Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-12-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
I would rather lose than play with a turtle, but that's just me.

What I can't understand, considering the new rules regarding helmets, is how the Flames players can deliberately knock the helmets off of the opposing players 3 times and not get called. Should be at least an unsportsmanlike but obviously a head shot???

This new rule is going to cost someone a playoff game if something isn't called. The Flames obviously have incorporated it into their playbook.
Maybe Kassian needs to put the chin strap a bit tighter on his helmet, so when he is playing with his head down he doesn't keep losing it on clean hits that never even contact his head. Player Safety said the hits were clean, the refs didn't call a penalty for any of them, it's just the crybabies....and everyone knows damn well, if the roles were reversed and Kassian had dished those on Tkuchuk, the Oiler fans would all be crowing about the big clean hit their beast Kassian made. But when their beast gets blown up twice in a game, the butt hurt is glorious. It's hockey kiddiies, keep your head up.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-12-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I saw you on TV last night!
HaHa yeah I was all over the place.

Ok so on to the next one, Montreal who hasn't been playing great to say the least. Us coming of a high, I think we should do well'

Heard the other day on 960. all January we only play 2 games against playoff positioned teams. So this is an opportunity we need to try and gain some separation from the pack.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:03 PM

Default Yea....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I think Bessie wants out now.
That’s a hard nope.

Pretty sure I squared up with you.

Yup I took a hit last night. But imma big boy.

Not gon turtle.

Go Oil!

Ps...

Home now. Thank the gods for Tylenol and green tea.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 01-12-2020, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
I would rather lose than play with a turtle, but that's just me.

What I can't understand, considering the new rules regarding helmets, is how the Flames players can deliberately knock the helmets off of the opposing players 3 times and not get called. Should be at least an unsportsmanlike but obviously a head shot???

This new rule is going to cost someone a playoff game if something isn't called. The Flames obviously have incorporated it into their playbook.
You are cheering for the right team.. and he didn't turtle... He just didn't engage. Drawing 14 Min in penalties, the wining goal while he is screening and Kass is in the box, sitting first in the division now because of that win.. So, who won? As I said, the coach gets it..
Old 01-12-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Maybe Kassian needs to put the chin strap a bit tighter on his helmet, so when he is playing with his head down he doesn't keep losing it on clean hits that never even contact his head. Player Safety said the hits were clean, the refs didn't call a penalty for any of them, it's just the crybabies....and everyone knows damn well, if the roles were reversed and Kassian had dished those on Tkuchuk, the Oiler fans would all be crowing about the big clean hit their beast Kassian made. But when their beast gets blown up twice in a game, the butt hurt is glorious. It's hockey kiddiies, keep your head up.
Third man in is a cheap shot, same as the open ice hits to someone just receiving a pass. That's not hockey, it's cowardice. The only people that cruise around looking for cheap shots are cowards like those that throw sucker punches rather than ask a person outside, man to man.

Cowards get a reputation and always get what is coming to them. Get use to watching that kiddies because turtles get a reputation across the league, just like his brother, and most real hockey players would rather pound his head in than watch him attempt to injure opposing players.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Don't put words in my mouth, I said I didn't care but never said I wasn't interested.
Ok, now I'm really scratching my head, there seems to be some confusion here Orly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
I gave up caring after the lockout and have pretty much boycotted all of it since.
Are you old enough to remember the lockout?
Oh so you must be a fan of the clutch and grab hockey, seems to have mostly disappeared after the last lockout. Ever watch a game from that era on a vintage broadcast? Hard to believe we thought it was a fast game back then when you compare it to today.

Feel free to boycott this thread at any time.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Third man in is a cheap shot, same as the open ice hits to someone just receiving a pass. That's not hockey, it's cowardice. The only people that cruise around looking for cheap shots are cowards like those that throw sucker punches rather than ask a person outside, man to man.

Cowards get a reputation and always get what is coming to them. Get use to watching that kiddies because turtles get a reputation across the league, just like his brother, and most real hokey players would rather pound his head in than watch him attempt to injure opposing players.
Well.....blah blah blah....sniffle....blah blah. Pretty much what I'm hearing. The only sucker punch I saw thrown was by Kassian, grabbing a jersey from behind a guy with his back turned, and then dishing them. That's pretty gutless, like you said.

Like I said, reverse roles, and let's not pretend Kassian hasn't dished the exact same types of hits over his career, shall we....sorry your beast got schooled last night by a feisty kid half his size, but stay off the tracks.

Great goal by McDavid last night though, that kid is pure awesome.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-12-2020, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
That’s a hard nope.

Pretty sure I squared up with you.

Yup I took a hit last night. But imma big boy.

Not gon turtle.

Go Oil!

Ps...

