Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask View Post
Ok so I am told , by someone who would know, that there were 19 people playing hockey.......per CPS “about 40’.

Now I wasn’t there but I had a tough time with the ‘about 40’ number right off the bat. Anyone ever play any 20 on 20 ?
Well actually ya, when we had excessive players at shinny as a kid we would take shifts. Like regular games would. But not all on the ice at the same time.

Quote:
Ok so I am told , by someone who would know, that there were 19 people playing hockey.......per CPS “about 40’.

Now I wasn’t there but I had a tough time with the ‘about 40’ number right off the bat. Anyone ever play any 20 on 20 ?
Yes, but all of them could barely skate or handle a puck. It was like watching 40 Harvey the Hounds try to play hockey blindfolded.

Quote:

The likely rat tweeted that she "could clearly count 15".
5 over.
Count them.

Where's the face palm emoji?
Old 12-19-2020, 10:20 PM

Sounds like they were counting anyone in the park. Skateboarding walking by hanging out.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretohunt View Post
If only people would just do what they are told and not question authority, then the government would see that we are good subjects and we could have our freedoms back.
Man I’m with ya on that one. It just turns my stomach to hear if people snitching on other community members. Some people on here can’t seem to drop their pants and grab their ankles quick enough.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Love how they've got a screenshot of the rat's tweet.
Big chicken turd took it down and deleted her account.
Surprised she didn't leave it up so people could post their thanks to her for saving us all.
Wouldn't it be great if someone knew her and informed the people that she reported, so they could thank her for her concern?
Old 12-19-2020, 10:40 PM

Ocean was the one arrested

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=60-ghq...hNc8J8-bPQGyHE
Old 12-19-2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Wouldn't it be great if someone knew her and informed the people that she reported, so they could thank her for her concern?
I'm assuming she got alot of negative feedback, hence the deleted account.
Hope that's the case anyway.
Calling the cops on 15 people playing hockey.
You know she was just sitting there all day too, oh, there's 8, now 9, argggg! a family of six just showed up, there are 15 people out there now, where's my phone!!
Old 12-19-2020, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
The requirement is under CMOH Order 42-2020, part 7, point 38. It is enacted and enforced by the public health act. It is clear they were in contravention of this order.

https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/4ccc...er-42-2020.pdf
Section 24(e) would seem to preclude the guy in question from wearing a mask.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
The requirement is under CMOH Order 42-2020, part 7, point 38. It is enacted and enforced by the public health act. It is clear they were in contravention of this order.

https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/4ccc...er-42-2020.pdf
They clearly may not have been. If ten people are walking down the sidewalk downtown, can they all be fined, participating in an outdoor group activity? Of course not. This is no different. So, unless you know with utmost certainty that their personal group was greater than 10 and they weren't social distancing, it would seem you're stating your opinion as fact.

Even Nenshi said, “If there are other people on the rink, you don’t have to go home, but you shouldn’t really start lots of big games of pick-up hockey with people around you."
Old 12-19-2020, 11:18 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Yes....thankfully this never......happens on......Cold Lake......
Ice is still too thin or not at all.....but you are all welcome to gather on it....promise there will be no head count needed....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-19-2020, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Ice is still too thin or not at all.....but you are all welcome to gather on it....promise there will be no head count needed....
Thanks for the tip.....I plan....on chasing lakers.....in the new.....year....lol.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:23 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Thanks for the tip.....I plan....on chasing lakers.....in the new.....year....lol.
Yup that's gonna be a blast too

Old 12-19-2020, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Yup that's gonna be a blast too
Unless of course, they have come up with a rule against sitting by yourself on a frozen lake by that point.

In which case I take it you feel that we should all just happily comply, and if approached by a police officer for engaging in such a serious crime we should all just do as the agents of enforcement demand? To do otherwise would just be sooo self centered, if we were kneed in the groin and physically assaulted as a result I suppose it would be well deserved.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:38 PM

Quote:
This brings up an interesting thought. What has the higher mortality rate, from Covid or being tased and tacked by police. I have a feeling the latter is more lethal.
Spot on!
Old 12-19-2020, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Wouldn't that be nice?
I'm sure she would be grateful.

I googled Dlo168, she's a Calgary artist that has taken down most of her online stuff.
Still a couple sites with her X-rated art on display.
Perhaps she got the hint and will now pay more attention to her canvas...

Last edited by CBintheNorth; 12-19-2020 at 11:46 PM.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
This book should be required reading during the pandemic.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/0062303023/..._axP3FbPBHQJ52

Ordinary Men is the true story of Reserve Police Battalion 101 of the German Order Police, which was responsible for mass shootings as well as round-ups of Jewish people for deportation to Nazi death camps in Poland in 1942. Browning argues that most of the men of RPB 101 were not fanatical Nazis but, rather, ordinary middle-aged, working-class men who committed these atrocities out of a mixture of motives, including the group dynamics of conformity, deference to authority, role adaptation, and the altering of moral norms to justify their actions.
That is a good book, did that 3-4 wks ago. The audiobook is actually on You Tube now. Some definite parallels to what is happening now in some respects. Lot of candidates around that could've enlisted in the ORPA or the SD.

