Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2020, 08:47 PM

Looks like the whole flames team was suspended for one game.LOL

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
I wasn't going to bring that up but I did take the time to watch a few of Keith's battles on you tube today. Maybe Matthew is adopted or is more of a momma's boy. Maybe Brady got all Dad's courage. Who knows?
I did the same yesterday. Didn’t want to compare Keith to his son as there is nothing to compare. Keith was all grit. Turtlechuck couldn’t carry his dads gear bag. His little bro is more man than Turtlechuck ever will be.

BW
Old 01-13-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
And when will payoff hockey ever to come to Edmonton again? About the only way to put Edmonton and come playoff hockey words in the same sentence.
Made it to game 7 of second round couple years ago. How about calgreee? Or is that going too far back? I'm unsure of how far back in playoff history one is allowed to go with a flamers fan
Old 01-13-2020, 09:07 PM

What’s the score in Montreal? Was turtlechucky ok? Did he play? Was he concussed the other night?

BW
Old 01-13-2020, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Spoken like a fan whose team hasn't had ..uh..much playoff success...lol
Yup, it's been a long 40 years for sure. I try and keep it in perspective....they get paid to play, I don't get paid to cheer. When they suck, they suck.

And Oilers fans haven't had it much better for the last 30 years have they? Hardly seems worth the effort to get intense over.

I just like the side bets with Bessie.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-13-2020, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Made it to game 7 of second round couple years ago. How about calgreee? Or is that going too far back? I'm unsure of how far back in playoff history one is allowed to go with a flamers fan
That's right, only time since 06. I think Calgary's been in 6 times over the same period, but who's counting?

Keep those memories close to your heart though, blue moons don't come along that often.

I was looking forward and asking when they'll come again, you know, the blue moon thingy
Old 01-13-2020, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Looks like the whole flames team was suspended for one game.LOL
Hey don't insult their goalie with that remark.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Yup, it's been a long 40 years for sure. I try and keep it in perspective....they get paid to play, I don't get paid to cheer. When they suck, they suck.

And Oilers fans haven't had it much better for the last 30 years have they? Hardly seems worth the effort to get intense over.
Most likely why fans of both teams are so edgy. 40ish years is a long time
Old 01-13-2020, 10:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
What’s the score in Montreal? Was turtlechucky ok? Did he play? Was he concussed the other night?

BW
Les mighty (lol) Habs laid down the tabersmack on the Flames.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:17 PM

Legendary!

Link

Flames likely won't let them do it, but funny stuff.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Legendary!

Link

Well!!!!!!
I’ll just have to start one for pics of kass with the hammer cocked back in Calgary!!!! Lol
Old 01-13-2020, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Legendary!

Link

That's awesome. Another link to chuckie turtles getting rag dolled by a guy in the same weight class. Just can't see that enough.
Thanks. Feel free to add it to the oilers thread as well. I'm sure others would enjoying watching that clip.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Legendary!

Link

Please make sure that the number on his jersey is visible so we know who he is. No one can recognize him with both hands protecting his face.

Turtle, turtle, rah, rah, rah.......
Old 01-14-2020, 02:07 AM
Banned

Seems the NHL thought MT was good. In fact they insinuated that Zack was a coward. I was kinda shocked by the whole thing really... Watch the Player Safety video. They are not happy with him.

Some points I never really thought of.
Any how. 2 games until the next time he losses his cool and costs his team a game.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Seems the NHL thought MT was good. In fact they insinuated that Zack was a coward. I was kinda shocked by the whole thing really... Watch the Player Safety video. They are not happy with him.

Any how. 2 games until the next time he losses his cool and costs his team a game.
Cheap shots, charging etc. not called by refs. NHL got it wrong. Most that know hockey will agree. Problem was Turdle boy. And he will get tuned if not by the oilers will be another team. Players dont like that kind of crap.

On another note looks like all the flames were suspended in their first game after. Bet a lot of his team mates didnt like his antics. Didnt he go quiet after last years episode?

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post

Word is Chucky got a call from the league regarding his hits and antics too.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...-hits-kassian/
Old 01-14-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
Word is Chucky got a call from the league regarding his hits and antics too.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...-hits-kassian/
Word is Mark Spector is a bigger homer than Eric Francis and anything he says regarding the Oilers must be taken with a grain of salt. I seriously doubt the league is tweeting that they were good, clean, legal hits, than calling the player telling him not to make them.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Word is Mark Spector is a bigger homer than Eric Francis and anything he says regarding the Oilers must be taken with a grain of salt. I seriously doubt the league is tweeting that they were good, clean, legal hits, than calling the player telling him not to make them.
I like Chucky he’s entertaining to say the least but he is not a God as Flames fans like to think. It would not surprise me if he received a warning form the league. NHL wants those hits gone that’s no secret. Time will tell. Like it or not even a clean hit can be dirty.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Cheap shots, charging etc. not called by refs. NHL got it wrong.
Nope, nope, and nope. Like a guy charging the net with the puck must be stick checked only. You honestly think you know better than a committee of ex players, coaches, GMs, refs, etc., assembled by the NHL, who are paid to review, from all angles/every camera, in slow motion, over and over and over again, and then discuss for hours, who likely literally helped write the rule book?
Old 01-14-2020, 09:53 AM

Is it just me, or does signing Backstrom to a 5 year, $9.2M annual cap hit, seem a bit high? I like the player, and he is good, but he'll turn 33 shortly after this kicks in.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Is it just me, or does signing Backstrom to a 5 year, $9.2M annual cap hit, seem a bit high? I like the player, and he is good, but he'll turn 33 shortly after this kicks in.
Kinda what I thought as well. Future buyout?
Old 01-14-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
.95 ppg over his last contract where he was underpaid fairly significantly. Looks like they want to keep him in DC for life while he dishes the biscuit to the greatest goal scorer to play the game.

