Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
And that gentleman is why this topic leads no where.

This horse gets flogged every year, often several times a year.
And each time, the only outcome is more hard feelings between hunters.

Yes we are all hunters, whether you hunt as an outfitter, a landowner, or a regular guy with a regular tag. We are all hunters.

More importantly, landowners do not decide how many tags are made available to them. Nore do outfitters.

They have input into the process, and so do you and I.

If their input has more weight then ours. that's not their fault.

If you want things to change. First of all, go after the source of the problem. Government management. Not ofter the stake holders.

All you do by going after each other is weaken the voice of all hunters.

Let me put it to you another way. If I hate you I'm sure not going to willingly give up anything for you.
But if you are my friend, I will gladly give up a little for your sake.

Think about it people.
Well said Keg. Spot on.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=waterfowler1969;2364568]

Big difference between all above stated and 1000 retards chasing deer all over, closing down more places to hunt in this province for all hunters. What you don't get is this is the most important time for animals to survive. Chasing them all over the place and what animals don't get shot will die any way do to starvation or shock. This makes me sick that anybody is ok with this.

The number of licenses issued for a quota hunt in a 4 township area will be 1000?
Old 03-16-2014, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfowler1969 View Post
Quit complaining about this as on a legal stand point nothing can anything be done. I agree that people should get kicked out but they can't legally do what you say. If you can show how they can. Please feal free to show me how. Don't forget how you are paying all money for allocations as they are owned by the outfitter.
It is the responsibility of each APOS member:
 to be familiar with all APOS policies that govern business practices, treatment of others and general conduct,
 to act in a professional manner and take steps to ensure others involved in outfitted hunting do the same, and to cooperate in maintaining professionalism within the industry, including bringing attention to activity or behaviour that may be damaging to APOS.
All violations of the APOS Code of Ethics may be subject to a penalty ranging from letters of reprimand to fines to temporary or permanent forfeiture of allocations to the suspension or loss of an outfitter guide permit and/or guide designation.Alberta Professional Outfitters Society (APOS)
Code of Ethics

They have the means to discipline, they just lack the will, and the balz to do so.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon View Post

The number of licenses issued for a quota hunt in a 4 township area will be 1000?
quote licences are normally unlimited or way high. I just used that as a number.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
APOS most definitely does have a say in how many allocations they receive. They sit with SRD to decide those numbers.
no they sure don't. They can fight for what they have but in the end only SRD has a say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
It is the responsibility of each APOS member:
 to be familiar with all APOS policies that govern business practices, treatment of others and general conduct,
 to act in a professional manner and take steps to ensure others involved in outfitted hunting do the same, and to cooperate in maintaining professionalism within the industry, including bringing attention to activity or behaviour that may be damaging to APOS.
All violations of the APOS Code of Ethics may be subject to a penalty ranging from letters of reprimand to fines to temporary or permanent forfeiture of allocations to the suspension or loss of an outfitter guide permit and/or guide designation.Alberta Professional Outfitters Society (APOS)
Code of Ethics

They have the means to discipline, they just lack the will, and the balz to do so.
like I said you can quote that all you want even though I agree with you. Try and do it. Try and take allocations away from an outfitter. Big difference and good luck.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:19 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
no they sure don't. They can fight for what they have but in the end only SRD has a say.

like I said you can quote that all you want even though I agree with you. Try and do it. Try and take allocations away from an outfitter. Big difference and good luck.
could they not remove him as a member of APOS fairly easily?
Instead of telling me when I contacted them about a convicted poacher who was a member " I don't know what you're talking about"....???
Old 03-16-2014, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:

