Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-25-2012, 06:05 PM

WOOT WOOT.......items keep rolling in.

THANK YOU EVERYONE

Thank you to SAWT and THE FISHIN HOLE

First class job. Participation award of the highest standard.
I'll post pics with lanyards attached soon.

Thank You to Pat at Zebco/Quantum, for 2 boxes of hats

Thank You to Steve at Rapala/Normark for the huge bag of lanyards.

Teho 90's from Steve at Rapala/Normark are boxed and ready to fish.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:09 PM

Talked to Dago's Wife today or as i call her the ANGEL from HEAVAN

Dale eat fast and announce the NEWS....im so happy i could cry.

Thank You both so much
Old 01-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Banned

Wow, this is really impressive!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:25 PM

I was able to get the use of a shiny white, big top, with flags,20' by 12' event tent. Thanks to my wife and TWH Oilfield Sevice.Love that oil money.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:27 PM

As time runs out on us fast. TFG and myself are now designing the poster and sponsor boards for the event. What i regret is this takes time and after its sent to print it will not include people or donators that contribute after printing begins.

Up front I apologise for this and its a very regretable situation.

With the huge job of inventory and paper work , I also apologise for any people or sponsors i miss in the print. Not a job for a dummie like me,,,sorry.

I thank you all for your generousity, Each and everyone of you has been important to the success of the event.

Last edited by chubbdarter; 01-25-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago View Post
I was able to get the use of a shiny white, big top, with flags,20' by 12' event tent. Thanks to my wife and TWH Oilfield Sevice.Love that oil money.
Outstanding!!!! The tent will definitely get lots of use and lots of exposure.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:

WOOT WOOT......Buy her some flowers and i'll pay you back on the 25th....

The conditions of this TENT are a true donation......Thank you dago and wife.

Thank You........TWH OILFIELD SERVICES of Taber
Old 01-25-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:

Flowers for your wife for a gift.
I cant leave you out buddy...so your prize is your in charge of a tent erection team...lol.
TFG and CHUBB are there anytime and will do whatever you ask...Thanks Dago
Old 01-25-2012, 08:48 PM

OK chubb the rest is going to be a breeze.Take a couple of breaths its all going to fall in to place.We'll all be there Saterday morning and we are going to put on a first class event. Thanks chubb.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:52 PM

Chubb Darter, do not be sorry for anything that may have not gone quite right other than pat yourself on the back and go with the wonderful and caring people that you have backing you up on this amazing event that you have spearheaded When it's all said and done you will wonder what the panic was all about Been there done that!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony5 View Post
Chubb Darter, do not be sorry for anything that may have not gone quite right other than pat yourself on the back and go with the wonderful and caring people that you have backing you up on this amazing event that you have spearheaded When it's all said and done you will wonder what the panic was all about Been there done that!!!
Quote:
OK chubb the rest is going to be a breeze.Take a couple of breaths its all going to fall in to place.We'll all be there Saterday morning and we are going to put on a first class event. Thanks chubb.
Both your families have saved a drowning old man from staying under water for too long....lol. Thank You
Old 01-25-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Awesome deal buddy, when are you planning to set it up? Can we do it on Friday?

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 PM

It takes 4 or 5 people to put up if we have the man power Fri. would be good. If not it only takes 1 hour to put up we will do it Sat. morning. Need some ideas how to anchor it to the ice or the frozen ground.Long spikes hold down on the cornner posts and out side anchor ropes.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:32 PM

if we can do it in the bay next to the boat launch it will be at least partially sheltered, maybe we can drill holes, and tie the ropes to a piece of 2x4 and drop them down the holes, should be pretty solid. I will be there Friday, maybe a few more members will be down fishing that can give a hand. If my camper deal works out I plan on staying down friday night, wife can come down after work. If not I will just come back early saturday.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-25-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
It takes 4 or 5 people to put up if we have the man power Fri. would be good. If not it only takes 1 hour to put up we will do it Sat. morning. Need some ideas how to anker it to the ice or the frozen ground.Long spikes hold down on the cornner posts and out side anker ropes.
Friday?.....we gonna sleep in it?

