Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
I know you like to think you are an expert, especially hockey, why are you not working in the Oiler's head office. With you at the helm I am sure they are Stanley Cup bound. Again the fact remains if you lose a game you are done. You can totally sh!t to bed during a playoff hockey game and still carry on.

Superbowl doesn't even rank in the top 4 of hardest pro team sports championships to win according to pretty much every sports link doing the ranking.

Guessing that reading not being a high priority for you, a Google search would be a huge ask.

Last edited by 270person; 05-29-2021 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-29-2021, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Moose View Post
That was scheduled at McJesus’ request as he wanted the series over so he wouldn’t miss his Friday morning tee time.

At least his request was for a single. Down hwy 2 they make "group" reservations.
Old 05-29-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
At least his request was for a single. Down hwy 2 they make "group" reservations.
So you're saying McDavid is a loaner with no friends?? Is that because he yells at them when they slice?
Old 05-29-2021, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
So you're saying McDavid is a loaner with no friends?? Is that because he yells at them when they slice?

No, its the same old excuse for his golf game as his skating. "No one can keep up to his speed" He is just way to fast so he just golfs alone.
Old 05-29-2021, 11:59 AM

Quote:

People on here pretending they know McDavid!
Old 05-29-2021, 02:02 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Maybe some of the pretty boy floaters on the Flames need someone to yell at them once in awhile?
Old 05-29-2021, 02:38 PM

Quote:

Not sure if he's a loaner. Probably makes enough off hockey and endorsements that he doesn't have to moonlight as a banker.
Old 05-29-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post

People on here pretending they know McDavid!

Yep. Mostly jealous Flames fans.

Oh he's mean.

Oh he's selfish.

Oh he's a whiner.

Same stuff regurgitated from the Gretzky years.
Old 05-29-2021, 02:52 PM

Wow you would think this was the Panty liner dome crowds thread . Hey it could be worse instead of having McDavid we could have Bumchuck on our team.
Old 05-29-2021, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Superbowl doesn't even rank in the top 4 of hardest pro team sports championships to win according to pretty much every sports link doing the ranking.

Guessing that reading not being a high priority for you, a Google search would be a huge ask.
I guess reading comprehension not being a high priority for you, I said you can lose a game, several games for that matter in the NHL playoffs and still win a series. How hard would it be to win the Cup if every game was a win or go home situation. I am not talking about how many teams compared to other sports, how many games played during the duration of the playoffs etc.
Still also waiting for your pro hockey resume as you seem to be a self proclaimed expert and quick to point out to others how little they know about the game.
Old 05-29-2021, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Yep. Mostly jealous Flames fans.

Can you blame them? Flames haven't had an "elite" kinda player on the roster since the Kipper, and 3 hours to the north there are 2 of said players on the roster. Tough pill to swallow for a flaming toilet seat fan. There's a few shades of green in some of the comments
Old 05-30-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Can you blame them? Flames haven't had an "elite" kinda player on the roster since the Kipper, and 3 hours to the north there are 2 of said players on the roster. Tough pill to swallow for a flaming toilet seat fan. There's a few shades of green in some of the comments
Two dumpster fires with different issues. The fact that we couldn’t do anything with all the first overalls makes the Oil the bigger dumpster fire. Just wait till the goalie issue looms it’s ugly head next year. Depending on a 39 year old goalie is as smart as that contract we gave an unproven Koskinen and yes I know that was Chia. Hope our main tender doesn’t pull a groin. Lol......
Old 05-30-2021, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Yeah... LOLOLOLO Thats HORRIBLE!!! You are really running that up the flag pole?
"MountainTi.. Yeah we have 2 of the best players in the world and we just got jazz kicked by the the Winnipeg Jets who had lost most of their games heading into the playoffs. But yeah we have 2 of the best players..." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Things are rough in Oiler land...

The best thing that happened to your team was some serious idiots calling out Ethan Bear. It distracted the city and the team from the fact they utterly and completely failed with 2 of the best players on the planet!!! LOLOLOLOL I think you would be better off heading down to the arena and hoisting the Virtue flag up rather than this stuff... The biggest fail in Oiler history was just covered up... Nothing to see here folks.. Go look at the racist fans we have..

It makes you team look even worse. HOLY hell man. Admit it.. Your team sucks. They just shyt the bed against a borderline playoff team. As for us down south. We suck.... We know it. Best thing about this year for me was covid.. I didn't have to waste my $$ on season tickets... I might very well have hung myself having to pay and to watch those guys. YUCK!!
Old 05-30-2021, 11:31 AM

I’m an Oiler fan but definitely not the diehard I once was. The Edmonton fan base is an absolute joke and embarrassment but it goes part and parcel with the product we put on the ice every year. Your points are hard to argue against....
Old 05-30-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
I guess reading comprehension not being a high priority for you, I said you can lose a game, several games for that matter in the NHL playoffs and still win a series. How hard would it be to win the Cup if every game was a win or go home situation. I am not talking about how many teams compared to other sports, how many games played during the duration of the playoffs etc.
Still also waiting for your pro hockey resume as you seem to be a self proclaimed expert and quick to point out to others how little they know about the game.