It'll be very interesting to watch the next BoA. I expect to see Kassian picking on 13 and 23 and blaming their teammate for the treatment. Lucic will obviously step in, but he isn't the presence he used to be, physically or in terms of skill (by a wide margin).
Old 01-14-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Kinda what I thought as well. Future buyout?
Read a bit more about it. Seems like he has a no movement clause for the first 3 years then a 15-team no-trade clause in the final two years. So it would seem, grin and bear it (maybe he'll still be productive then, who knows), retain salary and trade, or buyout.

I could see him putting up 30-40 points as a 38 year old, pretty good, but not $9.2M good. Not my money.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Probably too long. Too high? Who knows where salaries are headed these days. He sure set Ovie up for a ton of his goals. Good player, a bit under the radar.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:42 AM

What Tkachuk did is of concern. It's not even the hit so much as what followed. You can't go through life living like that. The fact there was no penalty is beside the point. There are consequences to your actions both on and off the ice.

Kassian got a head shot earlier in the game and nothing was called. The second time was a reaction to that. I think he figured out that he had to take care of this himself. It's remarkable that given the pounding he administered
not one of Tkachuk's team mates jumped in to help. The captain was on ice at the time.

My concern is what is going on in the room? My bet is Lucy is going to give the kid a talking too. Lucy knows the rules of engagement.

Jordan Tootoo played that kid of game. He didn't have the game Tkachuk has but he was basically banished from the game. He tried to injure guys with every hit. I remember Kelly giving it to him good on HNIC. He worked his way back into the league but he was never the same guy.

I'm ok with a hard hit. It's part of the game - but not respecting a fellow player when he is vulnerable is not respected by any player in the game including the Flames.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post

It'll be very interesting to watch the next BoA. I expect to see Kassian picking on 13 and 23 and blaming their teammate for the treatment. Lucic will obviously step in, but he isn't the presence he used to be, physically or in terms of skill (by a wide margin).
If that happens, I wonder how Oilers fans are gonna feel when Looch and Rinaldo and Hamonic and Andersen start getting physical with McDavid and Draisaitl....? It's an interesting equation being made here. Tkuchuk targets and runs a plug face puncher and predator like Kassian,giving him back some of his own medicine, so Kassian should retaliate by targeting skill players who never touched him. Hmmm.

By all means he should go after Tkuchuk again. And again. He should rack up penalties and suspensions until he 'gets him' and is satisfied. Tkuchuk certainly is asking for it.

If he targets 13 and 23....well, I guess 97 is fair game too, right?

Strange math.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-14-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperdodge View Post
What Tkachuk did is of concern. It's not even the hit so much as what followed. You can't go through life living like that. The fact there was no penalty is beside the point. There are consequences to your actions both on and off the ice.

Kassian got a head shot earlier in the game and nothing was called. The second time was a reaction to that. I think he figured out that he had to take care of this himself. It's remarkable that given the pounding he administered
not one of Tkachuk's team mates jumped in to help. The captain was on ice at the time.

My concern is what is going on in the room? My bet is Lucy is going to give the kid a talking too. Lucy knows the rules of engagement.

Jordan Tootoo played that kid of game. He didn't have the game Tkachuk has but he was basically banished from the game. He tried to injure guys with every hit. I remember Kelly giving it to him good on HNIC. He worked his way back into the league but he was never the same guy.

I'm ok with a hard hit. It's part of the game - but not respecting a fellow player when he is vulnerable is not respected by any player in the game including the Flames.
I agree with much of what you're saying, but Jordin Tootoo had a fraction of Tkachuk's skill. He also backed up his hits.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:50 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
If that happens, I wonder how Oilers fans are gonna feel when Looch and Rinaldo and Hamonic and Andersen start getting physical with McDavid and Draisaitl....? It's an interesting equation being made here. Tkuchuk targets and runs a plug face puncher and predator like Kassian,giving him back some of his own medicine, so Kassian should retaliate by targeting skill players who never touched him. Hmmm.

By all means he should go after Tkuchuk again. And again. He should rack up penalties and suspensions until he 'gets him' and is satisfied. Tkuchuk certainly is asking for it.

Strange math.
it's the game within the game.....and we will never know cuz we are fans...heck even players just never know....things just happen....I say the kid will get a real bad tuning or injured when someone just blows a gasket....tic..toc..tic..toc..

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-14-2020, 10:56 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

Strange math.
I really can't see much of the retaliation happening on either side, the Oilers know what they're up against... the Flames players are embarrassed and the hockey world all know what Chuckie is about......
Old 01-14-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:

Strange math.
It could very well happen. Why not? If you haven't seen a tough guy go after a skilled player who didn't touch him in retaliation for something that took place in a previous game, you haven't seen a ton of hockey.

For every tough guy the Flames have, the Oilers have an equally tough guy that can actually play the game. Kassian has more goals than Lucic and Rinaldo have points, combined. Nurse and Khaira can also play.

I doubt it turns into an absolute gongshow, but who knows? We will have to wait a few weeks to know for sure.