Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Yup and people have a breaking point when they feel they are being wronged.
Everyone is "wronged" or "triggered" these days. Road rage, air rage, people yelling at random strangers in stores, getting upset at the way somebody parks, mask/no mask etc. etc.

Obviously we have been living in pretty prosperous times when people are constantly freaking out over the most mundane things. Social media platforms definitely amplify things, and greatly increase the presence of victim mentality. Throw in cell phone cameras and soapboxes pop up everywhere. Master manipulators abound.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:03 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
Everyone is "wronged" or "triggered" these days. Road rage, air rage, people yelling at random strangers in stores, getting upset at the way somebody parks, mask/no mask etc. etc.

Obviously we have been living in pretty prosperous times when people are constantly freaking out over the most mundane things. Social media platforms definitely amplify things, and greatly increase the presence of victim mentality. Throw in cell phone cameras and soapboxes pop up everywhere. Master manipulators abound.
agree its like there is no immediate consequences and when there are its like the world has come to an end ohhhh whoooa is me....sad...truly sad but this fella will get his say in court.

true story we were young soldiers out on leave in B.C. got all drunked up and ended down by a marina so we decided to go for a swim by the boat launch...RCMP officer shows up...female...starts barking orders and we are getting dressed etc but the one wanker wanted her to come in the water and arrest him...well lets just say that she was yelling at him and one of our buddies went in and nicely removed him ever so easily tenderizing him a bit...she told us to walk back to the hotel and enough is enough...yes ma'am......so instead of having the phones out one of his buddies should have skated out and grabbed him by the scruff...smarten him up a bit...that's what buddies do....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-19-2020, 11:04 AM

Is there sound to this video or is it just my computer? If there is no sound, why not? To me it looks like someone trying to show the guy as a victim whereas if there was sound he'd probably 100% look like the arshole he probably is.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:14 AM

I feel much safer now.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarms11 View Post
Is there sound to this video or is it just my computer? If there is no sound, why not? To me it looks like someone trying to show the guy as a victim whereas if there was sound he'd probably 100% look like the arshole he probably is.
Your computer
Old 12-19-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweld View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watching the video, the officer was not "knocked down" more like she lost her balance/footing and fell down. But it sounds more favorable to the police point of view to say that she was knocked down. As to the guy skating away from the officers, that must have happened before the video started, as he had a huge pond to skate away on if he wanted to, but he didn't do so on the video.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:23 AM

The cops have obviously not played hockey. A quick slough foot would have a skater on the ground in no time.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:37 AM

So this guy was disobeying a lawful order then refused to give his name and was arrested for it. Why is this even a story.

If a person has a problem with a law they should bring it up with an MP and see where to start from there. Cops don't make the laws and they might think some of these laws are stupid too but it's their JOB to enforce the laws not to make them.

People saying that they are not being equally enforced...I see people speeding all the time. I'm constantly being passed on the highway but when I get caught speeding, I don't think I'm being targeted...I'm just the one who got pulled over.

If you don't want to have issues with the cops, don't break the law, it's pretty simple really. Not saying I agree with all these laws but if I get caught breaking one, I have noone to blame but me...
Old 12-19-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Your computer
yup figured it out. Looks to me simple case of resisting arrest/ not following instructions from police. He got exactly what he deserved.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:50 AM

I see, in Olds, people are starting to rat on each other, so much for a small town mentality. Gonna be payback time for some people, they have to live with each other.

Grizz
Old 12-19-2020, 11:59 AM

Doses anyone really believe that authoritarian stuff like this is ever going to stop or subside? Has anyone ever heard of what the end game is, what has to happen in order to stop these types of restrictions, business shutdowns, family visits? Is it 1000, 100, or zero Covid cases? When will they decide to stop testing and reporting cases? I for one cannot see an end to it all and once power is achieved to this level and beyond by government and bureaucrats are they actually going to relinquish this power?

I for one worry they will not.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:09 PM

From seeing the raw vid, the skater was being a knothead, but, was essentially OK til the cops decided to escalate things and go out and grab him. He did help create the situation he found himself in. It could have been handled a lot smarter on their part. Once they grabbed him , the skater went completely to the wrong. Whole issue was avoidable on the part of the cops though, no big need to make a show of authority out of it on their part. They reacted to what was in front of their nose and lost their cool vs thinking thru alternatives like making sure the rest of the crowd dispersed and then the knothead would have no audience and no reason to stay. But, that is also most likely due a lack of training and supervision, maybe even selection in hiring practices.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
I see, in Olds, people are starting to rat on each other, so much for a small town mentality. Gonna be payback time for some people, they have to live with each other.

Grizz
My neighbor put up a sign on his tree, facing the road.

'I will not turn in my neighbors for gathering with loved ones. Merry Christmas!'

Some here might report him for encouraging criminal behaviour. I think I'm going to drop off a Tim's gift card.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-19-2020, 12:16 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
From seeing the raw vid, the skater was being a knothead, but, was essentially OK til the cops decided to escalate things and go out and grab him. He did help create the situation he found himself in. It could have been handled a lot smarter on their part. Once they grabbed him , the skater went completely to the wrong. Whole issue was avoidable on the part of the cops though, no big need to make a show of authority out of it on their part. They reacted to what was in front of their nose and lost their cool vs thinking thru alternatives like making sure the rest of the crowd dispersed and then the knothead would have no audience and no reason to stay. But, that is also most likely due a lack of training and supervision, maybe even selection in hiring practices.
disagree 200% but we are entitled to our privilidged point of views....man when I was over in Germany and the cops showed up you really learnt a few quick lessens...best just disperse and stop being a wanker....its gonna hurt and cost ya in the end

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-19-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
My neighbor put up a sign on his tree, facing the road.

