Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 09-05-2018, 10:21 PM

Default A little discount

I have been doing some reviews for Maxcatch fishing and the rods , reels, and lines are pretty good , especially considering the prices. I have a 15% discount code to use in their web store that I was asked to share, so if you buy from them enter PETE15 in the promo code box for a little discount.

https://www.maxcatchfishing.com/inde...te=common/home

For the local shops, they also have a wholesale department and would like to have dealers up here , to contact for quotation,send email to :sales@maxcatchfishing.com

Pete
Old 09-06-2018, 06:15 AM

Thanks, I've saved the code as I am about to buy a fly fishing kit (not sure, whether that will be a complete kit, or I will be buying all stuff by different brands). Will shoot an e-mail to their sales dept to see what they got.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryRamey View Post
Thanks, I've saved the code as I am about to buy a fly fishing kit (not sure, whether that will be a complete kit, or I will be buying all stuff by different brands). Will shoot an e-mail to their sales dept to see what they got.
Click the link to the store and you can see what is available and at what prices.
https://www.maxcatchfishing.com/

I am very happy with the rods and reels from them. I would look at a reel with extra spools available for a floating and sinking line.

The Extreme rod is very inexpensive and I had no regret using my 5wt 9' on the livingstone , while my Fenwick and TFO sat in the camper.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:44 PM

I bought a 5wt 9' extreme this summer. It snapped in half, second section from the tip the first time i hooked a fish. The rod has a 1 year warrantee but all communications regarding a repair have gone unanswered.

The TFO i bought to replace it has been great.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormachek View Post
I bought a 5wt 9' extreme this summer. It snapped in half, second section from the tip the first time i hooked a fish. The rod has a 1 year warrantee but all communications regarding a repair have gone unanswered.

The TFO i bought to replace it has been great.
That not good. Check your PM's.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:24 AM

I bought an extreme rod as well 6wt I like to bushwack and go up and down canyon walls and get right back in there and cant bear to bring an expensive rodinto battle with mei found it to be a pretty awesome value rod and the aluminum reel is decent enough with a decently smooth drag. The line was no good though, the floating line had lots of imperfectionsand was not smooth casting. I changed the line and took a bit of the backing off as they load it up right to the brim for looks I guess. It's a decent rod and what it lacks in finesse it makes up in disposability lol.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:36 PM

I have their V-Access rod in a 3wt and 8wt. They have become my 'go-to' rods for the past 3 years. The 8wt has landed hundreds of 5 to 8 lb cohos out in Prince Rupert and the 3wt is my grayling rod. My Winston and Sage now sit in the closet or packed about as backup. I have their reel on my 3wt but went to a Ross on my 8wt.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:28 PM

Prices Canadian or American and is exactly priced what they say so many scams