Home now. Thank the gods for Tylenol and green tea.
Bessie. I am taking your Bottle and donating it. Hockey Night in Canada really focused on Chris Snow last night. Very inspirational. Loved his family and the try. I couldn't imagine having to tell my 8 year old son I might be dying. He used the example of everyone in the Dome donating $25 and how that would reach the goal of this.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:

Cowards get a reputation and always get what is coming to them. Get use to watching that kiddies because turtles get a reputation across the league, just like his brother, and most real hokey players would rather pound his head in than watch him attempt to injure opposing players.
And this is where the league snowflake fan base is now, a clean hard hit man to man is considered an attempt to injure. No elbows, no targeting the knees, just a straight up hockey hit. Did you read the response from the league office? They must be in on this conspiracy against the oilers too.

How many years have we heard talk about "his day is coming" now? When is the expiry date on that threat?

Did you notice the oiler team response to Kassians work. Not a lot of high fives and congratulations but I did notice a few "nice going moron, you may have cost us the game" looks"
Old 01-12-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
And this is where the league snowflake fan base is now, a clean hard hit man to man is considered an attempt to injure. No elbows, no targeting the knees, just a straight up hockey hit. Did you read the response from the league office? They must be in on this conspiracy against the oilers too.

How many years have we heard talk about "his day is coming" now? When is the expiry date on that threat?

Did you notice the oiler team response to Kassians work. Not a lot of high fives and congratulations but I did notice a few "nice going moron, you may have cost us the game" looks"
So how many open ice, career ending hits do we see these days? There was only a few that actually did it back in the day (and yes a couple were Oilers and I hated them equally) waiting by their own blue line to charge at a guy as he took a pass up the middle, or slinking around waiting for some kid to cut into the middle at the opposition blue line.

They took it out of the game because it was a cowardly excuse for good hockey AND players were getting career ending concussions.

The exact same thing could be said for the cowardly third man in when the opposing player is battling for the puck. It is not about keeping your head up when there is a coward unwilling to engage in his own battles running guys and taking cheap shots.

He got what he deserved and I expect he will learn to play the game like a man or take a lot of beatings over the years.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Well.....blah blah blah....sniffle....blah blah. Pretty much what I'm hearing. The only sucker punch I saw thrown was by Kassian, grabbing a jersey from behind a guy with his back turned, and then dishing them. That's pretty gutless, like you said.

Like I said, reverse roles, and let's not pretend Kassian hasn't dished the exact same types of hits over his career, shall we....sorry your beast got schooled last night by a feisty kid half his size, but stay off the tracks.

Great goal by McDavid last night though, that kid is pure awesome.
This is why I laugh at all the turtle comments, Tkachuck landed a clean hit and goes to skate away after McDavid gives him a little run into the boards. Then Kass collars him from behind and starts feeding him. At what point did Tkachuck have to square off?? Of course he's going to protect himself while getting punched and pulled from behind. Who wouldn't.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
So how many open ice, career ending hits do we see these days? There was only a few that actually did it back in the day (and yes a couple were Oilers and I hated them equally) waiting by their own blue line to charge at a guy as he took a pass up the middle, or slinking around waiting for some kid to cut into the middle at the opposition blue line.

They took it out of the game because it was a cowardly excuse for good hockey AND players were getting career ending concussions.

The exact same thing could be said for the cowardly third man in when the opposing player is battling for the puck. It is not about keeping your head up when there is a coward unwilling to engage in his own battles running guys and taking cheap shots.

He got what he deserved and I expect he will learn to play the game like a man or take a lot of beatings over the years.
And if that would have been the case here, the league would have stepped in like they've done in the past.

It didn't happen and people have to stop creating their own reality, the league office has weighed in on the hits.

Chucky's a repeat offender, do you really think they'd let him get away with anything but a clean hit if they had the chance?
Old 01-12-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:

Seems like you haven't realized that he expected a response, wasn't the first time Kassian went after him like that and thats the reason he was targeted. He's played this way since junior and as long as he keeps getting the power-plays you can keep trying to get your pound of flesh. Our point leader went after the Oil big bad tough guy all game and made him loose his cool all the while being out there for the next shift and eventually game winner.

Its the game within the game, onto the next one
Old 01-12-2020, 01:46 PM

Quote:
And if that would have been the case here, the league would have stepped in like they've done in the past.

It didn't happen and people have to stop creating their own reality, the league office has weighed in on the hits.

Chucky's a repeat offender, do you really think they'd let him get away with anything but a clean hit if they had the chance?
Open ice hits on unsuspecting players use to be legal too as was the knee high hip checks and leaving your feet for the head shot. Real men didn't do it but some cowards tried to make a career out of it.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjolg123 View Post
Seems like you haven't realized that he expected a response, wasn't the first time Kassian went after him like that and thats the reason he was targeted. He's played this way since junior and as long as he keeps getting the power-plays you can keep trying to get your pound of flesh. Our point leader went after the Oil big bad tough guy all game and made him loose his cool all the while being out there for the next shift and eventually game winner.

