Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-28-2018, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Yeah, he may have to pack lunches for a couple practices to cover that fine.....but at least it's something. I get tired of every team hacking Johnny in the hands. Intent to injure is not good hockey. Play hard, play fair, and respect the other guy and his career.
JohnnyG isn't the only awesome player getting this done to him..Seriously the league has to send a HARSH message to these thugs that slash, hack and hold up the elite players.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
There was a time that the whole team would have stuck up for him. Hockey has changed and not for the better. There must be some middle ground!
There was a time when guys didn’t act like soccer players as well. Little Johnny is a known diver around the league. Divers never got any backing, just ask Claude Lemieux ! Flames fans will never see that side of him but it has become obvious to non Flames fans. It was said before on 960 The Fan “ Johnny is too Soft.”
Old 12-29-2018, 11:08 AM
Banned

Default McDiver is soft too

Flopping around and throwing his arms in the air along with a coach who whines. Each team has one.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
There was a time when guys didn’t act like soccer players as well. Little Johnny is a known diver around the league. Divers never got any backing, just ask Claude Lemieux ! Flames fans will never see that side of him but it has become obvious to non Flames fans. It was said before on 960 The Fan “ Johnny is too Soft.”
Yeah, smashed hands/Broken bones/special equipment are from being soft. That was a nasty 2 hander to a unprotected portion of his body. Haters going to hate. Me, I just will sit back and watch the magic. Grateful everyday that "Softy" is on our team. Oh wait, he is also on the Allstar team this year AGAIN.. I believe he has made it EACH AND EVERY YEAR he has been in the league. What a *****CAT.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:33 AM

Rittich is starting!!
Old 12-29-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I wish everyone was tough enough so that two handing could be a free for all.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Yeah, smashed hands/Broken bones/special equipment are from being soft. That was a nasty 2 hander to a unprotected portion of his body. Haters going to hate. Me, I just will sit back and watch the magic. Grateful everyday that "Softy" is on our team. Oh wait, he is also on the Allstar team this year AGAIN.. I believe he has made it EACH AND EVERY YEAR he has been in the league. What a *****CAT.
Not a hater at all, just an observer. Didn’t say it wasn’t a bad slash either. Boy That Cried Wolf comes to mind when people wonder why his teammates didn’t come to the rescue, that’s all. You can be a great player and a soft player at the same time. You can be a good fan and have blinders on at the same time as well !
Old 12-29-2018, 12:25 PM

Well considering that slash came with only seconds left in the game, and Buff was in the box the rest of the game didn't leave a lot of time to stand up for him. Now I'm not sure we have the player to take Big Buff on to "Payback".
But after the final whistle Tkachuck went and had words, it's not like it went un-noticed.
If you as a non flames fan can't see he gets slashed at to try and slow him down, well that's your problem. He has had broken bones from being whacked, I guess was just over reacting.
Go Flames tonight I hope we come up for an answer to Petterson. Man that kid is good.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
Well considering that slash came with only seconds left in the game, and Buff was in the box the rest of the game didn't leave a lot of time to stand up for him. Now I'm not sure we have the player to take Big Buff on to "Payback".
But after the final whistle Tkachuck went and had words, it's not like it went un-noticed.
If you as a non flames fan can't see he gets slashed at to try and slow him down, well that's your problem. He has had broken bones from being whacked, I guess was just over reacting.
Go Flames tonight I hope we come up for an answer to Petterson. Man that kid is good.
I know we don't have that type of firepower. With the way the rules are today, it will not be long till we lose one of the Stars and then the League will change. So, we cant stand up to guys like Buff.. Go run someone else. Catch that Goalie with his down and put him into the 5th row. Don't really care how payback happens. Just make it happen. I am thinking thats how things may be taken care of as we move forward though the next few years.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:00 PM