if we anchor to the ice a piece of rebar down the hole that crosses at the bottom of the hole will never slip. Just need a long stick to poke the horizontal bar to go verticle when we retrieve. Been there done that.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
if we can do it in the bay next to the boat launch it will be at least partially sheltered, maybe we can drill holes, and tie the ropes to a piece of 2x4 and drop them down the holes, should be pretty solid. I will be there Friday, maybe a few more members will be down fishing that can give a hand. If my camper deal works out I plan on staying down friday night, wife can come down after work. If not I will just come back early saturday.
Remember only registered volunteers can help in any aspect of the event.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:38 PM

Also remember a Cargo trailer will hopefully be next to the tent as a wind break.....thats a solid lashing point.

We must high vis all anchor ropes and devices....orange tape is suffice
Old 01-25-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
Remember only registered volunteers can help in any aspect of the event.
True, I guess it can wait if there arent enough around that day. Lots of hands to help on Saturday if need be anyways. Im more excited about this than I was about Christmas I hope the fish will cooperate for the kids!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 01-25-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
True, I guess it can wait if there arent enough around that day. Lots of hands to help on Saturday if need be anyways. Im more excited about this than I was about Christmas I hope the fish will cooperate for the kids!
Im so nervous about alot, I'd like to see it up the day before
2 issues
1 i need to inform the MD of a permit change
2 The whole build team needs to sleep near the tent in the event of possible winds that arent forcasted to bring it down if necessary and in the dark.

I aslo worry ive spread Dago too thin if we erect on Sat morning...as Dago is a our Drill Team Captain.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:53 PM

Good ideas,that will work good I have repar. Tie 2 peices of rope on the repar 1 in the middle and a long 1 on the end.Just drop the middle rope and pull up on the rope tied to the end.Should come out.I will have all the gear we need for that.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:58 PM

wont be a problem for me to sleep near it, worst case I can crash in my fishing tent inside the big one if necessary. if its too much hassle to set it up Friday we wont worry about it. Im sure most of the volunteers will be chomping at the bit to get things going early anyways, with enough caffeine flowing!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 01-25-2012, 10:01 PM

to be honest i dont think set up will take nearly as long as ya'll think. to drill my holes and set up a tent will take 10 min. And remember every one is gonna set up theyre one tents and such.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:06 PM

In a event of a unforcasted wind we can't see coming in the dark.By the time we figure it out it would be dangerous to try and take it down in the dark. We would just have to let it blow.In the daylight we can see bad weather coming would give us a little time.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
In a event of a unforcasted wind we can't see coming in the dark.By the time we figure it out it would be dangerous to try and take it down in the dark. We would just have to let it blow.In the daylight we can see bad weather coming would give us a little time.
you talking daylight Friday or Saturday? either way Im there to help.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 01-25-2012, 10:22 PM

I will be camping out, hopfully on the ice.Your right Dan it dont take long to get set up for fishing.To drill 10 holes and set up a tent, we do this every fishing trip.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
wont be a problem for me to sleep near it, worst case I can crash in my fishing tent inside the big one if necessary. if its too much hassle to set it up Friday we wont worry about it. Im sure most of the volunteers will be chomping at the bit to get things going early anyways, with enough caffeine flowing!
x2. I can set up shop in my fishing tent overnight if we need people to be around. I have no problem with that, or burbot fishing until ready for an evening of sleep
Old 01-26-2012, 11:03 AM

Hey guys, i dont think we should burn the spot or any single fish in that area.
The idea of prefishing to test the spot is good if we could test the spot and try find a different(better area) if the prefish wasnt productive.
As it sits that area is the only optiuon we have.
So please consider that we leave every potential fish for the Children that will arrive within hours.
Thanks for considering this.

The reason i want Dagos team to drill the earliest possible is also to allow the area to settle down . I dont believe we can positively say what 15 augers drilling 150 holes will do to the fish's attitudes. All we can hope is the fish settle back in from drill time to the time the Children begin fishing.

I just want to try give every Child the best chance to catch a fish
Old 01-26-2012, 03:10 PM

More news just in.

I have received confirmation that the High River Fish & Game Association will be donating their 30’x30’ event tent for us to use.