You don't seem to understand the difference between winning 16 games thru 4 potential 7 games series (= potentially 28 games played), over 2+ months versus 2-3 total games played over 3 weeks. This eliminates a team getting hot for a short burst and winning all. Happens lots.

Not really my fault you can't grasp this and certainly not my fault that most sports sites, writers, etc say the same thing. Only the Soccer world cup comes close and that comes with qualifiers.

As for my credentials, you're in this post with lots to say. Where are yours? I'm entitled to my opinions, as are you, as are all others on all subjects. Usually becomes obvious pretty quickly who knows what about what. Plus my original comment was to YYC, a member who only comes on an outdoors forum to beak off about the Oilers. He your little brother or what?

If you prefer to discuss this further we can have a friendly chat via pm about the NHL, the 3 Canadian Jr leagues, USHL, AHL, European leagues, the players in each, teams, depth charts, system and undrafted prospects, Corsi, Fenwick, PDO and other advanced stats, their strengths and shortcomings, etc. We can compare who went where in hockey and where some of what I know comes from too if you like. I don't know it all by a long shot but I've got pretty decent depth on the subject.

Then you can tell me all about .264 chamberings. I know next to zip about them outside of the CM.
Old 05-30-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Two dumpster fires with different issues. The fact that we couldn’t do anything with all the first overalls makes the Oil the bigger dumpster fire. Just wait till the goalie issue looms it’s ugly head next year. Depending on a 39 year old goalie is as smart as that contract we gave an unproven Koskinen and yes I know that was Chia. Hope our main tender doesn’t pull a groin. Lol......

Betting one way or another that Koskinen isn't around to start next season.
Old 05-30-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Yeah... LOLOLOLO Thats HORRIBLE!!! You are really running that up the flag pole?
"MountainTi.. Yeah we have 2 of the best players in the world and we just got jazz kicked by the the Winnipeg Jets who had lost most of their games heading into the playoffs. But yeah we have 2 of the best players..." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Things are rough in Oiler land...

The best thing that happened to your team was some serious idiots calling out Ethan Bear. It distracted the city and the team from the fact they utterly and completely failed with 2 of the best players on the planet!!! LOLOLOLOL I think you would be better off heading down to the arena and hoisting the Virtue flag up rather than this stuff... The biggest fail in Oiler history was just covered up... Nothing to see here folks.. Go look at the racist fans we have..

It makes you team look even worse. HOLY hell man. Admit it.. Your team sucks. They just shyt the bed against a borderline playoff team. As for us down south. We suck.... We know it. Best thing about this year for me was covid.. I didn't have to waste my $$ on season tickets... I might very well have hung myself having to pay and to watch those guys. YUCK!!

All this from a Flames fan? Baha.

Its gone from "at least we made the playoffs" to " at least we didn't get beat in the playoffs."

You can't write this stuff. Goalposts on rails.
Old 05-30-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Betting one way or another that Koskinen isn't around to start next season.
Well I hope so but it should have happened prior to this year...
Old 05-30-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I’m an Oiler fan but definitely not the diehard I once was. The Edmonton fan base is an absolute joke and embarrassment but it goes part and parcel with the product we put on the ice every year. Your points are hard to argue against....

Edmonton fan base? You really should try living in the City of cows or Toronto bud. Biggest beakers for not having won anything since 1967 going.

Oilers aren't my #1 but for what they've accomplished over their existence vs Mootown there shouldn't even be a discussion. One of these teams is on the way up as well. The other has flat lined at best. Looking like junk for some considerable time at worst.

Last edited by 270person; 05-30-2021 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-30-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Well I hope so but it should have happened prior to this year...

His stats have been decent but he has a nasty habit of letting in a softie at exactly the wrong time for sure.

Chiarelli was a doofus.
Old 05-30-2021, 12:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
All this from a Flames fan? Baha.

Its gone from "at least we made the playoffs" to " at least we didn't get beat in the playoffs."

You can't write this stuff. Goalposts on rails.
You shouldn't have been beat. You guys have a good team. Stocked with some awesome players... It was 100% the biggest choke in Oiler history. I swear when those clowns started slamming Ethan bear the higher ups in the organization fell to their knees and screamed to the heavens.... THANK YOU SWEET BABBY JESUS FOR THE GIFT WE HAVE JUST RECEIVED.

But to have a so called Oiler fan try and shyt on Calgary because the oiler have 2 awesome players and Calgary and none just days after =getting thumped by a borderline team and swept out in the first round is laughable and extremely funny.. Keep em coming..
Old 05-30-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
You shouldn't have been beat. You guys have a good team. Stocked with some awesome players... It was 100% the biggest choke in Oiler history. I swear when those clowns started slamming Ethan bear the higher ups in the organization fell to their knees and screamed to the heavens.... THANK YOU SWEET BABBY JESUS FOR THE GIFT WE HAVE JUST RECEIVED.

