Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-26-2010, 11:37 AM

Default Planning 5 day Fishing Trip HELP!!

Hey guys,

Stumbled accross this forum today and it is very helpful! I am planning a fishing / camping trip for me and the wife (she wants to learn to fish) and am wondering where some good trout lakes are in and around lethbridge / calgary. We were out on some streams near canmore / kananaskis on the weekend and it was soooooo overcrowded!! I have a small boat, spin rod, and a fly rod (im learning) just wondering which lakes are producing right now and also which lakes have good camping. Heres what ive got.

Beaver Mines - ive heard that nobody is catching much of anything right now???? Good camping though

Police Lake - Anyone been out recently? Best to troll with a spoon / spinner?

Payne Lake - Any info on what to use here?

Watertoon - Cameron Lake, upper and lower waterton lakes - fished a few years ago had some luck anyone been there recently? Can you take your own boat out onto these lakes?

Beauvais Lake - Ive tried here before and had not much luck maybe im using the wrong technique?? Suggestions.

Lee Lake - never fished it before, Anybody been there this year?

Chain Lakes - Ive heard lots of good things over the years but never fished this one. Im thinking this will definately need a boat. Anybody been out?

I know there are more that would be great too please let me know if you are having luck at some other locations. I will gladly post my results when i return to let everyone know how we did.

Any info you guys might have would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:57 AM

lee/beavais/Beaver mines are heavily fished but there are still some big ones there, hard to get them to bite. payne has tons of fish, pretty much any method for trout produces. IN a couple years police will be very good, can produce some good fish now how ever.

welcome to the forum
Old 07-26-2010, 11:58 AM

I was at payne and upper waterton this weekend. I cant comment on waterton cuz It was my first time there and only had a few hours on the water. We didnt catch anything but didnt give is a honest go either. I was also at Payne and it was no good. Fish were small and were not very eager to bite my hook.

Tags
alberta, fishing, lakes, planning, trout