Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2020, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenaturalwoodsman View Post
Clearly in the video you can see Tkachuk let up on kassian! He knows he is a goal scorer so he let up!
Yup, that's also part of the unwritten code.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Ooooooo, and a PM delivered to me by you that says "Go **** yourself"

Low post count due to poor communication skills maybe?

Sticks and stones my boy, sticks and stones. But try not to make it personal, I know you can do it if you try.
WOW...that esculated quickly...LOL

Come back and a ban....I see a PM that you recieved....Maybe i should check my inbox as well
Old 01-13-2020, 01:56 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Ooooooo, and a PM delivered to me by you that says "Go **** yourself"

Low post count due to poor communication skills maybe?

Sticks and stones my boy, sticks and stones. But try not to make it personal, I know you can do it if you try.
You do realize that around here, the contents of a PM are just that. "Private" ….right???......
Old 01-13-2020, 01:59 PM

This article written by an unbiased Toronto reporter.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/artic...dle-taking-one

quote from the article
"What’s the excuse now?” Kassian said. Well, perhaps the excuse is that it’s ridiculous to think a player should have to fight because he’s had the temerity to throw a couple of hard, clean checks. If anyone should have to answer for his actions, it was McDavid, who threw a dirty and potentially dangerous hit on Tkachuk from behind into the boards in response to the hit on Kassian. If you want to be outraged, the McDavid hit was the one that has no place in the game.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
You do realize that around here, the contents of a PM are just that. "Private" ….right???......
You do realize that choice would lie with those involved with the PM? Right??? Or is verbal abuse to be tolerated in some forms and not others? Is that part of an unwritten code? A right to privacy for verbal abuse perhaps?

Is it "better" if it was used in an open forum? Would the result have been any different?
Old 01-13-2020, 02:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
This article written by an unbiased Toronto reporter.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/artic...dle-taking-one

quote from the article
"What’s the excuse now?” Kassian said. Well, perhaps the excuse is that it’s ridiculous to think a player should have to fight because he’s had the temerity to throw a couple of hard, clean checks. If anyone should have to answer for his actions, it was McDavid, who threw a dirty and potentially dangerous hit on Tkachuk from behind into the boards in response to the hit on Kassian. If you want to be outraged, the McDavid hit was the one that has no place in the game.
Yup, that article link was included in post #1947. Kind of been crickets on that whole post since then
Old 01-13-2020, 02:21 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
You do realize that choice would lie with those involved with the PM? Right??? Or is verbal abuse to be tolerated in some forms and not others? Is that part of an unwritten code? A right to privacy for verbal abuse perhaps?

Is it "better" if it was used in an open forum? Would the result have been any different?
Those are questions I'm sure you will get a chance to ask Admin or one of the moderators....
Old 01-13-2020, 02:23 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

it was a clean hit, kassien got somewhat ready just wasn't prepared for that type of velocity so he pounded on the punk....if your going to act like as azz, give out hard hits and get in peoples faces sooner or later someone will take you out....go back to the late eighties early nineties...Domi would dummy him clean or otherwise.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-13-2020, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Those are questions I'm sure you will get a chance to ask Admin or one of the moderators....
I think we have our answers
Old 01-13-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
Maybe Lucic did go after McDavid and nobody noticed
Lucic's too slow McJesus would hit him with so many lefts he would be begging for a right.....

Old 01-13-2020, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
it was a clean hit, kassien got somewhat ready just wasn't prepared for that type of velocity so he pounded on the punk....if your going to act like as azz, give out hard hits and get in peoples faces sooner or later someone will take you out....go back to the late eighties early nineties...Domi would dummy him clean or otherwise.
All true, and if you listen to Tkachuk's post game interview he seems to agree.

He seems OK with the results.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
After allowing 8 tonight and 6 last week, along with owning the 4th worst goals against record in the leauge, I wonder if the Leafs are still interested in Brodie.

If they were willing to give up Kadri before, wonder if we could shake loose Kapanen, RW too.
My case strengthens, O'Reilly broke his foot and is projected to be out for 8 weeks.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
My case strengthens, O'Reilly broke his foot and is projected to be out for 8 weeks.
Could be interesting, we'll have to stay tuned. Do you think the 3 defensive parings that are left are good enough? Top 7 d D-men for that matter.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
All true, and if you listen to Tkachuk's post game interview he seems to agree.

He seems OK with the results.
yup...no doubt the kids a gamer....hate to play against him but would like him as a team mate. Coach needs to reel him in every now and then.

Old 01-13-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
Can you please post a link to this so called code Tkatchuk did not follow by fighting Kass, I don't see anything in the rule book about it?

It feels like a grey area.

If Tkatchuk had hit McDavid, he would have had to fight Kass as Kass was standing up for his teammate?

So in this situation since he hit Kass and McDavid came in and cross checked him protecting his teammate, shouldn't Tkatchuck have fought McDavid?

Isn't the so called "code" defending your teammate. Most of the time when this happens even if it is a willing combatant you see 1 maybe two punches thrown and the guys are wrestled to the ground. I wouldn't consider any of them being a fight.

Tkatchuk had two options;

1) Drop his gloves and take his chances
2) Protect himself and cover up

He took Kas's shots, he didn't complain about it.

He did exactly what every Coach he has ever had has probably told him, Do not retaliate and take a bad penalty.

Part of his job is to draw penalties he did that perfectly.

Kas got his shots in so not sure what everyone is so upset about.

The league said the hits were legal, they were not to the head. He should not have to fight someone for a legal body check.
You left out option 3 - drop the gloves square up with Kas toe to toe. Probably would have been hit less if he tied him up and then Chucky is no longer labeled a turtle or chicken or what have you.