But to have a so called Oiler fan try and shyt on Calgary because the oiler have 2 awesome players and Calgary and none just days after =getting thumped by a borderline team and swept out in the first round is laughable and extremely funny.. Keep em coming..

Why shouldn't they have been beat? Some of us predicted it. 4 awesome players and quite a few MEH's
actually but 4 is not a team and anyone who thought they were built for the playoffs was smoking the drapes and the carpet along with.

Good enough to be the best team in Alberta by a long shot but thats not saying much.

BUT AT LEAST THEY MADE THE PLAYOFFS. Scuse me while I plagarize Cowgary's mantra.
Old 05-30-2021, 02:27 PM

Winnipeg had a string of bad luck this year with key players missing down the stretch.
Most certainly not a borderline playoff team.
Most predicted them just under TO.
They are mended and have hit their stride again.
Very enjoyable to watch. Go jets!
Old 05-30-2021, 04:43 PM

Quote:

Don’t let your rose coloured glasses of Oilers hate cloud your judgment. I assume you know the game. Many predicted the flames to finish ahead of the Oilers. Most figured Winnipeg was a better team at the start of the season because they are. This wasn’t a choke. Sure they shouldn’t have been swept but if you talk to anyone that knows anything about the game Winnipeg winning was not a surprise at all. Inside the NHL I guarantee you 100 percent this was no surprise. Your choke story just doesn’t have much credibility because you know better too .
Old 05-30-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
You don't seem to understand the difference between winning 16 games thru 4 potential 7 games series (= potentially 28 games played), over 2+ months versus 2-3 total games played over 3 weeks. This eliminates a team getting hot for a short burst and winning all. Happens lots.

Not really my fault you can't grasp this and certainly not my fault that most sports sites, writers, etc say the same thing. Only the Soccer world cup comes close and that comes with qualifiers.

As for my credentials, you're in this post with lots to say. Where are yours? I'm entitled to my opinions, as are you, as are all others on all subjects. Usually becomes obvious pretty quickly who knows what about what. Plus my original comment was to YYC, a member who only comes on an outdoors forum to beak off about the Oilers. He your little brother or what?

If you prefer to discuss this further we can have a friendly chat via pm about the NHL, the 3 Canadian Jr leagues, USHL, AHL, European leagues, the players in each, teams, depth charts, system and undrafted prospects, Corsi, Fenwick, PDO and other advanced stats, their strengths and shortcomings, etc. We can compare who went where in hockey and where some of what I know comes from too if you like. I don't know it all by a long shot but I've got pretty decent depth on the subject.

Then you can tell me all about .264 chamberings. I know next to zip about them outside of the CM.
We can agree to disagree. You know what they say about opinions?
Old 05-30-2021, 07:59 PM

Default Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
Don’t let your rose coloured glasses of Oilers hate cloud your judgment. I assume you know the game. Many predicted the flames to finish ahead of the Oilers. Most figured Winnipeg was a better team at the start of the season because they are. This wasn’t a choke. Sure they shouldn’t have been swept but if you talk to anyone that knows anything about the game Winnipeg winning was not a surprise at all. Inside the NHL I guarantee you 100 percent this was no surprise. Your choke story just doesn’t have much credibility because you know better too .
I may disagree wit this fine fellow in the politics thread.... but he be spot friggin on in this here thread.

BEST case scenario predicted by most analysts this season was the Oil make the playoffs and maybe take one round.

Lots of predictions that the Flsmes would go deep.... challenge for the cup.

We’re pretty much on course in terms of progression I’d say...

It’s onwards and upwards for us

Not sure bout the boys down hwy 2 there.....
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 05-30-2021, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
Sporting News: Oilers;

Vegas: Oilers;

15 of 16 NHL.com Staff: Oilers;

13 of 16 Editors from ESPN: Oilers;

Bleacher Report: Oilers;

USA Today: Winnipeg;

TSN: Oilers, and, most telling of all,

AO Bracket: 12 of 13 picked the Oilers.

Think it's a bit of a reach to suggest the Oilers weren't the favorites. Maybe you'll be able to find some lone editor or offbeat sporting site that picked Winnipeg, but the vast majority of sporting outlets had the Oilers advancing to round two.

If it was so obvious to you that Winnipeg was going to win, I sure hope you won some serious coin!
Old 05-30-2021, 09:24 PM

It’s pretty obvious which team choked the ultimate of chokes this year.
One team even brought in an S tier goaltender to ensure cup success.....
Old 05-30-2021, 10:52 PM

Quote:

Whoa...I see I trigged you.
It's not a secret you're a devout flaming toilet seat fan, but yet you didn't spend a lot of time the the Flames thread. Why is that? You quit posting on there when it was apparent your team was going nowhere. Since then you have jumped onto the Oilers thread whenever they slipped, offering up your dead moose quips of intellect (not sure how he keeps these accounts straight). Keep it classy dm or jamie or whichever one you are today
Old 07-13-2021, 11:37 AM

Big trade in Oiler nation yesterday and no comments about it yet what do you oiler fans think about it good or bad.