Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 11:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
Pot ...cures cancer , kills pain, enhances vision, Gods plant was put here to make cranky people happy, jean chretien likes is joint rolled in the funnel shape.
And...nobody ever OD'd on pot...
Old 09-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Banned

peanuts kill more people than pot.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post
LOL, There is not 1 case out there that stats that pot KILLS.

LOL

Thats in the movie.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post
Considering there isn't a documented OD on record that would make you...right again!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezma View Post
I tryed Pot 2 times... I didn't get anything out of it!?
No high no nothing.

I can't do it regard less because I work in the oilfield and I can be P-Tested at any gven time.
must have been the snicklefritz!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycr125 View Post
must have been the snicklefritz!
Nope...it's Bill Clinton...he didn't inhale.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:08 AM
Banned

Maybe I was 18 lol... to long ago I can't remember if I inhaled...
Old 09-22-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezma View Post
Maybe I was 18 lol... to long ago I can't remember if I inhaled...
man up .... inhale
Old 09-22-2011, 07:53 AM

Doesn't anyone think it is just sad that someone does not like the state of their mind, where they are in or their life... that they have to smoke dope to feel better. I don't get it... Maybe because I didn't grow up thinking to have fun I need to be high or drunk.

IMHO that is the problem with youth these days...they don't appreciate family, nature, fishing, hunting, just being alive and turn to drugs to escape. It seems to be getting worse. Are kids just bored...parents screwed up by not providing enough stimulation or enough variation in their youth to show them alternatives to being stoned?

Maybe it is just really poor parenting now unfortunately being passed onto the next generation. When you think about it...stoners raising stoners...makes you sad and want to smoke pot. What a vicious circle of life.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Doesn't anyone think it is just sad that someone does not like the state of their mind, where they are in or their life... that they have to smoke dope to feel better. I don't get it... Maybe because I didn't grow up thinking to have fun I need to be high or drunk.

IMHO that is the problem with youth these days...they don't appreciate family, nature, fishing, hunting, just being alive and turn to drugs to escape. It seems to be getting worse. Are kids just bored...parents screwed up by not providing enough stimulation or enough variation in their youth to show them alternatives to being stoned?

Maybe it is just really poor parenting now unfortunately being passed onto the next generation. When you think about it...stoners raising stoners...makes you sad and want to smoke pot. What a vicious circle of life.
I don't know if you know much about history but humans have been using drugs to get high or drunk for thousands of years. Stoners don't raise stoners. the fact that you think every pot smoker is a stoner automatically shows you are biased and never tried it. I used to be anti drug as well. I was raised in a catholic family. Last year I thought I would try pot for the first time. I realized all the stuff we were told about pot was a lie. I didn't go out and try cocain or heroin. I smoke every 3 months or so to calm me down during stressful periods. Like my brother in law passing away.
I would really appreciate if people get off their high horses. Yes you are clean but it does not make you better. It just means you have different opinions. But stereotyping me with beavis and butt head is just ignorant.

Last edited by Killerb; 09-22-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:07 AM
Banned

Quote:

Never said smoking pot was a good idea...although there are worse things in the world.
Yes it is a shame that people need to chemically alter their reality with drugs including alcohol and yes it is effecting later generations through things like fetal alcohol syndrome.

I just consider drug and alcohol usage more of a medical problem than a criminal one and I don't believe longer sentences address the issues at the heart of drug use or are a deterrent.

I can remember when simple possession got people long sentences and it did not help at all. In fact I knew one guy in my youth that had spent 15 years in jail for possession of a couple of ounces of pot.
He couldn't get a decent job because of his record and ended up growing dope again and selling it to make ends meet. He never got rich doing it..he just made enough to keep himself fed...
Thing is... he was not a bad guy... he was typical flower child...and very amicable and passive but he ended up paying for a mistake he made at age 19... for the rest of his life.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerb View Post
I don't know if you know much about history but humans have been using drugs to get high or drunk for thousands of years. Stoners don't raise stoners. the fact that you think every pot smoker is a stoner automatically shows you are biased and never tried it. I used to be anti drug as well. I was raised in a catholic family. Last year I thought I would try pot for the first time. I realized all the stuff we were told about pot was a lie. I didn't go out and try cocain or heroin. I smoke every 3 months or so to calm me down during stressful periods. Like my brother in law passing away.
I would really appreciate if people get off their high horses. Yes you are clean but it does not make you better. It just means you have different opinions. But stereotyping me with beavis and butt head is just ignorant.
People don't understand that drug use is often just self therapy.
They also don't realize that even most heroin users are ordinary working people that have suffered a trauma and acquired an addiction during medical treatment that was not addressed after there physical injuries were healed.
Instead the popular myth is that they are all no goods street people and hookers.
I knew a lady that worked in a methadone center and she informed me that The vast majority of their cliental were otherwise respectable people from all walks of life that had survived cancer, car accidents etc

Sorry for your loss.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:30 AM
Banned

Quote:

Your endless assumptions here make for a very poorly informed opinion.