The fella that did that book has a few vids on YT where he does seminars about it.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
Unless of course, they have come up with a rule against sitting by yourself on a frozen lake by that point.

In which case I take it you feel that we should all just happily comply, and if approached by a police officer for engaging in such a serious crime we should all just do as the agents of enforcement demand? To do otherwise would just be sooo self centered, if we were kneed in the groin and physically assaulted as a result I suppose it would be well deserved.
I hope it won't come to that but if it does guess I will stay home, check out the local buy and sell for more deals on outdoor gear etc and as soon as the restrictions are lifted I will be very well prepared to get back at it.

Old 12-19-2020, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
They clearly may not have been. If ten people are walking down the sidewalk downtown, can they all be fined, participating in an outdoor group activity? Of course not. This is no different. So, unless you know with utmost certainty that their personal group was greater than 10 and they weren't social distancing, it would seem you're stating your opinion as fact.

Even Nenshi said, “If there are other people on the rink, you don’t have to go home, but you shouldn’t really start lots of big games of pick-up hockey with people around you."
Everyone except Ocean left the ice once the cops showed up. They told him he was in contravention of the health code and would be getting a ticket for it, all while he is the only one on the ice.
Also, I'd love to see their proof that he orchestrated the gathering.

That ticket won't even make it to court.
What a waste of resources.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urcayuse View Post
Some people on here can’t seem to drop their pants and grab their ankles quick enough.
Ain't that the truth...
Old 12-19-2020, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Ah, but at least you are discerning enough to realize there is a Brown Shirt Party!

Just wait till vaccines become mandatory, then it's really going to get interesting. In a really bad way.
You better believe it’s going to get bad. I don’t think it’s going to take that long. By the end of this holiday season the rat line will be red hot and glowing from steady use.

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 12-19-2020, 11:56 PM

Quote:
I hope it won't come to that but if it does guess I will stay home, check out the local buy and sell for more deals on outdoor gear etc and as soon as the restrictions are lifted I will be very well prepared to get back at it.
You actually make me physically ill. Congratulations, I have a pretty strong stomach.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
You actually make me feel physically ill.
Was not my intentions hope you mend up.

Old 12-19-2020, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Was not my intentions hope you mend up.
Lol, impressive, you're a natural.
Old 12-20-2020, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Apparently someone wanted the video to disappear, so it's gone. Any guesses as to who wanted it removed?
That right there is the SCARY part of all this...think about it.

We are under complete and utter Government/Police control and we are losing our civil liberties and freedoms our relatives fought and died for.

I will not cower.
Old 12-20-2020, 12:10 AM

Papers please! History is repeating it's self... Pretty sad what we have become as animals. There is no justification for what is going on in Canada with our legal and healthcare system. Before you comment I'm in the middle of the healthcare system and it's sickening. We all as Canadians should be GOD Dammed embarrassed!!
Go a head and ban me for that comment! The truth hurts. Good Lord people,,,And I mean any Lord you believe in. WAKE UP
We are all in this together. Combine, Confront topple and win!! My rant waiting for my hammer before I post on You Tube.

Mods , I apologize. Do what you feel is right.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 12-20-2020, 06:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
Papers please! History is repeating it's self... Pretty sad what we have become as animals. There is no justification for what is going on in Canada with our legal and healthcare system. Before you comment I'm in the middle of the healthcare system and it's sickening. We all as Canadians should be GOD Dammed embarrassed!!
Go a head and ban me for that comment! The truth hurts. Good Lord people,,,And I mean any Lord you believe in. WAKE UP
We are all in this together. Combine, Confront topple and win!! My rant waiting for my hammer before I post on You Tube.

Mods , I apologize. Do what you feel is right.
I'd post what I really think we should do but I don't want the Gestapo knocking on my door.
Old 12-20-2020, 06:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
You should really follow your signature line. Because in your case your are missing the "m"
Old 12-20-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Love how they've got a screenshot of the rat's tweet.
Big chicken turd took it down and deleted her account.
Surprised she didn't leave it up so people could post their thanks to her for saving us all.
Of course, she took it down. Have you not met the internet? They likely started receiving death threats from the keyboard crazies out there. Pretty dumb on their part to tweet that.
Old 12-20-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
Of course, she took it down. Have you not met the internet? They likely started receiving death threats from the keyboard crazies out there. Pretty dumb on their part to tweet but WS shouldn't have posted it knowing full well how nuts people are these days.
If she tweets it, as if she is proud of what she has done, of course they should post it. If her business suffers because of this, she has only herself to blame.