So what you are saying is that the APOS code of ethics are just a joke, a ruse, to appear that they have ethics, but in fact they have no intention of ever disciplining any of their members, what a joke they are. Sort of explains why some of them do whatever they like, legal or not, as they know their governing body, won't do anything about it......because...............its to hard, (once again no balz.)That is some organization you belong to????????????????
Old 03-16-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
So what you are saying is that the APOS code of ethics are just a joke, a ruse, to appear that they have ethics, but in fact they have no intention of ever disciplining any of their members, what a joke they are. Sort of explains why some of them do whatever they like, legal or not, as they know their governing body, won't do anything about it......because...............its to hard, (once again no balz.)That is some organization you belong to????????????????
That whole club is an embarrassment to hunting...so sad it went that way

The lack of feathers must confuse some of them
Old 03-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Gone Hunting

So, how did APOS get the ear of the gov't. and no mention of AFGA???
Old 03-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
could they not remove him as a member of APOS fairly easily?
Instead of telling me when I contacted them about a convicted poacher who was a member " I don't know what you're talking about"....???
nothing in this world is black and white. I never ever said anything of the sort as you were not talking to me. Try taking this to court and see what happens. Ask a CO how often poachers get away with stuff cause of grey area stuff.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
nothing in this world is black and white. I never ever said anything of the sort as you were not talking to me. Try taking this to court and see what happens. Ask a CO how often poachers get away with stuff cause of grey area stuff.
they need a "grey" area?, a conviction doesn't do it for them?...c'mon!
Old 03-16-2014, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Below is a letter that I received from the minister Diana McQueen, that states that her department works closely with APOS, to determine the upcoming allocations. In other words, APOS does take part in the actual decision making process.

Wowzers you have a letter that states the obvious. Just as KEG has stated everybody has a say in what happens. As for the allocation numbers who do you think they would talk to? This is starting to look like you are only looking at what you want to see cause you have a major problem with a few outfitters in this province. Other than posting to try and prove a point what does this have to do with mule deer management.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:43 PM
Gone Hunting

Outfitters have a lot to do with Mule Deer mis-management I guess that letter proves it?????
Old 03-16-2014, 07:43 PM
Banned

The solution is very simple, just kill all of the mule deer and then we can all move on to another subject and fight, bicker, and argue like school girls to try to find a solution to the next problem. CWD has existed since the dawn of time people and will NEVER be eradicated!!!!!! It occurs naturally and is a means of feeding our coyote population...they need to eat too!

Here's my prediction:
This mule deer situation will NEVER EVER be resolved in the best interests of the mule deer or Alberta residents in mind. It will be mismanaged by an incompetent government that doesn't care and doesn't have a clue. The vast majority of Albertans that hunt could care less about this issue and know absolutely nothing about the crisis we have here in regards to our mule deer population. CWD will reign supreme and the mule deer herds in many more areas will be wiped out for no good reason.The outfitters and non-resident tags will continue to screw the Alberta residents, but they don't care, why would they, it's all about them?

Oh, and one more prediction:
I will harvest as large a mule deer buck as I can every year, legally of course with archery tackle. And when the system goes to a draw for archery in my preferred zones, I will start to exercise my right to get a landowner tag(which I have never gotten because I thought it was B.S.)whereby I will continue to harvest as large a mule deer as I can simply because a foreigner can hire a guide every year in Alberta and I can't.

