Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I agree but I don’t think that they had any plan whatsoever and they were just winging it. They could have thrown a jacket over his head and stood on his chest until it expired......no air, passout and die. There’d likely still be strong opinions about doing that as well though. I don’t think that those kids are psycho though, they just went about things the wrong way.
Their giggling and laughing makes me doubt your explanation.

Thomas Sowell
Old 11-22-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Their giggling and laughing makes me doubt your explanation.
As an add on, I once found myself in a situation where I wounded a coyote, it was screaming, I was trying to get another round into my jammed rifle. All I could think was put this poor creature out of it's misery, no laughing matter.

Thomas Sowell
Old 11-22-2018, 08:46 AM

Based on that logic it would be OK for people to randomly run over deer or beat them to death for causing significant damage on carefully maintained properties like eating expensive flowers or young trees people planted.
I'd rather see hunters and trappers deal with those issues following laws and rules than people behaving like cave men for no reason.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I watched the video again and I think you may be right. No intent other then to harvest an animal and no plan at all. That's what it looks like to me.

They may wind up facing criminal charges and I wouldn't disagree with anyone who says they deserve it.
But I won't judge them. That is not my place.

Then why would they take the trouble to post it online Keg-imv it speaks to "look at me, look/see how great I am"?

Creeky....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 11-22-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersteve View Post
If they were killing the coyote on your property or it was your pet coyote then it would be your business. On the internet you can choose not to watch the video, simple as that. You don't have to be a social justice warrior.

The idea that humans are better than animals is delusional. Humans are animals and for us to survive we are constantly killing other animals. Only we are dumb enough that we don't realize it in most cases. Humans can't do photosynthesis so all our food comes from other living creatures that we killed. Our houses are built out of the corpses of trees. Our clothes are made out of dead creatures. And so on. We kill other animals by taking over their territory and via the pollution we generate.... And a few of us do it for sport.
Doing it for food, for some income, even for sport is different. For instance, it’s called Hunting and Shooting - not Torturing. The professional hunter enjoys the challenge of a clean kill and maybe the food, the trophy, etc. I doubt any professional hunter enjoys the memory of the animal’s fear or suffering.

These kids crossed a few lines without coming to their senses. Moreover it seems they may have done it on public property and then posted it, so they ensured that they made it everyone’s business - just as we do by posting any of our thoughts to the Internet. Billions of people will ignore all our postings here but a few will engage in discussion just as a few will watch the video and read the news articles.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeky View Post
Then why would they take the trouble to post it online Keg-imv it speaks to "look at me, look/see how great I am"?

Creeky....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yup. They not only engaged in the behaviour but also assuredly watched their own video either before posting it or after posting it. Or come to think of it - maybe not. They clearly lacked a presence of mind. Maybe all just immaturity but that’s life. They get to face the consequences now. The hunters became the hunted.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I agree with you.It's irrelevant how a coyote dies. Once it's dead it doesn't know, remember, or ca re if it was shot or skinned alive. Life goes on and all is forgotten.

Modern humans have become so stupid, weak, and cowardly that most of them see the coyote and think "what if that was me dying slowly and painfully?" They see the young guys and think "what if they kill me, my wife, or my children next?" Their answer of course, all they've known and been taught, is to sell their soul to the government for "safety" by trying to make everyone else as weak as they are. But in the long run this will be disastrous for them.

Back in reality, the only real safety is through strength, not weakness, and the reality of danger, cruelty and death are things that ought to be accepted, not feared or hidden from.

Completely wrong!

Context in death is important, we are a civilized society and we know better, we need to teach better and conduct ourselves and our powers forward and better.

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 11-22-2018, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolyoldbugger View Post
Expressing what good ethics and moral responsibility look like does not make me holier than thou it makes you unable to face the truth!
Facepalm. Claiming that your ethics and morals are better than others is exactly what "holier than thou" means.

Just remember that what goes around comes around. You want to throw people in jail for smiling instead of frowning while killing a coyote, meanwhile vegans and all sorts of people want to throw you in jail for killing a mammal period. Maybe all of the holier than thou people could lock each other up and leave the rest of us in peace!
Old 11-22-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Facepalm. Claiming that your ethics and morals are better than others is exactly what "holier than thou" means.

Just remember that what goes around comes around. You want to throw people in jail for smiling instead of frowning while killing a coyote, meanwhile vegans and all sorts of people want to throw you in jail for killing a mammal period. Maybe all of the holier than thou people could lock each other up and leave the rest of us in peace!
My urge to not feed the troll was overwhelmed.

Vegans do not advocate for that. They want to people to stop killing animals - the animals probably would agree with that goal. I think you said yourself that people are animals too. Should we all just be able to kill each other like the animals do?

If someone were to kill you should we leave them alone? They made a personal choice to do so. That makes it OK right? They made a choice and the rest of us have to accept it?

