Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I agree the Oilers Managment have been a large failure for a lonnng time .But I also know they have consistently traded away top talent and never seem to profit from it. Keep your top talent and get rid of the hangers on . If the drug lord is serious about winning he might have to dig a bit deeper and pay out the over sized contracts his management team signed up and start over with someone who knows how to build a team.

Getting rid of you best players to get some okay players is like selling a new gmc to get a couple of miled up fords ..(I'm a gm guy)
Yes they have had a history of trading something and get nothing in return. Bad business....
Old 03-03-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Hey now. It's not polite to disturb a Flames fan when they have the Do Not Disturb sign up. Which is most of the time.

I'd swear AO has become a second refuge for the hockey scholars on Calgary Puck at times.

Old 03-03-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
I'd bet a team like Carolina would give up their first round pick for the next four years, Aho, Niederreiter, Faulk and maybe even Teraveinen also to have McDavid.
So, you think Carolina would essentially trade their entire first line, one of their top four Dmen, and four 1st round picks for McDavid? Maybe you should just see if Tampa will trade Point, Stamkos, Kucherov, and only one 1st for McDavid?
Old 03-03-2019, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
We..... are..... 7......points away from a playoff spot.

10 points out of third.

17-18 games left.

Meaningful games in March kiddies..... meaningful games in March.

Regardless of the how or why...... we are still in the race. And the schedule ahead gives us more than a chance to make the dance.

I think the fact that we’re here.... is a prime opportunity to flip the script. I believe that the locker room/back room troubles will now be secondary for this last stretch.... why..?

Cause many on this squad may never ever get a fututre shot at the dance.
That motivates.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aCF5aDCuz4Y
Yah...... I posted this before.... but I’m trying to inspire the troops here. And this is how I roll man.

Go Oil!
Never quit till the miracle!!!
Old 03-03-2019, 05:36 PM

Default Feh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Oh Bessie......

I'll pull this off quickly, no you aren't. Same number of points, less teams to jump to get to last in the conference though.

Hrumph to you naysayer!

Just u wait!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 03-03-2019, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:

10 points out of third.

17-18 games left.

Regardless of the how or why...... we are still in the race. And the schedule ahead gives us more than a chance to make the dance.

I think the fact that we’re here.... is a prime opportunity to flip the script. I believe that the locker room/back room troubles will now be secondary for this last stretch.... why..?

That motivates.

Yah...... I posted this before.... but I’m trying to inspire the troops here. And this is how I roll man.

Go Oil!
Don't stop believing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs&app=desktop
Old 03-03-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:

10 points out of third.

17-18 games left.

That motivates.

Go Oil!
No quit. If there’s a chance then let’s roll with it. Meaningful hockey is good hockey!

BW
Old 03-03-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Hrumph to you naysayer!

Just u wait!
Even if you do make it, would it be worth it, just to get swept by Calgary?
Old 03-03-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
No quit. If there’s a chance then let’s roll with it. Meaningful hockey is good hockey!

BW
>>
Absolutely!!! Let run the table guys
Old 03-03-2019, 07:20 PM

Default Never!

Quote:
Oh..... I give us a 47.3% chance of taking you guys out in the first round.

But we’ll 100% get at least 2 games off of you.

Playoffs baby!

We’ll see you there. I’d even drove up to Calgary for a BOA meet n greet at some place on the red mile where a fellah good get a good steak n a Crown.

My forecast for April is Hot Hot Oil n Flamers HOT!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 03-04-2019, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Oh..... I give us a 47.3% chance of taking you guys out in the first round.

But we’ll 100% get at least 2 games off of you.

Playoffs baby!

We’ll see you there. I’d even drove up to Calgary for a BOA meet n greet at some place on the red mile where a fellah good get a good steak n a Crown.

My forecast for April is Hot Hot Oil n Flamers HOT!
Big talk for a fan of a team with what 2% or less chance of making the playoffs vs a team with about 100%. Lmao
Old 03-04-2019, 12:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post
Big talk for a fan of a team with what 2% or less chance of making the playoffs vs a team with about 100%. Lmao
Awesome talk from the worlds best (And most misguided) SUPER FAN.

Bessie makes this thread, how can you not love him?
Old 03-04-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Maybe Calgary should just focus on winning a single playoff game since they haven't won in the post season since 2015. Or focus on winning a round since they have only done that once since 2004. I wouldn't be talking about sweeping anyone including the lowly Oilers.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Maybe Calgary should just focus on winning a single playoff game since they haven't won in the post season since 2015. Or focus on winning a round since they have only done that once since 2004. I wouldn't be talking about sweeping anyone including the lowly Oilers.
Umm, that's why we swept you, cause we are focus, honed, ready to go!
Old 03-04-2019, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Umm, that's why we swept you, cause we are focus, honed, ready to go!
Well the Flames have never swept the Oilers in the playoffs ( that doesn’t go both ways). You are talking in the past tense like it already happened. Flames better focus on winning the first game for your fragile goaltenders and go from there, regardless of who they end up playing in the 1st round.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Well the Flames have never swept the Oilers in the playoffs ( that doesn’t go both ways). You are talking in the past tense like it already happened. Flames better focus on winning the first game for your fragile goaltenders and go from there, regardless of who they end up playing in the 1st round.
Past tense, just trying to speak your language......

