Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-27-2012, 10:28 PM

Default bowhunting partner

Hey AO
im a new bowhunter this year have spent my entire summer learning to shoot im confident for up to 50 yards and feel that if i can put myself in that range my freezer will be quite happy. Unfortunately my hunting partner will be spending all of this season in McMurray and im left stranded with my new gear and no guidence. Anybody willing to take a newbie out into the field to teach some valuable lessons would be greatly appreciated. PM me if there is anybody will to take on this daunting task would be greatly appreciated and as i do with my regular hunting partner all meat is 50/50
Old 08-28-2012, 12:40 AM

hey all,im looking for a new hunting partner for big game.im 46,non drinker,recent non smoker,married,in fairly good shape with 28 years hunting under my belt.i have all my own gear,rifles,outfitter tent,stove,4x4 etc.im not a know it all,pretty laid back and easy to get along with.i usualy hunt 344,346 and i have an antlerless moose tag in 352 this year.i also started sheep hunting for the first time this season also.im self employed so im pretty flexible when i can get out too.i follow the rules and i split the costs and meat 50 50.so if anyone is interested in a hunting partner or someone is willing to show me the ropes at sheep hunting let me know.id even be interested in partnering up with someone new at hunting too.im in spruce grove,drop me a pm and we can meet up and yap about it over coffee.thanks. todd.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:01 AM

I am completely green to hunting and was wondering if there is anyone in the Lethbridge area that is willing to take me out and show me the ropes?

I don't have a license or tags right now but would love to tag along to see how it all goes down.

I would prefer bow hunting for now because I own a bow and don't have any rifles.

I am not looking for any secret spots or anything but would love to learn how to hunt right from packing for a hunt all the way to getting back to town after getting an animal.

If anyone is interested in taking on a completely new hunter please let me know through a p.m.

I have a set of cover up camo and could probably pick up anything else small that may be needed to be able to keep out of sight during a hunt.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:55 AM

Default New female hunter to Alberta

Hello,

Looking for a hunting partner/group somewhere in southern/central Alberta to do some bow hunting the week of Sept 12-16. I live in Calgary but willing to do a bit of travelling. I am accuract with my bow up to 50 yards, can field dress, skin and willing to share the meat! I would like to go for muley or white-tail. All I have is general tags.

I also have a shotgun so always willing to do some bird/rabbit hunting too. Anything to get out into the woods! If there are any muzzleloader hunters in Alberta I have one of those too... ha-ha I am looking into buying a new rifle though.

Inbox me if you are interested in taking me out and showing me around.

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:46 AM

Looking for a hunting partner for WMU 520 Moose hunt for season Nov 1 - Nov 30th. Planning on taking my cargo trailer so we'll have lots of room for gear. I live in Calgary so it'll be a bit of a drive. PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by a little redneck; 08-31-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Missed where driving from
Old 08-31-2012, 06:46 PM

Default Wendsday aug 5 going for elk leave edm afternoon.

Heading to the peace to undisclosed elk location bow hunting elk. Leaving wend afternoon. Will be back to edm sun or mon night unless tagged out sooner. If you want to go pm me will bring the camper and quad. 50/50 on gas bring your own grub. Must have own gear.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:03 AM

Default Any takers

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagencounter View Post
Heading to the peace to undisclosed elk location bow hunting elk. Leaving wend afternoon. Will be back to edm sun or mon night unless tagged out sooner. If you want to go pm me will bring the camper and quad. 50/50 on gas bring your own grub. Must have own gear.
Well last chance to go. Leaving edm tmrw. Anyone interested
Old 09-04-2012, 07:48 AM

hi there im from taber area and have rifel hunted my whole life but have got into bow this past season none of my regular hunting buddys hunt with bow so if some other bow hunter would like to go hit field shoot me a pm would love to learn a trick or two
Old 09-17-2012, 11:44 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little redneck View Post
Looking for a hunting partner for WMU 520 Moose hunt for season Nov 1 - Nov 30th. Planning on taking my cargo trailer so we'll have lots of room for gear. I live in Calgary so it'll be a bit of a drive. PM me if you're interested.
Still looking.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:27 AM