To be fair, it is difficult to understand things you are unfamiliar with.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
Never said smoking pot was a good idea...although there are worse things in the world.
Yes it is a shame that people need to chemically alter their reality with drugs including alcohol and yes it is effecting later generations through things like fetal alcohol syndrome.

I just consider drug and alcohol usage more of a medical problem than a criminal one and I don't believe longer sentences address the issues at the heart of drug use or are a deterrent.

I can remember when simple possession got people long sentences and it did not help at all. In fact I knew one guy in my youth that had spent 15 years in jail for possession of a couple of ounces of pot.
He couldn't get a decent job because of his record and ended up growing dope again and selling it to make ends meet. He never got rich doing it..he just made enough to keep himself fed...
Thing is... he was not a bad guy... he was typical flower child...and very amicable and passive but he ended up paying for a mistake he made at age 19... for the rest of his life.
I agree. The need to do drugs to feel better is a mental health issue. Some people either never developed good coping mechanisms or can't for whatever reason.

I do believe there are worse things in life than smoking pot. I also believe most most smokers won't do coke or meth. Studies however say some do...so when your child lights up...you may smile and fondly remember your pot smoking days...(maybe yesterday for some adults) but take a good look at your kid because some do try something harder and then watch out.

Doing drugs for me is a choice based in personal confidence. If you have a confident mentality, confident in who you are then the choices you make will be sound and not based upon what others do. No one can convince me to do drugs...not because I am a goody two shoes or fundamental scared to try...but because I don't need to in order to feel good about myself.

Believe me I have been to parties where pot was there...but so was hot knifing, barbituites, coke and some did heroine. If my Mom knew I was there...firstly she would of killed me...secondly I know she would of hugged me for making the right choice. But I made that choice under some intense pressure to try...eventually a few people heard the strong peer pressure and came to my defence. Then it was better. Strange how drug users feel intimidated by someone in the room that doesn't need to use drugs to feel good.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Your endless assumptions here make for a very poorly informed opinion.

To be fair, it is difficult to understand things you are unfamiliar with.
I had numerous friends that did drugs...and I went to enough parties that had drugs. I don't need to do drugs and act stupid to understand their effects and how the person escaped reality to feel better. If you don't understand that...then you are biased and uninformed as to how you look and act to others when stoned.

Do they make you feel better...yes you say. Do I need to feel better using drugs...no I say. End of debate. Both sides win?
Old 09-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
I had numerous friends that did drugs...and I went to enough parties that had drugs. I don't need to do drugs and act stupid to understand their effects and how the person escaped reality to feel better. If you don't understand that...then you are biased and uninformed as to how you look and act to others when stoned.

Do they make you feel better...yes you say. Do I need to feel better using drugs...no I say. End of debate. Both sides win?
Freedom of choice is great. As I posted above, the hardest substance I use is alcohol, infrequently, and it is not a particularly good one.

There is a lot of pigeon holing in your statements.

That drug users are all consuming their substance in the party scene (your experience), and that they are doing so as an escape or as a substitute to contentment.

Illegal narcotics are as varied as pharmaceuticals, likely more-so.

You have clearly made a personal choice, as most of everyone has. Your choice has significant moral undertones which are best not applied to other people making their own choice.

Neither should that morality apply to policy. Morality of this kind makes for a very poor bed fellow with policy.

We've had several hundred years worth of historically recorded horrors associated with all the Abrahamaic religions (christianity, islam etc). This is what happens when morality becomes policy.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:55 AM
AvayaAce

Quote:

Make mine a double rye and keeping em coming. Just blowing off some steam and trying to escape. IMO, I have seen way tooooo much damage from leagalized booze than from someone smoking a joint.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBB View Post
Make mine a double rye and keeping em coming. Just blowing off some steam and trying to escape. IMO, I have seen way tooooo much damage from leagalized booze than from someone smoking a joint.
Well said.

How many of us know people with a life long drinking problem? With legal or domestic issues as a result?

Or maybe whose health and/or life was destroyed.

How many people know someone involved in a drinking and driving fatality?

Bill S-10 isnt about helping communities or punishing 'criminals'.

It is about big business and $$$$.

$$
Old 09-22-2011, 10:21 AM

Default Lol

Quote:

You sound like you come straight out of an after school special.

