Old 04-04-2009, 05:30 PM

Can I come???

If I leave now I should make the......3rd period
Old 04-04-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Can I come???

If I leave now I should make the......3rd period
Do it! I'll even put you up fer the night assuming we don't get tossed in the clink!

Tree
Old 04-04-2009, 05:38 PM

so being a "good fan" means you have to blindly go along with whatever is happening with your team and try to convince yourself that there is nothing wrong..that the bounces just didn't go your way?? i bet you blame the refs and betteman for the state the oilers are in as well.....

being a good fan means i can look at my team..and look at a once beloved player and say..mac, we love you..but it just isn't working anymore....and that goes for all of you....no one but roli is playing with any real oiler grit anymore. no one goes out there and puts in 60 minutes. the team has a defeatist attitude...and that starts within and spreads like a cancer tot he whole team. the only cure is to cut it all out. i have followed and supported this team since day one..and i always will....even if mact and the gang are all back next season. however, i feel it would serve us better to make some big changes if the appropriate alternatives are there. until that timeand long after i will fly my oilers colours high..loud and proud. but to me..being a good fan does not mean you cannot question or dislike decisions made by said team....but if you think it makes me a bad fan..well go ahead......follow along like a good little sheep.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:48 PM

not sure what ur getn at Clash.....
Old 04-04-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Octane~ View Post
Huh? lol when did he say that? He has said for years he would absolutely love to play with his buddy Hemsky...they know eachother well.
He said no the second he said it would take a minimum of 7 million to get him to play in Edmonton. Keep in mind how tight we are to the cap and it will be even lower next year. The only team he would take less (substantially less at that) to go play for would be Pittsburgh, as he said he feels he owes it to Mario. One other thing to keep in mind is that if we were to sign him he would have to clear waivers before joining our team.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Nope, i'm never happy with *****ty fans. Their a disgrace to Oil Country. But your very right, i'm right and your wrong. Road trips mean ***** btw....anybody could get in their truck and drive. It has more to do with the fact that you've distracted the team in their playoff run. Thank yourself and all other so called "fans" for no playoffs this year. Happy?
I don't understand your thought process on the players being distracted by the public. In my eyes if a player can't play because the public is getting to them then they should not be in the league! Just wondering if you are aware of the interview processes these guy's go through starting at the age of 15 when Hockey Canada starts recruiting kids? These processes help weed out the weak!! The interviews they must go through by the time they are draft eligible are so intense most people would not know what hit them. I have been involved in a number of these interviews over the years and think that the idea of a team not playing well because of what is written in the paper is a total cop out!
Old 04-04-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
He said no the second he said it would take a minimum of 7 million to get him to play in Edmonton. Keep in mind how tight we are to the cap and it will be even lower next year. The only team he would take less (substantially less at that) to go play for would be Pittsburgh, as he said he feels he owes it to Mario. One other thing to keep in mind is that if we were to sign him he would have to clear waivers before joining our team.
Well said goober. I don't think the waiver thing would be that big of a deal to get around. There are some creative options out there. Like you said though, and in my opinion the much bigger hurdle is, he'd want quite a bit of money to play in Edmonton and he already suggested he'd play for very little in Pittsburgh. Maybe they won't want him and he'll end up an Oiler after all. Doesn't seem like a smart move to me but Katz does seem pretty intent on signing a big name. Unfortunately it looks like he is willing to overpay (e.g. the rumoured long-term offer to Hossa) at a time where every bit of cap space is going to become even more valuable.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Banned

WOW this is fantastic....

All the Flames fans have to do is sit back and watch you OILER fans beat the crap out of each other..

Someone pinch me.. I must be dreaming. To good to be true..

ANyhow, please carry one this is good.

Jamie
Old 04-04-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
WOW this is fantastic....

All the Flames fans have to do is sit back and watch you OILER fans beat the crap out of each other..

Someone pinch me.. I must be dreaming. To good to be true..

ANyhow, please carry one this is good.

Jamie
One championship and a pile of first round losses sure makes for a lot of loud mouth Flames fans!!! I have 2 things for you to think about Jamie:

1. Are the Flames REALLY as perfect as you all like to think they are?
2. Imagine how much more yapping could be done if the Oilers did not exist in the 80's!! Maybe that 1 would be a 2!!!!

I also noticed from your post above how much you have "ONE" on the brain, your exact quote "please carry ONE this is good".