Default Duck hunting out of Redcliff

New to hunting this year. Have 12 floating mallard decoys and enough gear to sit comfortably in the weeds. Have ventured up to Tilley/Brooks area but have not been super successful yet. Looking for friendly, ethical partners with a few decoys of their own to share a cat tail blind. Bonus if they can teach me a thing or two, but experience not required, just a good attitude. Have been working on local permissions and would like to try out field shoots once I have the gear.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:28 PM

Default kfc?

im looking for a place that guy could go near peace river after work to shoot some chickens.. i use to go across the ferry to tangent but it seems there is always someone there. can somone give me a decent idea?
Old 09-08-2012, 07:50 AM

Hey there i live in the lethbridge area ... i have experiance hunting birds an big game . I have most everything i need except for a layout blind ... but im lookibg for a good hunting partner this year fee free to message me an we'll go from there thnkx
Old 09-09-2012, 05:00 PM

Default hey

Hey gang was wondering if there were any upland hunters looking for a partner. Want to get into ducks and geese but have the gear as of yet, i have a pretty good 3 year old choc. lad who was great up north on ruffies. now living in calgary love to get out for some birds anykind! anyway if your looking send a pm and well talk....thanks!
Darrell
Old 09-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Banned

Default Looking for Waterfowl partner..

Hey there, I live in South Edmonton, have 50 duck decoys, blinds, camo, truck, boat, but no one or no where to hunt. looking to do some duck and or geese shooting or any small games really. text, call or email me 780 713 1514. binnzer32@live.com I am willing to travel 1.5 hours max.

Mike
Old 09-09-2012, 11:39 PM

Howdy,

I am a 20 year old located in Calgary and I would love to go hunting with someone my age. Right now I am sticking to grouse hunting but I do have deer tags in the 406.

If you're interested send me a PM.

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:00 PM

Default 2012 Season

Looking for hunting buddy for the 2010 pheasant season I do mostly pheasant hunting some ducks. Most of my pheasant hunting is in the brooks area. I do weekend trip and day trip if you are looking for a buddy get back to me. The season has open already.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:37 AM

Hi i live in the priddis ab area and i am a new hunter. And have been hunting alone for the last 3 years mostly with a bow. Every one i know who does hunt its like pulling teath to get then to come out so i gave up. I am looking for some one who doesnt mind teaching a newbey a few things. I do have access to some land in bow zone as well as millerville area 312 i would love to get on some elk this season as well as white tail. If any intrested let me know
Old 09-27-2012, 04:58 PM

I am planning to pack into the Willmore via the Rock Lake trail head over the Thanksgiving long weekend. Leave Edmonton Friday after work. Hike in overnight to the high country. Chase deer and elk until Monday afternoon. Pack out Monday night and drive back to Edmonton.

I'm 26, avid elk and mule deer hunter. Bow and gun. I've chased everything from whitetails to sheep through BC most of my life. In Edmonton at the UofA for my PhD.

Shoot me a line if you want to come along.

People in SUVs, driving through their sprawling suburbs, will end the lives of more animals than a man with a bow ever could.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:22 PM

Default Hunting Partner?

Hey all,

im 34 and hunted when i was younger and tagged a couple dear, lots of grouse, ducks and geese. Been a number of years since i have headed out hunting, but this year i have a moose in 524 and mulie in 526 as well as general elk and whitetail. want to put some food in the freezer and get outdoors.

Got all my own gear and looking for someone to partner up with.

Wouldnt mind even heading out to peace country this weekend to see what i can see.

if interested this weekend or another drop me a pm. I live in the Edmonton area.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:59 PM

Default Hunting partner

I'm an easy going 31 year old new to Airdrie. I'm looking for someone in the Airdrie/Calgary area to shoot some waterfowl with. I have 2 dozen floating mallard decoys. I also enjoy upland hunting. If your interested give me a call at 403 835 5492.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:10 AM

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get out hunting along with someone, more so for tips and tricks than shooting something. I'm a 25 y/o I live in Calgary, I have a truck, gun and gear. I have only started hunting last season, was going for white tail, but didn't get any good chances. I've never skinned anything out, so this is why I'd like to tag along. I'm in good shape, so im willing to help haul out the meat or whatever else. Also willing to split on gas if we take one truck.