Get your head out of your rear.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
vegans and all sorts of people want to throw you in jail for killing a mammal period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan.M.Anderson View Post
Vegans do not advocate for that. They want to people to stop killing animals

My urge to feed your troll was overwhelmed.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:22 AM

I am fine with shooting a coyote but i all ways strive for a quick, clean, humane kill. these guys need to be punished, harshly. so inhumane
Old 11-22-2018, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:

PM me. I have the numbers of a couple of good therapists.
You need them.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:

My urge to feed your troll was overwhelmed.
Wanting people to stop killing animals is not same as throwing people in jail for killing animals...

It is OK. Reading is hard.

Keep trying, maybe one day you can learn to read and also learn about compassion, morals, and ethics.

Your lack of response to the rest of my post is telling.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:30 AM

The problems is that many parents don't teach proper respect and ethics to there child.Hell I never had no father,but if my mother or older bros ever found out I acted like this,they would hoof my ass till I wore it for a hat.

You don't be cruel to any living thing,if your going to kill an animal do it fast and not torture the thing.This torture deal is very warped and those guys need a very severe punishment to plant that seed never to do this again.If it isn't taught to them and break up there thought patterns they will carry this flaw into manhood,then it's there wife and children who are treated like the yote and they will enjoy hurting them also.Sad thing ,but it is what it is.

Lotsa people blame the schools for child behavior patterns,but teachers never brought them up there parents did ,so I know our education system has many flaws,but this kinda deal with hurting animals starts in the home and many parents don't see this till it's to late.A child has to be groomed in life on how to live properly and respect all living things .Many parents are donkeys ,so 2 donkeys don't make a stallion,like it or not.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan.M.Anderson View Post
Wanting people to stop killing animals is not same as throwing people in jail for killing animals...

It is OK. Reading is hard.

Keep trying, maybe one day you can learn to read and also learn about compassion, morals, and ethics.

Your lack of response to the rest of my post is telling.
The rest of your post was way too off topic. Discussing veganism is off topic too. You seem to have a knack for steering things off the rails.

I will just say that there's no doubt in my mind that the majority of vegans would ban killing animals if they could. I suspect you don't actually doubt that either. Most vegans are vegan on ethical grounds. Ethical grounds are also what people in this thread want to punish the coyote killers on. Ethics turn into laws, once they attain a certain critical mass.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:41 AM

Default Coyote

Quote:

Im not claiming anything! Im stating that i belong to the vast majority of hunters. Those who belive in morals and ethics to guide them. These are not my singular thoughts so no im not holier than thou. Im stating that there is a proper way to conduct ourselves and if you dont you shouldnt be part of it! Hunting is not a god given right it is a priviledge. I dont want to see good moral ethical hunters lose that priviledge. If you disagree then you are part of the problem and if your idea of peace is going around killing indiscriminantly. Then you shouldnt be part of the hunting community. Face palm!
Old 11-22-2018, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolyoldbugger View Post
Im not claiming anything! Im stating that i belong to the vast majority of hunters. Those who belive in morals and ethics to guide them. These are not my singular thoughts so no im not holier than thou. Im stating that there is a proper way to conduct ourselves and if you dont you shouldnt be part of it! Hunting is not a god given right it is a priviledge. I dont want to see good moral ethical hunters lose that priviledge. If you disagree then you are part of the problem and if your idea of peace is going around killing indiscriminantly. Then you shouldnt be part of the hunting community. Face palm!
To me hunting is a natural right. I wouldn't stop hunting even if it were banned, just as I wouldn't turn in my firearms if the government told me to. I also won't try to suck up to non-hunters by condemning other hunters who are slightly different than myself, in a desperate hope that they'll let me keep hunting. You view yourself as so high and mighty with your morals and ethics, but to me all I see is weakness in those morals. Those morals aren't going to preserve your rights or freedom, they are going to watch them wither away.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:04 PM

Respect Your Quarry
As a responsible hunter, you owe it to the animal to use a weapon powerful enough to cleanly kill whatever species that you are pursuing. This goes above and beyond doing what is legal and includes using ammunition or arrows appropriate for the animal. You must do everything in your power to ensure that you quickly kill your target with as little pain and suffering as possible, and that begins with using a tool that is powerful enough for the task at hand.

Running an animal over with a sled is disrespectful anybody that can't understand should quit hunting.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
To me hunting is a natural right. I wouldn't stop hunting even if it were banned, just as I wouldn't turn in my firearms if the government told me to. I also won't try to suck up to non-hunters by condemning other hunters who are slightly different than myself, in a desperate hope that they'll let me keep hunting. You view yourself as so high and mighty with your morals and ethics, but to me all I see is weakness in those morals. Those morals aren't going to preserve your rights or freedom, they are going to watch them wither away.
Ah, you are one of those - it all makes sense now.

You just do what you want and screw everyone else.

Have fun living and dying alone.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:32 PM

Someone close this thread already
Old 11-22-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathersanddust View Post
same scenario as that dummy riding the moose a couple years ago
Other than both being stupid acts and both being filmed and posted to social media how are they the same?

On one side you have a couple drunk idiots and one jumps off a boat to ride a moose for 50 feet. While not something I’d condone because it is the definition of harassing wildlife as long as there was no further confrontation off camera the moose wasn’t hurt beyond the initial scare.

On the other side you have a couple idiots that go all caveman and torture a Coyote by bashing its head in until it’s dead.
Closed Thread