Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-20-2012, 06:11 PM

Location: i have a home in calgary however i live as much of my life as possible in the woods
Question Frustrated with CAC

This is not meant to be a Slam on CAC, I have been a loyal customer and spent well over 2K there in the last 18 months. I have in the past been impressed at how I was treated as a customer...
However, a month and a bit before spring bear season this year I started having issues with my bow ( PSE vendetta) It turned out my adjustment cam was slipping due to a design issue and PSE has recalled the issue and is covering warranty work to solve the issue with a new cam. Great! I ask them to order the parts for me and am told that it would be in within 2-3 weeks. I was happy that I would have a reliable bow for bear season. Well, after 3 weeks it was still not in, the four then five then finally I am advised after 5 weeks that they would call PSE to find out where it was. As time went by, I thought well I still have time before 2012 fall season... and waited and waited. Every time I called I was told that it was not in. Finally three weeks ago I went in as the wife wanted to punch some paper. I asked at the desk and was told my parts where finally in. YAY. So I opted to leave the bow with them (as I also want a new string and cables while it is apart...)as they said it would be a week to two weeks for parts(string/cables) and that they would get the work done right away. Last Monday I called and was told they where still waiting on parts but my bow would be ready by the end of the week. I just called to go pick it up, sight in and start practicing and low and behold was told that they did not get the new strings. So maybe now they will get them next week I am told.
I am also quite frustrated that when I originally ordered the warranty cam that as the bow was to be taken down I could pay for new strings and cables and would not have to pay for the labor as the only difference was putting new stuff on in lieu of the old. I have now been told that I will likely have to pay for the labor on the new string and cables. I am not sure if there is an additional process and if there is I am more than happy to pay but I feel now that I'm getting hung out to dry. Maybe one of you pro's can inform me better as to whether or not this is additional labor or am I over a barrel?
With hunting season Days away, I am quite frustrated and would love to find out that I have some value as a customer and the CAC would like to keep me with them. I find it exceptionally unprofessional in the manner of "it's not our fault or problem" that I have been treated and am hoping that they come thru for me. I have referred lot's of friends to the establishment and would like to continue to be able to do so. I guess we'll see. Anyways rant over and if anyone could possibly provide input towards my underlined question it would be much appreciated. RH
Old 08-21-2012, 08:18 AM

If you bought the strings there they should have installed for no cost being they had to remove the old ones to change the cam anyway. I'd be a little ticked at the matter in question aswell.

Redneck
Old 08-21-2012, 10:31 AM

Phone Porcupine Crk and see if they will install the cam along with the new strings. They supply the cam to the shop, that is as far as PSE goes on warranty. CAC gets nothing out of it for their labour, nor does any other shop.
Other than "customer relations" "goodwill".
Old 08-21-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Renagade View Post
If you bought the strings there they should have installed for no cost being they had to remove the old ones to change the cam anyway. I'd be a little ticked at the matter in question aswell.

Redneck
So when I Go into a Garage to get my oil changed and I Buy a Fillter from Them, They should Replace my oil for free??? I mean they are Removing the old filter so.... No cost.. GET REAL...
Old 08-21-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
So when I Go into a Garage to get my oil changed and I Buy a Fillter from Them, They should Replace my oil for free??? I mean they are Removing the old filter so.... No cost.. GET REAL...
Did you even read the op's post or rednecks response post or are you just trying to be a hero. If anyone needs to it needs to be you. I think rednecks answer was very true. The op should not have been charged labour to put the new strings on. When I bought new strings from trophy book archery they didnt charge me labour to install them
Old 08-21-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro31 View Post
Did you even read the op's post or rednecks response post or are you just trying to be a hero. If anyone needs to it needs to be you. I think rednecks answer was very true. The op should not have been charged labour to put the new strings on. When I bought new strings from trophy book archery they didnt charge me labour to install them
X2 , when I got my strings and cables changed at Jimbow's, the installion was included, I can see if you buy from somewhere else and then ask them to install them .I would be ticked off to, especially this close to the season