Keep in mind true fans discuss the issues of their team not put on a blindfold and scream we got the cup after the first win of the year!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Banned

Ahh 1-0 oilers 20 something seconds in. Great start by the Oil, showing great motivation and heart. I think we should fire MacT cus he's lost the team LOL.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:00 PM

Well Octane, the thing you are doing the haters of MacT did as well...base it on one period...even worse than those who have based it on 8 seasons....
Old 04-04-2009, 09:24 PM

GO OIL GO !!!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:40 PM

Wow...talk about a lucky team...absolutely domination by the Canucks..clearly showing our superiority in every way other than the scoreboard.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss44 View Post
Wow...talk about a lucky team...absolutely domination by the Canucks..clearly showing our superiority in every way other than the scoreboard.
and that's all that count's, they should make old rollie GM...GO OIL GO.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
One championship and a pile of first round losses sure makes for a lot of loud mouth Flames fans!!! I have 2 things for you to think about Jamie:

1. Are the Flames REALLY as perfect as you all like to think they are?
2. Imagine how much more yapping could be done if the Oilers did not exist in the 80's!! Maybe that 1 would be a 2!!!!

I also noticed from your post above how much you have "ONE" on the brain, your exact quote "please carry ONE this is good".

Keep in mind true fans discuss the issues of their team not put on a blindfold and scream we got the cup after the first win of the year!!!
Hey.. Dont take your frustrations out on me. Talk to your fellow Fans.

"ONE"... Thats the best you can do? A Typo??? Come on, if your going to play in the Bigs, you gota bring your "A" Game.. A typo remark is just Bush league. This is a "High: quality insult thread.. Take your Minor league comments over to fishing thread.

I havent been bragging up Flames, I just noticed you Oiler Fans are ripping and shreading each other to bits.

Oh yeah and the history of the Oilers is really kinda that HISTORY.. You know last century. Lets talk more about what is going on today...

Jamie
Old 04-04-2009, 10:06 PM

Well tonight may be the only night I've ever hoped for the oilers to win, looking good so far, hope they put a couple more past Luongo, LOL!

Oops, Van just scored

Go Flames Go!!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:36 PM

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO LUCKY!!!! Omg...your team is so pathetically bad its disgusting yet sooo lucky. how is the slash of the stick right out of burrows hands with a min 20 left not a penalty? Broke the bloody thing in half. What a joke! Only thing that wasn't lucky was sourays and gagners goal...both nice. Other than that effing horseshoes up your ass.

In the end it doesn't matter...you'll all be golfing anyway.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO LUCKY!!!! Omg...your team is so pathetically bad its disgusting yet sooo lucky. how is the slash of the stick right out of burrows hands with a min 20 left not a penalty? Broke the bloody thing in half. What a joke! Only thing that wasn't lucky was sourays and gagners goal...both nice. Other than that effing horseshoes up your ass.

And your back to 5th...
Old 04-04-2009, 10:40 PM

I'm not worried...we both know the Flames will lose on Monday, or against the canucks, they can't play back to backs.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:

LOL at least a Lamer fan admits it when they get beat..you Nuks make excuses. Gagner steals a puck on a backcheck goes end to end and burns 2 d an Lucy and you say it was a nice goal...LMAO ......we're still in it as remote as it is, would you feel better if we beat Calgary both times so you can win the division will you like us then??????
Old 04-04-2009, 10:43 PM

wouldn't mind you....as long as you are as lucky against them as you are us, then you should be fine.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Banned

LOL THE BITTERNESS IS THIIIIIIICK!!!! WHAT A WIN!!!!!!!

44, how can you say Van outplayed us?????? Clearly it was the Oilers who outplayed and followed it up with a win, as said just now by one of the guys on HNIC.

What a great win! Who was the guy who said that a couple nights ago in the news, the players said how they play these upcoming games would mean if they want their coach or not, or something to that extent? Well I was right again! Team showed lots of heart, gave it their all, finished enough to win, still had lots of chances we should have finished on, posts and what not. Roli clearly not tired. What a performance. Oilers keep prooving them MacT haters WRONG! Can't wait to make fun of them when it's all said and done

On a side note...KLowe on After Hours. Can't wait to see what he says.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:50 PM

Good game by the Oil. I thought they played hard. The Canucks out-chanced them for most of the game but Roli was sharp and Bobby Lu was a little off. I do really like this Canucks team. Even though everything was going Edmonton's way they continued to fight back and made it a close game a couple times there. Unfortunately for Edmonton, this will likely be too little, too late. I'm not completely counting them out but it definitely doesn't look good with Anaheim, Nashville and St.Louis all playing well lately.

