Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-18-2019, 11:48 AM

Default Best place for blackpowder shooting supplies ?

Self explanatory thread title
Best place to buy Muzzleloader round ball , bullets , powders etc etc
Preferably in bulk not small retail amounts like Cabela’s sells.
Specifically 58 cal and larger projectiles.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:20 PM

If you mean “Best” in Alberta,Caroline Supplies has about the best selection of traditional ML gear and supplies that I’ve seen,and I’ve worked/travelled all over Alberta and usually make it a point to stop in and visit every gun shop/Outdoor store I come across.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One6one View Post
Self explanatory thread title
Best place to buy Muzzleloader round ball , bullets , powders etc etc
Preferably in bulk not small retail amounts like Cabela’s sells.
Specifically 58 cal and larger projectiles.
Best place to get bulk stuff, except powder, is Track of the Wolfe from the States, especially for stuff bigger than 50 calibre. Even with exchange and shipping you would be hard pressed to match the prices here in Canada. Rusty Wood Trading, Hill Folk Muzzle Loader Supplies and a few others are good to deal with if they have stock. You can get lots of powder from Caroline supplies, they are the Alberta Goex distributor, but they are not cheap. If you go the to BP shoot at Sherwood park range, or the Calgary gun show you can often find BP for about half what Caroline wants.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
If you mean “Best” in Alberta,Caroline Supplies has about the best selection of traditional ML gear and supplies that I’ve seen,and I’ve worked/travelled all over Alberta and usually make it a point to stop in and visit every gun shop/Outdoor store I come across.
Thanks , I’ll check them out , looking at some of the Pedersoli brand of muskets but not finding a lot of available ball or bullets in calibres above .58.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:34 AM

Do yourself a favour, get some lee mold's and a melting pot and cast your balls, and mini's. It's hard to find better selection and prices than from Titan in the US. www.titanreloading.com/
Old 07-19-2019, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Thanks , I’ll check them out , looking at some of the Pedersoli brand of muskets but not finding a lot of available ball or bullets in calibres above .58.
Aaaah ok,well I doubt you’ll find any Pedersolli rifles in Caroline,or even pills larger then .58 but worth a shot?
That said,they usually do stock a pretty decent selection of traditional accoutrements,RBs and minis,and one of the very few places in AB I’ve found that stocks real BP,usually has Goex and Elephant.....seems nobody carries any of that traditional stuff anymore,if they have any ML gear at all it’s usually modern inline gear.
As posted above,Track of the Wolf is probably your best bet for ordering stuff online,I can’t even think of any place in Canada,but I haven’t kept up to speed on it lately,my Hawken has been gathering dust for a few years now and I’ve probably got enough supplies to last me a lifetime at this rate.I barely even use my bow anymore...DAMN YOU ALBERTA with your long and generous centerfire seasons,LOL!
Old 07-19-2019, 06:18 AM

If you are closer to Calgary,try Proline down on 9th Ave,he usually has real BP and a bit of traditional gear also.
Old 05-08-2023, 08:35 AM

Default BP Shooting supplies

Marstar over in Ontario has lots of Pedersoli Rifles and some supplies, Alberta Native Guide Service has some guns and supplies, there’s a lady over by innisfail that attends gun shows and shoots that has quite a bit of stuff, Higginson Powders over in Hawksbury, Ontario has Lee bullet Molds and Lee casting equipment, Loyalist Arms over in the maritimes has some stuff: they can order in Pedersoli stuff/guns and they have lots of reproduction guns from India but I’d be very skeptical on buying those and shooting them! There is also a sporting goods store over in Armstrong, B.C. that has and can order Pedersoli guns. So, there are a few Canadian options. One note is that “lately”; you can mail order flintlock rifles and flintlock kits from the good old U.S.A. as they are considered antiques?
Old 05-08-2023, 10:15 AM

I am looking for number 11 primers. Has anyone seen any of them? There is a guy on here that clearly bought a whole bunch and is trying to boost his life savings but I am not desperate.. Also lubed patches.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-08-2023, 12:28 PM

Default there's always this option

https://sharpshooter-22lr-reloader.m...pr_seq=uniform
Old 05-08-2023, 12:39 PM

Prairie Projectiles can help you out. Stettler area.
https://prairieprojectiles.ca/
Old 05-09-2023, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretohunt View Post
I am looking for number 11 primers. Has anyone seen any of them? There is a guy on here that clearly bought a whole bunch and is trying to boost his life savings but I am not desperate.. Also lubed patches.

Thanks in advance.
If you are around Lloyd or have a way to get some shoot me a PM
Old 08-09-2023, 10:25 AM

Default I have this cap maker

https://peacemaker.store/products/11-percussion-cap-maker-for-sale
Old 08-13-2023, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Check these 0.58 paper cartridge formers; they are the best formers on the market. https://peacemaker.store/products/pa...idge-former-58