I win.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
LOL. If they do illegal stuff the government charges them and there are fines and or suspentions. how is this have anything to do with APOS. Like I said you can kick someone out of the group but it sure ain't that easy to just take away there allocations.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:44 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Wowzers you have a letter that states the obvious. Just as KEG has stated everybody has a say in what happens. As for the allocation numbers who do you think they would talk to? This is starting to look like you are only looking at what you want to see cause you have a major problem with a few outfitters in this province. Other than posting to try and prove a point what does this have to do with mule deer management.
Exactly. And they work closely with AFGA too.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Outfitters have a lot to do with Mule Deer mis-management I guess that letter proves it?????
who killed all the deer around were you live? was it outfitters? No it was ALL residents...
Old 03-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
LOL. If they do illegal stuff the government charges them and there are fines and or suspentions. how is this have anything to do with APOS. Like I said you can kick someone out of the group but it sure ain't that easy to just take away there allocations.
starting to think it was you I was talking to...good 2 step shuffle, if they have been convicted, throw them out!. or be a real classy and greedy organization and turn a blind eye??...your guys choice...
Old 03-16-2014, 07:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Exactly. And they work closely with AFGA too.
Of course they do as that is the residents voice.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
starting to think it was you I was talking to...good 2 step shuffle, if they have been convicted, throw them out!. or be a real classy and greedy organization and turn a blind eye??...your guys choice...
You are not listening. not that easy.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:53 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
who killed all the deer around were you live? was it outfitters? No it was ALL residents...
you snap out of it!!! outfitters and the cull and 2/3 bad winters, we have to wait 4 years to get a MD antlered tag here, meantime we are now missing 2 age classes of bucks, it's a long ways up hill
Old 03-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
you snap out of it!!! outfitters and the cull and 2/3 bad winters, we have to wait 4 years to get a MD antlered tag here, meantime we are now missing 2 age classes of bucks, it's a long ways up hill
I think you are mistaken hal. You need to open your eyes to reality as residents and srd did the slaughter then we had 2 bad winters. Then SRD gives out 500 buck tags per zone and even more doe tags as outfitters if I am not mistaken lots all tags for these zones. Not like you imagined it.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:09 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I think you are mistaken hal. You need to open your eyes to reality as residents and srd did the slaughter then we had 2 bad winters. No like you imagined it.
HUH?,, that's pretty much what I said Justin C., except you left the outfitters out of the equation....glad u snuck back in under the radar....
Old 03-16-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophyboy View Post
The solution is very simple, just kill all of the mule deer and then we can all move on to another subject and fight, bicker, and argue like school girls to try to find a solution to the next problem. CWD has existed since the dawn of time people and will NEVER be eradicated!!!!!! It occurs naturally and is a means of feeding our coyote population...they need to eat too!

Here's my prediction:
This mule deer situation will NEVER EVER be resolved in the best interests of the mule deer or Alberta residents in mind. It will be mismanaged by an incompetent government that doesn't care and doesn't have a clue. The vast majority of Albertans that hunt could care less about this issue and know absolutely nothing about the crisis we have here in regards to our mule deer population. CWD will reign supreme and the mule deer herds in many more areas will be wiped out for no good reason.The outfitters and non-resident tags will continue to screw the Alberta residents, but they don't care, why would they, it's all about them?

Oh, and one more prediction:
I will harvest as large a mule deer buck as I can every year, legally of course with archery tackle. And when the system goes to a draw for archery in my preferred zones, I will start to exercise my right to get a landowner tag(which I have never gotten because I thought it was B.S.)whereby I will continue to harvest as large a mule deer as I can simply because a foreigner can hire a guide every year in Alberta and I can't.

I win.
Wow that's harsh....sad.....and true....id love to prove you wrong....cant ��

Old 03-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
HUH?,, that's pretty much what I said Justin C., except you left the outfitters out of the equation....glad u snuck back in under the radar....
no wrong person hal53. I never left anybody out.

Last edited by waterfowler1969; 03-16-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
no wrong person hal53.
no ,right person Justin C.,,...been booted from any other forums lately???
Old 03-16-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I am glad that you quoted my post with the letter that proves that APOS takes part in deciding the outfitter allocations, as my original post seems to have disappeared from the thread for some reason. At least now everyone can see the truth about how the allocations are determined.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 03-16-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I am glad that you quoted my post with the letter that proves that APOS takes part in deciding the outfitter allocations, as my original post seems to have disappeared from the thread.
I as well have lost posts

Old 03-16-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhguy View Post
I as well have lost posts

Old 03-16-2014, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
I am glad that you quoted my post with the letter that proves that APOS takes part in deciding the outfitter allocations, as my original post seems to have disappeared from the thread.
I don't care as it states what I thought was common knowledge.