Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2010, 01:53 PM

Default Camping at Abraham Lake

Me and a few friends are looking to go out to Abraham lake this weekend and do some fishing/camping. Are you able to camp right along the edge of the lake? if not where else is there a good spot with a view that we can throw up some tents? We are not looking to stay in a campground just a nice little spot if any of you have suggestions that would be awesome!
Old 05-30-2010, 02:02 PM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=60645

There are no absolutes
Old 05-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Gone Fishing

I just came through that area yesterday and the water levels are very low. The lake is a reservoir and right now you can camp on the bottom of the lake. I would guess at least 50-75 ft. below mid summer water levels.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:10 PM

No worries Dick, I also spent the majority of monday cleaning up campsites that people had left in an absolutely disgusting state. But what i understand is that you can camp right along the lake, I wasnt sure if it was a provincial park or what exactly the rules were. We wont have 4x4's or atvs either so no worries about us trashing the land.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:32 PM

You can camp any where you like at Abraham lake.If you have quads you can cross the dam and there are some really nice places on the south side of the lake.Enjoy
Old 05-30-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedativ3 View Post
No worries Dick, I also spent the majority of monday cleaning up campsites that people had left in an absolutely disgusting state. But what i understand is that you can camp right along the lake, I wasnt sure if it was a provincial park or what exactly the rules were. We wont have 4x4's or atvs either so no worries about us trashing the land.
10-4
Just remeber the lake is the resevoir and it just bottomed out, and is on the up swing. Rains and run off from the mountains fill the resevoir.
Remember your at the bottom of a perverbial martini glass, and not much water will make the lake level rise quickly.

Keep your distance from the waters edge, and practice responsable random camping.

I've seen the resevoir change close to 4 feet in one spring storm.

There are no absolutes

Tags
abraham lake, camping, fishing