If he squares up Kas still gets the extra 2 mins and Chucky saves face and earns respect instead of losing it. I agree today Chuck doesn’t give a crap what Kas thinks but over time he will care what the league thinks of him. His style of play is gonna come back and bite him at some point.

I sure do like how this whole thing has sparked the battle of AB and the fans. Too bad the league will crush it with their suspension. If the league goes anymore than 3 games then Kas don’t play the next 2 against the Flames and that is telling fans we don’t want this rivalry. As a fan I enjoy the game within the game. Adding emotion to the game is what I want as a fan. Hope the league doesn’t crush the renewed rivalry. Pretty sure both Flames and Oilers fans can agree on that.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
yup...no doubt the kids a gamer....hate to play against him but would like him as a team mate. Coach needs to reel him in every now and then.
Not to mention the league office from time to time too.

That's where you can see some real context on his hits on Kassian. Tkachuk is far from a golden boy in their eyes. If they could have legitimately rapped his knuckles for the hits you know they wouldn't pass up the opportunity.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
You left out option 3 - drop the gloves square up with Kas toe to toe. Probably would have been hit less if he tied him up and then Chucky is no longer labeled a turtle or chicken or what have you.

If he squares up Kas still gets the extra 2 mins and Chucky saves face and earns respect instead of losing it. I agree today Chuck doesn’t give a crap what Kas thinks but over time he will care what the league thinks of him. His style of play is gonna come back and bite him at some point.

I sure do like how this whole thing has sparked the battle of AB and the fans. Too bad the league will crush it with their suspension. If the league goes anymore than 3 games then Kas don’t play the next 2 against the Flames and that is telling fans we don’t want this rivalry. As a fan I enjoy the game within the game. Adding emotion to the game is what I want as a fan. Hope the league doesn’t crush the renewed rivalry. Pretty sure both Flames and Oilers fans can agree on that.
I think there's still a rivalry with or without him. Too much at stake this year and too much history for there not to be.

I think the league doesn't mind the rivalry they just don't want a feces show to make the highlight reels on every sports show.

Have you seen Kassian's eyes in one of those two video's I provided links for? He's just not right when a screw gets loose.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
If the league goes anymore than 3 games then Kas don’t play the next 2 against the Flames and that is telling fans we don’t want this rivalry.
What do you think he'll get?

I'm guessing 3. That's what Nurse got for fighting an unwilling combatant in 2016(?), removes him from the 29th game, kind of to send a message that we don't want things getting out of control, but puts him back in for the game on the 1st with the refs possibly making a few more calls.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
I think there's still a rivalry with or without him. Too much at stake this year and too much history for there not to be.

I think the league doesn't mind the rivalry they just don't want a feces show to make the highlight reels on every sports show.

Have you seen Kassian's eyes in one of those two video's I provided links for? He's just not right when a screw gets loose.
He’s intense no doubt about that

I’m hoping he gets three and Chucky gets a call from the league. Let them know to cool it but allow them both in the second game. Playing both may lead to as you put it a “@&$ show.

Imagine if both teams had hit the ice the next night. Oh boy. Coaches may have to pull back on the reins a bit.

20 years ago it’s settled like Men with a fist fight and put to bed. How in the new weaker NHL does this get settled. Rock Paper Scissors? Gonna carry on for a while.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
What do you think he'll get?

I'm guessing 3. That's what Nurse got for fighting an unwilling combatant in 2016(?), removes him from the 29th game, kind of to send a message that we don't want things getting out of control, but puts him back in for the game on the 1st with the refs possibly making a few more calls.
Hope it’s three. 3 makes sense to me but with Parros at the helm of player safety could be 5
Old 01-13-2020, 03:41 PM

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...-tkachuk-star/

This is why I cannot stand Leon....What a joke.....Hate him more than Avery and Marchand...
Old 01-13-2020, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hope it’s three. 3 makes sense to me but with Parros at the helm of player safety could be 5
I thought it was Quintel now
Old 01-13-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
You May be right
Old 01-13-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post

This is why I cannot stand Leon....What a joke.....Hate him more than Avery and Marchand...
That would be funny, he'd look like a complete dolt.

Maybe the league would suspend him to.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post

Off the ice why, because Chucky didn't fight or because of the hits?

If it's because of the hits, it's speaks volumes about the guy when he'll share a locker room with Kassian when youtube is plastered with "highlights" of him leaving his feet and targeting another players head numerous times, but won't share ice with Chucky for hits the league said they have no problem with.

Smells of hypocrisy and a lack of integrity if that's the case.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:

If it's because of the hits, it's speaks volumes about the guy when he'll share a locker room with Kassian when youtube is plastered with "highlights" of him leaving his feet and targeting another players head numerous times, but won't share ice with Chucky for hits the league said they have no problem with.

Exactly...What a whiny little ****....Watched many of players over the years, and I see a lazy player like Draisaitl. He has no defensive skills, hence he is scoring alot of points...LOL
Old 01-13-2020, 04:08 PM

Here is a pretty logic, level headed discussion about the situation.

Link

Last edited by Trochu; 01-13-2020 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
https://www.nhl.com/news/george-parr...ng/c-290910754

Not in less he came back
Old 01-13-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:

It is not about the hits.

I purposely checked the Pacific roster today to see if Doughty was going. Would have been neat to see a fight on the Pacific bench... that would have definitely got the fans going.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:23 PM

Game time in 1.5 hours....

Like a few early games once in awhile...Us old guys can stay up long enough to watch a whole game