to yesterday, they have no powder available in their system at this time. They have no idea when their next shipment will arrive.
If I had to guess, I would say they have removed the items they do not have available.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-16-2022, 05:01 AM

Default Specific

I entered IMR and Hodgdon powder and they both listed,maybe try to list specific items and or brand names,good luck on your search

Last edited by birdseye; 06-16-2022 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-17-2022, 04:51 AM

I tried that too. And yes you can see a listing for an out of stock item. But look at the top of the page when you do that and you’ll see no “breadcrumb” of the categories to get there. Try following the menu and there is no gunpowder option at all. Now I’m no website expert, but that requires removal of something rather than just listing items as out of stock.
I can’t help but wonder if they don’t intend to bring more in. Maybe the future of components in Canada will continue to remain as it currently is. Cabelas makes a fortune on credit cards and a bunch of items outside of firearms related products. Mom and Pop Local gun stores do not. So they’ll need to continue to field the time consuming calls and emails requesting powder in stock whereas Cabelas could just cut it and not suffer any losses.
Trying to not jump to conclusions but it does strike me as odd they remove the category.
Old 06-18-2022, 04:10 PM

It’s just because it’s out of stock. A friend told me they have some Varget and H4350 due any day now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2022, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
I tried that too. And yes you can see a listing for an out of stock item. But look at the top of the page when you do that and you’ll see no “breadcrumb” of the categories to get there. Try following the menu and there is no gunpowder option at all. Now I’m no website expert, but that requires removal of something rather than just listing items as out of stock.
I can’t help but wonder if they don’t intend to bring more in. Maybe the future of components in Canada will continue to remain as it currently is. Cabelas makes a fortune on credit cards and a bunch of items outside of firearms related products. Mom and Pop Local gun stores do not. So they’ll need to continue to field the time consuming calls and emails requesting powder in stock whereas Cabelas could just cut it and not suffer any losses.
Trying to not jump to conclusions but it does strike me as odd they remove the category.
Don’t jump to conclusions. It is simply that there is no stock - period. Can’t recall what it was but I called once a few years ago asking about something, similar situation. Was told that the computer was set to delist a product if there were none available in any store. If one store had one bottle, can, package, whatever of the products in question it would show up
Old 06-20-2022, 07:53 AM

If you live in Abbotsford they have some IMR 3031

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/2335/imr-powders
Old 06-23-2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeHunter View Post
Don’t jump to conclusions. It is simply that there is no stock - period. Can’t recall what it was but I called once a few years ago asking about something, similar situation. Was told that the computer was set to delist a product if there were none available in any store. If one store had one bottle, can, package, whatever of the products in question it would show up
Good to know. Thanks
Old 06-23-2022, 08:34 PM
Banned

Good to know thanks.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:57 PM

Was there an hour ago

No powder of any type. No idea when they will see more
Old 06-23-2022, 09:48 PM
Banned

They do have a lot more bullets available online
Old 06-23-2022, 11:11 PM

When they sold out of all the handguns in the semi-automatic category, that category was gone from their menu as well, along with the “centerfire handguns” altogether. It is back now with a few in stock. At the time, I assumed the same, that they aren’t going to stock them anymore, alas…
Old 06-24-2022, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Was there an hour ago

No powder of any type. No idea when they will see more
Watch Hummason and Higginsons web sites. I have 17 lbs. of powder on the way from Higginson and purchased about 30 lbs (shared order) about two months ago.

Higginson is no longer using CanPar for shipping so the old deal of ordering 24 lbs. or more and get shipping paid for (just paying the $35 hazmat fee) is gone. Still, works out to close to the same price with shipping in as if you went to Cabelas ... but they have/had stock
Old 06-27-2022, 06:47 PM

Looks like they have Varget availible now online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk