Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-12-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
They were are clean hockey hits. Why should Chucky have to answer the bell with a guy out of his weight class after a good hit?
Doubt they can explain that, just upset that they lost. Thankfully their coach gets it at least.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:38 PM

Default Flames

https://streamable.com/lztsq
After the first hit
Old 01-12-2020, 05:52 PM
Banned

Old 01-12-2020, 05:53 PM

All the Flamers say they were clean hits. Ok, that’s fine, but turn the tables and I’m pretty sure the narrative changes drastically.

I like what Upshall said. And, yes, targeting a guy who is in a battle with another guy is cheap, plain and simple. Especially when you take 5 solid strides before contact.

Hopefully Kass isn’t suspended for the rematch but in today’s NHL I don’t know.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:02 PM

Default Flames

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXwK9KOB5As

So, is this a clean hit then?
Old 01-12-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurly View Post

Buddy should have dropped the gloves , I'm sure Kass would have obliged .
Old 01-12-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:

Of course.

In all seriousness, I didn’t like the hit when I watched the game and I still don’t. Thought the Benning hit was great though.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:

The problem is not a clean hit vs a dirty hit.... the difference is if Dillon after the hit popped up and challenged Kassian to a fight, Kassian would have gladly "engaged". Or if Dillon wasn't up to task, Kassian would have fought whoever.

If Thachuk want to play that kind of game, I have no problem with it, also no problem with him hitting another player in a somewhat vulnerable position or targeting a particular player on the other team. The problem is when the other player says ok that enough of this back and forth crap, lets settle this the old fashion way, then you are expected to step up. Thachuk did not and turtled. That is why he is a coward and losing respect around the league at an alarming rate. Do think guys like Lucic or Rinaldo even want to defend that type of behavior? That is why they didn't step up, it had nothing do with the score or what Ward whispered in their ears.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
The problem is not a clean hit vs a dirty hit.... the difference is if Dillon after the hit popped up and challenged Kassian to a fight, Kassian would have gladly "engaged". Or if Dillon wasn't up to task, Kassian would have fought whoever.

If Thachuk want to play that kind of game, I have no problem with it, also no problem with him hitting another player in a somewhat vulnerable position or targeting a particular player on the other team. The problem is when the other player says ok that enough of this back and forth crap, lets settle this the old fashion way, then you are expected to step up. Thachuk did not and turtled. That is why he is a coward and losing respect around the league at an alarming rate. Do think guys like Lucic or Rinaldo even want to defend that type of behavior? That is why they didn't step up, it had nothing do with the score or what Ward whispered in their ears.
Totally agree.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:30 PM

Quote:

Yup!
No one on the flames side will stand up for turtle boy. The tough guys are not going to defend his behaviour. Turtle boy will get his and it will be nasty.

BW
Old 01-12-2020, 06:30 PM

X2
Old 01-12-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:

Except Kass didn’t challenge him to a fight. He grabbed him from behind. Now he might be unhappy with the results.didnt seem like tippet was too happy with him either. He cost his team the game.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Except Kass didn’t challenge him to a fight. He grabbed him from behind. Now he might be unhappy with the results.didnt seem like tippet was too happy with him either. He cost his team the game.
Watch the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owDK0bqIFP4

At the 0:10 mark they were face on when Kassian grab him and not a single punch had not been thrown yet. Thachuk then turned and tried to run away. Kassian had already dropped the gloves and was committed to a fight so he was getting a penalty anyways.... Thachuk is a coward!
Old 01-12-2020, 06:51 PM

Default Flames

Was that before or after the mcswirly crosscheck? Was he supposed to fight both.
He made the right choice. We won you lost, and Kass might lose a few more games for being the smartest guy on the ice.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Yup!
No one on the flames side will stand up for turtle boy. The tough guys are not going to defend his behaviour. Turtle boy will get his and it will be nasty.

BW
Lol and who is going to give him his? The same meathead that has tried to chase him down twice and has chucky living rent free in his head? I know it must be frustrating having your "tough guy" targeted by an all star but the fact of the matter is there wont be retribution because its the oilers that dont want that kind of game. If it comes down to warfare the fact of the matter is you have one player than runs your team and cant risk anything happening to him. Your so called tough guy got ten free punches and chucky was out the next shift.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Was that before or after the mcswirly crosscheck? Was he supposed to fight both.
He made the right choice. We won you lost, and Kass might lose a few more games for being the smartest guy on the ice.
And apparently that is all that matters to some Flames fan. It was a really great game, only thing missing was a good old fashion fight. Looking forward to the next one.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
Kassian says he’s a good player now because he has 13 goals. Ok, if you are a good hockey player then you should know to keep your head up. It doesn’t matter what Scottie Upshall said. They were are clean hockey hits. Why should Chucky have to answer the bell with a guy out of his weight class after a good hit? Drew a double minor and the Flames got the win. Say what you want, Kassian cost them the game. A bunch of salty Oiler fans.
I don't know about "out of his weight class", Kassian is around 6'3 215/Tkachuk 6'2 205, not much of a difference. I don't mind guys who like Tkachuk, play on the edge, however pretty much every other agitator in league the will actually answer the bell from time to time. Tkachuk, not so much. I'd much sooner see him actually drop the gloves and maybe lose a fight than have someone that doesn't have anything to lose (Marchment type) line him up for a career threatening head/knee shot.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Who wanted to know what Grapes would say about cheap shot artists? Ulf Samuelson used to take liberties against players all of the time and then turtle or run away just like Tkachuk. Here’s what Grapes had to say about him (the ending is cut off but Grapes offered the first $100 to someone that would give Ulf his due).

https://youtu.be/f2ICcPdzuf0

Here’s what eventually happened to Ulf. I guess that Domi took Grapes up on his offer.

https://youtu.be/ckcnbaqWqqI

I predict that something similar is going to happen to Turtle Tkachuk.
Love it and don’t need to watch it as I remember it
Old 01-12-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjolg123 View Post
Lol and who is going to give him his? The same meathead that has tried to chase him down twice and has chucky living rent free in his head? I know it must be frustrating having your "tough guy" targeted by an all star but the fact of the matter is there wont be retribution because its the oilers that dont want that kind of game. If it comes down to warfare the fact of the matter is you have one player than runs your team and cant risk anything happening to him. Your so called tough guy got ten free punches and chucky was out the next shift.
I never said it would be an Oiler. Post 2027 has it figured out.

BW
Old 01-12-2020, 09:45 PM

Well at least we know who’s gonna answer the bell for Rasmus Andersson’s comments come the 29th. Round two of speed bag punching.

https://youtu.be/fB9Bb7qmqHA
Old 01-12-2020, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
Well at least we know who’s gonna answer the bell for Rasmus Andersson’s comments come the 29th. Round two of speed bag punching.

https://youtu.be/fB9Bb7qmqHA
ahh yes Nurse, the other oiler than goes chasing guys after getting lit up on a clean hit lol Please thank him for running 20 seconds off the clock last night with his stone hands
Old 01-12-2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Watch the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owDK0bqIFP4

At the 0:10 mark they were face on when Kassian grab him and not a single punch had not been thrown yet. Thachuk then turned and tried to run away. Kassian had already dropped the gloves and was committed to a fight so he was getting a penalty anyways.... Thachuk is a coward!
Coward or very smart instigator? Bug the other enough to get a retaliatory penalty. Score on the power play and win the game. Seemed to be the outcome.

A smart player would of skated off and waited for a shot at payback with a solid legal check.

A poor player takes a stupid penalty.

Oilers need to play smarter. The team with their head in all aspects of the game will be a super power.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 01-12-2020, 10:40 PM

Quote:
ahh yes Nurse, the other oiler than goes chasing guys after getting lit up on a clean hit lol Please thank him for running 20 seconds off the clock last night with his stone hands
So does Rasmus back his mouth or is he part of the turtle herd ?
Old 01-12-2020, 10:41 PM

Someone’s Gona get him real bad soon and not a soul is Gona feel sorry for him. Hell.. look at when kas jumped him and GIO didn’t even try to help him..
Old 01-13-2020, 10:42 AM

Tkatchuk is a turtle, enough said. Although coward works too.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:43 AM

Good read.
https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...box=1578895590
Old 01-13-2020, 11:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Pretty much what everyone is thinking anyway except it's coming from experienced hockey players that know how the game is played.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:12 AM

Except for you know, the guy that got hit... and his coach.. that had no problem with the hit
Old 01-13-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Except for you know, the guy that got hit... and his coach.. that had no problem with the hit

Well they better watch it again because that first hit was dirrrrrty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
Well they better watch it again because that first hit was dirrrrrty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If dirrrrrrrty is code for my guy got lit up and i don't like it then i 100% agree.