I can't wait for Tuesday's match-up of the Flames and Nucks. That's going to be a huge game. Big test for both teams.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well Octane, the thing you are doing the haters of MacT did as well...base it on one period...even worse than those who have based it on 8 seasons....
It was a point I was trying to make, certain fans on here WINK WINK claim MacT has lost the team. If that was the case, they wouldn't have came out with such a quick good start like when I posted, and finished it up with a great win. The MacT haters are stuck in the past, what happened with the coach 4+ years ago instead of the present. The present is the Oilers are on a mission to proove people wrong, and I'll be jumping for joy if we squeek in.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Oilers keep prooving them MacT haters WRONG! Can't wait to make fun of them when it's all said and done
You know Octane...the best way to do that would have been to have a good season and make the playoffs. Neither look very likely at this point.

BTW - the shots were 46 - 25 in favor of the Canucks. Yes Edmonton played hard and I wouldn't chalk the win up to luck but I think it's a stretch to say they outplayed the Canucks.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt_and_fish View Post
You know Octane...the best way to do that would have been to have a good season and make the playoffs. Neither look very likely at this point.

BTW - the shots were 46 - 25 in favor of the Canucks. Yes Edmonton played hard and I wouldn't chalk the win up to luck but I think it's a stretch to say they outplayed the Canucks.
Not just me who thinks that. We kept most of the nucks shots to the outside and in places where Roli could see them...hense shots didn't really matter in this one. Shots in no way proove who outplayed who. Most of our lots were high-quality.

As for this year, why are we going over this again. The team had an off year, the kids struggled early on and some certain vets were in slumps..simple as that. The MAIN reason I see is the special teams. We were a plus all year 5 on 5. That tells ya something. Bring in new assistants. The Rangers fired their head coach and everyone was going on about how since they did we should. Well look what's happened, now their in big trouble. Anyway, don't see anybody argueing my point about the team coming out and playing a very solid home game where we've struggled, after the comments on the news last night I think it was where the players said something to the extent of how we play is how we feel about our coach. Funny how that happens. MacT haters just come up with excuse after excuse, one of the more recent ones was MacT is a good fit for the vets on this team but not the kids? Right, which is why Gags is so great lately. You guys crack me up.

Last edited by ~Octane~; 04-04-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Banned

Soooooo

Is the public hanging off?

To bad I always wanted to see what a lynch mob could do.

Octane.. One game and you want to give MacT a Life long contract?
46-25 in shots.. And you think thats not a measuring stick? Are you daft??
Van clearly outplayed you.. BUT you beat them where it counts.
Your Team had a off year??? How about a OFF decade? Get run at the cup that year.. But thats it. Other than that allways a struggle to make the playoffs. You said it best "IF WE SQUEEK IN" sure being in the playoffs is better than not being in.. But you want a SQUEEKER team.. I dont get it. You talk of drinking the blue Koolaid.. But I wonder if its washer fluid or something. cause your way of thinking is just not right. Its one thing to be a die hard fan and back your boys all the way. But this is rediculous.

Dss.. Welcome to our world

I almost wish that Van would just take 3rd and let Calgary rest up. A few games off for Kipper.. Let the boys heal up for the playoffs and get thier friggen heads on straight.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
It was a point I was trying to make, certain fans on here WINK WINK claim MacT has lost the team. If that was the case, they wouldn't have came out with such a quick good start like when I posted, and finished it up with a great win. The MacT haters are stuck in the past, what happened with the coach 4+ years ago instead of the present. The present is the Oilers are on a mission to proove people wrong, and I'll be jumping for joy if we squeek in.

Your TYPE TYPE TYPE, is almost worst than the TAP TAP TAP. Your stunning lack of knowledge in regards to how teams function will never cease to amuse me. For that, I thank you...........keep it coming!

Nice win tonight. Still not mathematically eliminated. Anything can happen. Games 81 and 82 are home and home with the Flames. It could be a brutal back to backer.

Tree
Old 04-05-2009, 01:29 AM

Dont you find it a tad ironic that other than the Lames Cup run you guys have struggled to make the second round for over a decade, sometimes you didn't even make the playoffs. You clinched a playoff birth this year 77 games in...not a world beater. Keep drinkn the Lamer red Kool-aid James, Keep thinkn your an elite team and enjoy those x-tra 4 games this year.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Dont you find it a tad ironic that other than the Lames Cup run you guys have struggled to make the second round for over a decade, sometimes you didn't even make the playoffs. You clinched a playoff birth this year 77 games in...not a world beater. Keep drinkn the Lamer red Kool-aid James, Keep thinkn your an elite team and enjoy those x-tra 4 games this year.
Well we will enjoy at least that. You need a update on how the Playoffs work?
Its been a while since you have watched the post season.
Please let us know exactly what the condition of the golf courses are in. Sure we might be useing them shortly after you do.. BUT IT WILL BE AFTER!!!

Jamie