I agree we need a tough guy that people know if you mess with our key guys your going to have to answer. I get today's NHL is different but is it really? Without a tough guy your stars get hammered.
Why doesn't McLovin get his hands broken? Cause they know if they do Lucic is going to hammer you.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
I agree we need a tough guy that people know if you mess with our key guys your going to have to answer. I get today's NHL is different but is it really? Without a tough guy your stars get hammered.
Why doesn't McLovin get his hands broken? Cause they know if they do Lucic is going to hammer you.
I am a big proponent of fighting in hockey. However that being said, I cant stand "staged" fights. It was a joke. I want passion and anger. I don't want 2 guys who slap each other on the Azz after its done and say "Good Job" screw that! They should be trying to get at each other all the way to the box. I think thats why I appreciate Bennett. To me, it looks like he is fighting because he is ticked off. Not because its his "Job". We need to find a new type of "Tough Guy"
Old 12-29-2018, 03:47 PM

There is example after example of situations indicating the tough guy deterrent is ineffective. Do you know who was on the ice for Boston when Savards career was ended? The reason is simple, the benefits of possibly furtherings ones career by such an action far outweigh the possible repercussion of getting hit, or possibly having to fight.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:54 PM

Game day for the Oilers and their thread is nowhere to be seen.

And yes, the Sharks are hammering them with the 3rd remaining.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post

Did it get deleted again?
Old 12-29-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
Did it get deleted again?
I think they are finally figuring out that a roster with 17 guys who average 7 goals a year isn't going to cut it.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:35 PM

And I see the Wild beat the Jets handily, so a chance to catch them now.

Go Flames!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-29-2018, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
There is example after example of situations indicating the tough guy deterrent is ineffective. Do you know who was on the ice for Boston when Savards career was ended? The reason is simple, the benefits of possibly furtherings ones career by such an action far outweigh the possible repercussion of getting hit, or possibly having to fight.
Start making the other team, not the exact player pay for transgressions and things will change. Players can not trust the Refs to protect them. Though they try, they don't catch everything and sometimes 2 minutes isn't enough to make up for the damage done.

Patrick Laine should have paid the price for Buff being stupid. Do that enough times and things will settle down.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:

I guess we should pop over and say hi...
Though Bessie's house was probably blown away in that wind.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:03 PM

Go Canucks Go
Old 12-29-2018, 05:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishunter327 View Post
Go Canucks Go
Really????????

Ok, who let the stinky dog into the house?

Anyhow, a win tonight and a bit of luck from the hockey Gods and we could be in 3rd over all after tonight.
Old 12-29-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I get what your saying and don't disagree, but you can't tell me teams with a lack of an enforcer, the key players are not slashed and cheep shots and such, more than say a team that has a couple of tough guys on it.
May not be ideal but it makes a player think twice before two handing someone.
Old 12-29-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I guess we should pop over and say hi...
Though Bessie's house was probably blown away in that wind.
I hope he is up to his eyeballs in ELK.
Old 12-29-2018, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not a hater at all, just an observer. Didn’t say it wasn’t a bad slash either. Boy That Cried Wolf comes to mind when people wonder why his teammates didn’t come to the rescue, that’s all. You can be a great player and a soft player at the same time. You can be a good fan and have blinders on at the same time as well !
Your name says it all
Old 12-29-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
And I see the Wild beat the Jets handily, so a chance to catch them now.

Go Flames!
I see big Buff left the game with an injury. Karma is a B***H!!!!!
Old 12-29-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I see big Buff left the game with an injury. Karma is a B***H!!!!!
Gee, that's too bad. *cough*

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-29-2018, 08:25 PM

Default Flames

These guys don’t shoot enough.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:36 PM

Janko with a shorty!!!! WOW lot's of short handed goals this year.

Default Flames

Wowser.

Jankowski with another shortie to tie the game!! Whooop!!

Old 12-29-2018, 08:41 PM

Well that's a bull**** call....how is that not a delayed penalty/goal??