Thank-you so much to the club and the members for this most generous donation of your time and equipment. Your tent will definitely play a key role in the success and comfort for all the boys and girls involved on event day.

Once more a great big THANK-YOU to the High River Fish & Game Association.

Dace
Old 01-26-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
Hey guys, i dont think we should burn the spot or any single fish in that area.
The idea of prefishing to test the spot is good if we could test the spot and try find a different(better area) if the prefish wasnt productive.
As it sits that area is the only optiuon we have.
So please consider that we leave every potential fish for the Children that will arrive within hours.
Thanks for considering this.

The reason i want Dagos team to drill the earliest possible is also to allow the area to settle down . I dont believe we can positively say what 15 augers drilling 150 holes will do to the fish's attitudes. All we can hope is the fish settle back in from drill time to the time the Children begin fishing.

I just want to try give every Child the best chance to catch a fish
totally makes sense, there are a few spots in different areas of the lake I want to check out, long ways from the launch. Id love to find the sunken bus and stuff, wonder how many big burbs are hiding around it!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 01-26-2012, 08:00 PM

as i advised earlier , i need to get a sponsor board off to print soon.
please everyone review this list......if i missed anyone or anything. please advise.

IF YOUR MISSING OFF THIS LIST, ITS NOT BECAUSE I DONT APPRECIATE YOUR GIFTS OR INVOLVMENT.....IT JUST MEANS THIS RETARD IS NOW REDLINED AND BEYOND HIS MENTAL CAPACITY.
PLEASE POST OR SEND A PM TO MAKE THIS CORRECT
THANK YOU

HEADERS ARE TO LARGE FOR THE FORUM FORMAT, BUT ITS SELF EXPLANATORY

.................................................. ..........CORPORATE SPONSORS.......................................... .................................................. .
.................................................. ..........PROVIDING THE FOUNDATION THAT WE COULD BUILD FROM.............................................. ...............................

RAPALA/NORMARK
TWH OILFIELD SERVICES/TABER
HIGH RIVER FISH AND GAME CLUB
H.T. ENTERPRISES
STAR BUILDING MATERIALS
ZEBCO/QUANTUM
FERG`S SEPTIC TANK SERVICES
SHIMANO
SOUTHERN ALBERTA WALLEYE TRAIL
THE FISHIN HOLE
JIMS JIGS
BASS PRO SHOPS
HOME DEPOT/OKOTOKS
SRD/BLAIRMORE
FRITO LAYS
MACDONALDS/HIGH RIVER
CALGARY CO-OP
ZOOBIS
.................................................. ..............................THE TEAM.............................................. .................................................. ..................
.................................................V OLUNTEERS AND PROVIDERS OF ESSENTIAL GOODS AND SERVICES.......................................... ....................................
MUDSLIDE
WAYNE CHRISTIE
MRS. WAYNE CHRISTIE
HORSETRADER
CHESTERFIELD
SILVER86 + NURSE+ FRIEND
OGRE
DACEMINNOW
DAGO
MRS. DAGO
THE FISHERMAN GUY
MIKEO2
BIG TURK+GF AND fRIEND
JACK@7+ GF
HOGSLAYER
DAN FOSS
ALBERTA ANGLER
NEW HUNTER OKOTOKS
MRS. NEW HUNTER OKOTOKS
SILVER DOCTOR
COMMANDER B
ABAB
PLINKER
KOKANEE9+WIFE
BOBLOBLAW
GARRY OCAROLL
GL2
HACMAN
ANTHONY5
LOVICH
MOFUGGER21
VCMM
WILLOWTRAIL
MIKE GARTH
RAFI ABBOUD/ZOOBIS
ANNOUNYMOUS DONATORS

.................................................. ....................TECHNICAL SUPPORT........................................... .................................................

EVENT PLANNERS.....GIBSON,DERRICK,KIM,MIKE,WAYNE,DALE,KE LLY,TERRY,CINDY.
EVENT TECHNICAL ADVISOR......CINDY
WGI.....................DAWN
SRD.............MATT
MD OF WC......CYNTHIA
THE BOYS AND GIRLS CLUBS FROM CALGARY,DIAMOND VALLEY AND AIRDRIE