It would be amazing if everyone made the same choice as you. There wouldn't be crime, or drug dealers making money. The world would be perfect.

Where do you, someone who has never even tried a mind altering substance, get the idea that all of us pot smokers have made bad choices?

I enjoy pot, it dosent make me feel better about myself. When I am not stoned I actually am more confident. Smoking pot for me has opened up a part of my mind both creatively and spiritually.

I and a bunch of my like minded friends get together and enjoy it. Plain and simple. We don't try to convert or pass judgment on those who choose not to get high.

And just because we use drugs, dosent mean we all have issues. Does that mean because you made the choice not to smoke pot you are somehow a better person then us?? Because that's the way you sound. Unfortunately it's people with similar views as you that hold the law making power in western countries.

I've been using pot regularly for 14 years. I have an IQ in the 95%. I make hella good money, have two beautiful children and have a clean record. My life is amazing and I am happy. My kids are happy and my wife is happy. But with my outlook on life, my children will be more equipped to make rational, real life decisions based on my life experience. Not something I learned from a book or after school special. They might not make the decision I would like but it will be based on facts not fear mongering or judging from the outside.

And if my children do grow up to be "potheads" I would be perfectly fine. After all my life has turned out great.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
It works out to less but the win win comes in the form of deflected liability,,, beat an inmate to death and the state doesn't have to pay,, and corporations are very good at their own deflection. There are companies stateside that will take your law suit for a fee, like say if you are being sued by a municipality for 1 million for dumping xylene,, pay me $500,000 to be the defendant and I'll stall it for years,, it's another huge weird industry.
I've always been in favor of locking a bunch of criminals in a room so they could beat themselves to death.... Heck I'd probably even throw in a few tools they could use!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post

The problem is that our free medical system can't afford to treat the people with regular ailments let alone the drug induced ones. That alone is a good argument for stiffer sentences for drug infractions. Chances are that it may be cheaper holding people in jails rather than treating them in our medical system.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post

Neither should that morality apply to policy. Morality of this kind makes for a very poor bed fellow with policy.
Drug use costs the taxpayer and citizen a lot of money. Whether you label the policy making as morally or financially influenced is irrelevant. The fact is that society needs guidelines, otherwise you would have pandemonium.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:40 AM

Default Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysfishn View Post
The problem is that our free medical system can't afford to treat the people with regular ailments let alone the drug induced ones. That alone is a good argument for stiffer sentences for drug infractions. Chances are that it may be cheaper holding people in jails rather than treating them in our medical system.
I didn't know we had Glen Beck on the forum!! Yes I agree. Put them all in jail!! Harsher sentences and let them kill each other!! Afterall we live in one of the best countries in the world!! It would be even better if we threw in a little third world justice in the mix.

In case you didn't catch it, that's sarcasm.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_xi@hotmail.com View Post
I didn't know we had Glen Beck on the forum!! Yes I agree. Put them all in jail!! Harsher sentences and let them kill each other!! Afterall we live in one of the best countries in the world!! It would be even better if we threw in a little third world justice in the mix.

In case you didn't catch it, that's sarcasm.
Take out the sarcastic note and you're starting to make a little sense.....
Old 09-22-2011, 10:43 AM

Default Haha

Quote:
Drug use costs the taxpayer and citizen a lot of money. Whether you label the policy making as morally or financially influenced is irrelevant. The fact is that society needs guidelines, otherwise you would have pandemonium.
Yeah good thing the 40 year "War on Drugs" is still on. Or else there would be crackheads robbing innocents, and huge gang wars and muders on a daily basis. Pandemonium!! Not like real life at all!

Again sarcasm.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:45 AM
AvayaAce

Ask any policeman how many calls are booze related?? If they banned booze, we could let all the policeman go and pursue other jobs!
But.....it's LEGAL
Old 09-22-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBB View Post
Ask any policeman how many calls are booze related?? If they banned booze, we could let all the policeman go and pursue other jobs!
But.....it's LEGAL
Do you want to ban booze?
Old 09-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:

In EVERY example of decrim, there has never been pandemonium.

You are fear mongering and not aware of facts.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
The war on drugs is comparable in magnitude to the entire health care industry.

End the war. Decrease costs and increase revenues.

It's simple, and it's the foundation of a sustainable business model.

Again, you are responding to fear mongering.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:57 AM
AvayaAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Do you want to ban booze?
Ban Booze? probably not, but I'm just saying that when you respond to every call and booze is front and center, it makes a person think that 80% of people have no business drinking.
Pick your vice, but be aware that if it changes your mood and nature to something that is less than desirable.........IT'S NOT FOR YOU
Closed Thread