'I will not turn in my neighbors for gathering with loved ones. Merry Christmas!'

Some here might report him for encouraging criminal behaviour. I think I'm going to drop off a Tim's gift card.
I am going to fix my fathers “furnace“ for Xmas. I think it needs inspection and new filter.....
Old 12-19-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:

Grizz
Lot's of rats coming out of the woodwork. Pathetic really but not surprising. Times have sure changed.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:20 PM

Default skating my ???

you guys are unbelievable... you were not there ...I WAS ... not wearing a mask... not distancing, belligerent to the police. all they were going to do was issue him a ticket... now he faces more charges. the amount of stupidity is un believable...covid is no joke but a lot of people think this is about them...1-800 wah. i'll probably get banned for this post.but when a dumb a$% won't follow the rules an endangers my life...all because he thinks it's about him and his rights and not an actual medical reason. line drawn. flame on don't care.
zeek
Old 12-19-2020, 12:22 PM

Apparently someone wanted the video to disappear, so it's gone. Any guesses as to who wanted it removed?
Old 12-19-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
you guys are unbelievable... you were not there ...I WAS ... not wearing a mask... not distancing, belligerent to the police. all they were going to do was issue him a ticket... now he faces more charges. the amount of stupidity is un believable...covid is no joke but a lot of people think this is about them...1-800 wah. i'll probably get banned for this post.but when a dumb a$% won't follow the rules an endangers my life...all because he thinks it's about him and his rights and not an actual medical reason. line drawn. flame on don't care.
zeek
If you actually thought your life was gonna be in danger why did you go to the rink in the first place ? Are you an officer ?
Old 12-19-2020, 12:37 PM

I was gonna guess the hockey player.

I have no idea how this process works.

Old 12-19-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Apparently someone wanted the video to disappear, so it's gone. Any guesses as to who wanted it removed?
It and another from a different angle still being posted by others ......
Cat
Old 12-19-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplefarmer View Post
We are certainly experiencing history with the double standards and plain lack of common sense.. Protest good, kids playing puck on a city rink bad.

Jim
You can get on a airplane with dozens of people. Many of which may be on a connecting flight after flying in from COVID international. Not being tested or anything, but you can’t go skating on an outdoor rink.
This is absolutely insane and getting more out of hand everyday. It’s not about public safety it’s more about control.
The Calgary police should be so embarrassed by their actions. Not just the female arresting officers but the other male officers standing guard to protect them from all the other vagrant kid hockey players! Gross.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:46 PM

Pretty easy to see the situation was getting out of hand. Clearly the female officer had lost her cool. Maybe she a was having a bad day or maybe she is a nut job I don’t know. What I’m really confused about is why the other officer is just standing there ? If my co-worker was losing their cool I would step in and try to remove them from the situation.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:49 PM

So you can't do any indoor activities. And if you decide that you'll take the risk and go outside you get this sort of thing. Illegal or not the reaction seems over blown. The cops really aren't doing them selves any help whatsoever
Old 12-19-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilt134 View Post
So you can't do any indoor activities. And if you decide that you'll take the risk and go outside you get this sort of thing. Illegal or not the reaction seems over blown. The cops really aren't doing them selves any help whatsoever
Have to put on snow camo to head out ice fishing with others around
Old 12-19-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Was they man a violent threat to the public?

Did he get physical with the officer?

It is clear as day who physically escalated the situation. This was an offense that only called for a ticket at the most. Write they ticket and let the guy pay it or waste time fighting it

I have no problem supporting an officer when they are in the right but not going to support one when they are wrong.
He refused to ID himself and was caught in an infraction. It’s completely appropriate to arrest that individual until they can be identified. Otherwise I’m sure a ticket would have been written.
Somebody requested the police. They responded. They can’t just walk away from infractions without doing due diligence. Whether they personally agree with it or not.
Old 12-19-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweld View Post
Not a law. But it is a law when law enforcement asks who you are and you don’t tell them. Obstruction of justice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, no right to remain silent?
Old 12-19-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
Yeah lets avoid the real crimes and direct all our resources to a bunch of people skating and enjoying the outdoors. Such a terrible crime all because someone could not mind there own business and let people enjoy themselves.
No doubt maybe the guy should have crammed into Walmart with a bunch of other shoppers instead
Old 12-19-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:

Grizz
What a terrible thing to normalize
Old 12-19-2020, 01:18 PM

There is a faction on here that own nice Brown Shirts and think it is their duty to the Party to turn in violators. There are others that wouldn't go that far but also believe it is perfectly acceptable for the Police to be able to ticket you, arrest you and assault you for skating on an outdoor pond, having people in your own home and a raft of other things, while thousands can go to the mall. Others on here think these things are such a violation of both their God given rights and the rights guaranteed them in a free society that these measures just cannot be countenanced.

No matter how many people argue their points back and forth no one from the Brown Shirt side, or even those that wouldn’t Rat out a neighbour but believe the government must protect them will be convinced otherwise and none of the Libertarians will be swayed. Reminds me of a school yard argument, are too, am not, are too, am not!
Closed Thread