Its the game within the game, onto the next one
I am happy with our loss. The team played well but we were let down by inexperience on the back end, as usual. At least 2 of our top 4 D men should still be playing in the minors, but they are getting better. The goal that hurt was the D-man goalie shuffle in the crease, complete armature hour. The Flames have a much stronger defense right now.

Nothing to be ashamed of on our part, it was a good game and at least I am not on here trying to defend what should have been a glorious victory.

"Game within a game" yeah right, you got one guy making a hard working bunch of good players look like losers, even when they win. It is the fans that pay for the tickets however and as long as you guys are happy.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Open ice hits on unsuspecting players use to be legal too as was the knee high hip checks and leaving your feet for the head shot. Real men didn't do it but some cowards tried to make a career out of it.
And again, none of that happened last night, so I guess I'm asking what's your point and why in the context of this thread?
Old 01-12-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
And again, none of that happened last night, so I guess I'm asking what's your point and why in the context of this thread?
I will try to type really slow so you can get the point.

There are things in life and sports that although legal show a lack of character, ethics and good sportsmanship. Most were never written in to law as people hadn't considered how many people lacked character and common sense.

A couple of good examples of this I listed above. In the beginning the rule makers didn't realize that people would intentionally try to injure another player by high hits, low hits and charging. They policed themselves and followed an unwritten code. Once they realized how little character some people had, the rules were adjusted accordingly.

My point is that your boy Chunky also shows this complete lack of character by stalking around the ice waiting for a player to become preoccupied in the battle for the puck. Once the player is caught in a position where they can not defend themselves a cowardly cheap shot is delivered. Everyone that has ever played the game knows this is cheap and cowardly. It is unfortunate that the rules have to be rewritten annually to counter the continuing evolution of these idiots.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:12 PM
Banned

As I said before most Flames fans just don't know better and are morons.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:12 PM

Default Flames

Quote:

There are things in life and sports that although legal show a lack of character, ethics and good sportsmanship. Most were never written in to law as people hadn't considered how many people lacked character and common sense.

A couple of good examples of this I listed above. In the beginning the rule makers didn't realize that people would intentionally try to injure another player by high hits, low hits and charging. They policed themselves and followed an unwritten code. Once they realized how little character some people had, the rules were adjusted accordingly.

My point is that your boy Chunky also shows this complete lack of character by stalking around the ice waiting for a player to become preoccupied in the battle for the puck. Once the player is caught in a position where they can not defend themselves a cowardly cheap shot is delivered. Everyone that has ever played the game knows this is cheap and cowardly. It is unfortunate that the rules have to be rewritten annually to counter the continuing evolution of these idiots.
Wait a minute, maybe we have this all wrong.
If Kassian shows good character, good ethics, and good sportsmanship, then maybe the league requested a meeting with him to present a trophy, for being an outstanding leader of all the above.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lXwK9KOB5As
Old 01-12-2020, 03:27 PM

Default Flames

Amazing, that guys helmet stayed on, maybe Zack needs a bit of help with his chin strap
Old 01-12-2020, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinman22 View Post
As I said before most Flames fans just don't know better and are morons.
See, thats what happens when you are proved wrong and your loser of a team fails in its biggest game of the year. Enjoy this decade. I cant see it being any worse than the last one. The Oilers and their fans are the biggest laughing stocks in this league. 2 Games suspension I would assume..
Old 01-12-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
That couldn't have been Kassian. He would never make a hit like that.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:44 PM

Default Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by propliner View Post
That couldn't have been Kassian. He would never make a hit like that.
Yup player was engaged with another player, unaware of danger coming. No way it was Zack, must have been photo shopped
Old 01-12-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Yes, that is the type of play that can be career ending, no place in the game.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:46 PM

Default Flames

I think he gets 3 games, one for the incident, and 2 for the comments after the game
Old 01-12-2020, 03:54 PM

Default Flames

Interesting
Flames just called up Yeltsin
Could be an injury ,or trade incoming.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Odd how Dillon didn't jump him from behind?!?

Wait, no it isn't. No one fought Kas either, the Sharks must all hate Dillon and enjoyed watching that! Wait, that doesn't sound right either. In fact, it sounds delusional saying it outloud.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh my, MK2750 was right after all. There are players that show a lack of character and try and hurt other players. He was just a little mixed up on which player he was talking about. Good thing there was some slo mo, maybe he can keep up.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
See, thats what happens when you are proved wrong and your loser of a team fails in its biggest game of the year. Enjoy this decade. I cant see it being any worse than the last one. The Oilers and their fans are the biggest laughing stocks in this league. 2 Games suspension I would assume..
Hey, that's not a loser of a team up there, they're actually the second best NHL team in Alberta. Silver medalists in the eyes of their fan boys.