Send me a pm if interested.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:17 PM

Default hunting partners

hey guys! ive been hunting in alberta now for a few years! i do have a few hot spots but i am lookin for a hunting partner! i have bagged a few decent deer and one monster a few years back! i prefer to bow hunt but i do rifle hunt last week of november! the last partner i had was a young kid that i kind of mentored and got into hunting! this year he decides to go behind my back and try to get permission on the few places i have worked hard to get into! i am not one to normally share my location just for that fact! and if i am brought to someones honey hole im not the type to go and spoil it! with that being said i would love to have a partner to find some good land with and hunt as often as possible! also would be nice to find or share the hot spots that we have and just have a good time smackin that big bruiser! anyone interesed send me a message! hope to hear from you!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:35 PM

Im a 30yr old guy from Calgary looking at going out hunting this week for a day or two. Im off Monday - Thursday. Heading out to 404 and possibly dip down into 402 for a bit. I got drawn for mule deer in 404, but am pretty new to 404. I've spent a fair bit of time in 402 so if anyone has any tags for that area Im down for that too.

I'm fairly new to bush hunting. I've shot 5-6 deer in the last few years and an elk, but Im far from an expert. If anyone wants to tag along or meet up out there, let me know. I have a lifted Grand Cherokee that I dont mind beating on so vehicle isnt really a huge deal. Deer fit great with the seats folded down, lol. And if I decide to stay the night, I just sleep inside. Beats towing the camper all the way out there.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:39 PM

Default Calgary newbie hunter looking ...

Hi,

Last year I went hunting for the very first time in my 38years ... LOVED IT ... so I decided to be prepared for this hunting seazon: bought all the required gear (and more :-)) ... had 2 hunting partners lined up ...
Then disaster strikes: 1 guy kets kicked out to the curb by his wife, so he moved to BC ... for my other hunting partner: change in working situation requires him to travel every weekday, so the weekends are (rightfully so) reserved for his wife and kids ...

That pretty much leaves me stranded ... have some spots lined up in 305, 402 ... but no hunting partner :-(

Is there anybody out there in the Calgary region that can take pitty on this poor newbie and take me out ... i'm up for anything from hiking in, hauling out ... also have a quad + pickup and don't mind travelling ...
Able to go out almost every weekend (Sunday 10 PM is hockey time, but willing to skip a single training for the right adventure)

A bit about me: newbie, 38 years, relaxed attitude, looking forward to hard work out hunting, recently moved from Belgium to the great province of Alberta !!!

Feel free to contact me on my mobile 403 512 7308

Dirk
Old 09-29-2012, 10:14 PM

Default 1st hunting season

Hello, this is my first hunting season, so i think i'll benifit a lot if some experinced guy or gal could take me under his/her wing. living in edmonton and open to most of the offers. thanks
Old 10-02-2012, 05:29 PM

Default Opportunity for 1 or 2 guys..

Are you new to hunting? or do you want to join us for bow/rifle hunts?

We are looking for 1-2 guys physically fit, who are dedicated enthusiastic hunters to join my dad and I (I'm mid 30's).
I know there is always a lot of talk out there about how awesome some guys think they are, we are not the best but we have valuable experience, good hunting/shooting skills, and the animals to prove it!
we are farmers ourselves so we have ties with other farmers as well, so our hunting land base is massive.
we are willing to train you to hunt if you don't have the skills. we hunt everything except mtn sheep, goats, and cats. someone with sheep skills would be awesome, as we have never hunted them, but would like to. (we mainly focus
on Elk, Moose, Deer, Geese, Coyotes). we have all our own processing equipment so all our meat is clean, cut, and wrapped to a high standard with no cost, but you have to be willing to help out.
we drink socially, no drugs, and are looking for someone like minded, as we like to joke around a lot and make hunting an awesome experience! no guides or guys that can't keep a secret allowed.

send me a PM if you're game!
Old 10-05-2012, 05:39 PM

Default Happy Thanksgiving

Hunting Grouse today and Sunday in Sibbald Flats. I'm already half way there.
Bryan
403 861 2472
Old 10-05-2012, 05:46 PM

Default geese

looking for someone to show me the ropes in the med hat area but happy to drive have some decoys lay out blind ect really keen to learn please pm me

regards danny
Old 10-26-2012, 12:02 PM

Did you find any Grouse?
Old 10-10-2012, 10:30 PM

Default Hunter sought for WMU 406

I got the draw for a white-tailed buck for WMU 406 and I am looking for someone who knows where the best spots are to hunt there. I will have only two days to hunt in WMU 406, and I will be there Oct. 22-23. If anyone can help me, that would be greatly appreciated.