Don't insult Dave like that, we only have one fragile goaltender and I think every single person on the planet knows it, except for Peters and possibly you. Seeing as I just informed you though, we're down to just one guy.

Any thoughts on that? Rittich has more wins, less GA, more saves, better SA%, and lower GAA. I know, lets start Smith for 8 of the last 10. I know the team didn't play great on Saturday, but I'd say he was directly responsible for half the goals.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Past tense, just trying to speak your language......

Don't insult Dave like that, we only have one fragile goaltender and I think every single person on the planet knows it, except for Peters and possibly you. Seeing as I just informed you though, we're down to just one guy.

Any thoughts on that? Rittich has more wins, less GA, more saves, better SA%, and lower GAA. I know, lets start Smith for 8 of the last 10. I know the team didn't play great on Saturday, but I'd say he was directly responsible for half the goals.
Sure, Dave's playoff record in the NHL speaks for itself..... I guess Roy won the 86 cup as a rookie..... Dave is at least as good as that guy.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:20 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:

BW
But there lies the problem....one player plays the rest coast....trust me I just watched live the Knights simply destroy my Canucks....hurt even more live but like the oilers the Canucks had one player going the rest coasting.....and yup just a bunch of excuses piled up.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-04-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
But there lies the problem....one player plays the rest coast....trust me I just watched live the Knights simply destroy my Canucks....hurt even more live but like the oilers the Canucks had one player going the rest coasting.....and yup just a bunch of excuses piled up.....
If you’d have watched the oils last 4 or 5 games, there’s not much coasting....from anyone. Pretty solid effort through out the team. And it’s showing in the scoring department now.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Sure, Dave's playoff record in the NHL speaks for itself..... I guess Roy won the 86 cup as a rookie..... Dave is at least as good as that guy.
So by that logic, that's why we're sweeping you, Smith has lots of playoff experience and Koskinen has none.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
If you’d have watched the oils last 4 or 5 games, there’s not much coasting....from anyone. Pretty solid effort through out the team. And it’s showing in the scoring department now.
Don't know if it's coincidence, but they do seem to be playing better since Gagner joined the team.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Don't know if it's coincidence, but they do seem to be playing better since Gagner joined the team.
Yes. Sams just happy to be in the nhl again. It shows.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
So by that logic, that's why we're sweeping you, Smith has lots of playoff experience and Koskinen has none.
I don't think the Flames are sweeping anybody and if they go in with your attitude then it will be a repeat of the 2017 playoffs.

If you can't realize (because most other Flames fans do) that the Flames 1 area of concern going into the playoffs is your goaltending then I don't know what to tell you. Smith has lots of experience but has cracked under pressure and has a habit of failing to make the next big save. BSD has played well this year but like you said hasn't received a lot of confidence building in the last 10 games after having a couple stinker performances. The Flames have lots of offence and 1 of the best d-cores in the league, but goaltending could be an issue. I will go as far to say if the Monahan line gets going, Neal wakes up, and Smith or BSD stands on his head, the Flames may be the only team in the west that can match offence and defense with Tampa and defend against their power play.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
The Flames game coming up in Vegas will be interesting...our boys better start getting serious.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:07 PM

You flames fans are sure doing a lot of squawking on the Oilers thread.

Sound like a bunch of nervous hens!

BW
Old 03-04-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
You flames fans are sure doing a lot of squawking on the Oilers thread.

Sound like a bunch of nervous hens!

BW
You’re out of your clucking mind...what the cluck would us clucking Flames fans have to clucking worry about except for clucking Smith!!!!

Cluck
Old 03-04-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
......... the Flames 1 area of concern going into the playoffs is your goaltending then I don't know what to tell you. Smith has lots of experience but has cracked under pressure and has a habit of failing to make the next big save. BSD has played well this year but like you said hasn't received a lot of confidence building in the last 10 games after having a couple stinker performances. The Flames have lots of offence and 1 of the best d-cores in the league, but goaltending could be an issue. I will go as far to say if the Monahan line gets going, Neal wakes up, and Smith or BSD stands on his head, the Flames may be the only team in the west that can match offence and defense with Tampa and defend against their power play.
That's how I see it. And why I squawked about Smith before the season even started, and incessantly since then. Makes my stomach hurt. You never know which Smith is going to be playing any given game. You can't tell me that doesn't have a very negative effect on the team playing in front of him, wondering what kind of game they can play or not play, depending on Leaky's form.....tough one. It's too bad there were no goalies available at the deadline that looked tempting...either too much coin, or too long in the tooth. So, here we go......

BTW, that was a nice whipping the Oilers laid on Columbus the other day, very impressed.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-04-2019, 05:12 PM

Bam! 41
Old 03-04-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Bam! 41
Shorty to boot!

BW
Old 03-04-2019, 05:15 PM

Damn. Lazy play by Larsson.

BW