Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-11-2023, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
That 2 handed axe slash was intent to injure. That wasn't a hockey play that just went bad, that was thought out & premeditated. That should be AT LEAST two games, but since it's a Canadian team it happened to I wouldn't be AT ALL surprised if Petro-Angelo got just a fine and Nurse got suspended, would be just about right with this banana republic known as the NHL.

No suspension tells the rest of the league it's ok to try and take out the opposing teams star players in the last few minutes. Again, that wasn't a hockey play but a dirty vicious attack on another player.

Vegas sure loves to play dirty when they're losing, bunch of sore losers. How can they possibly be the least penalized team? Back to the refs seeing only what they wanna see I guess, or is it more sinister, the Puppet Master pulling the strings? I'll stick with abysmal reffing, for now

Last game I'm not sure how they can claim to not see the simultaneous high stick and cross check behind the net with the ref standing RIGHT there, weird

If they don't start calling a square game some players are really gonna get hurt, this is ridiculous.
Don't want to see a player on either team get hurt but i like it when ref's keep the whistle in their pocket. Will always be cheap shots..and I like that too it intensifies the game. Two handed slash and Stone ate the goal post , hard tough hockey. What goes around comes around. Unlike when they came up with the little fairy Gudreau rule "on the hand" where stick would touch a players glove and it was 2 minutes. Barf.
Old 05-11-2023, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
That 2 handed axe slash was intent to injure. That wasn't a hockey play that just went bad, that was thought out & premeditated. That should be AT LEAST two games, but since it's a Canadian team it happened to I wouldn't be AT ALL surprised if Petro-Angelo got just a fine and Nurse got suspended, would be just about right with this banana republic known as the NHL.

No suspension tells the rest of the league it's ok to try and take out the opposing teams star players in the last few minutes. Again, that wasn't a hockey play but a dirty vicious attack on another player.

Vegas sure loves to play dirty when they're losing, bunch of sore losers. How can they possibly be the least penalized team? Back to the refs seeing only what they wanna see I guess, or is it more sinister, the Puppet Master pulling the strings? I'll stick with abysmal reffing, for now

Last game I'm not sure how they can claim to not see the simultaneous high stick and cross check behind the net with the ref standing RIGHT there, weird

If they don't start calling a square game some players are really gonna get hurt, this is ridiculous.
I thought the refs called a much better game than the last one, at least in terms of high sticks, spearing and slashing. The Oilers took it to the Vegas D-men in a big way. Pietrangelo was hammered all night with good hits and let his frustration boil over. Still no excuse for his two handed slash - that was way more flagrant than interpreting Nurse's action as an instigator.

My guess is either Nurse gets one game and Pietrangelo gets two, or Nurse gets nothing and Pietrangelo gets one...
Old 05-11-2023, 09:00 AM

Peretangelo has been called for a hearing today so we'll see what shakes out as for nurse and the instigator penalty well that remains to be seen after the review, if you actually watch it Hauge dropped his gloves and started throwing punches first, but who knows.

The oilers played hard playoff hockey last night and need to keep it up, they have to be on top of LV at every move, now a best of 3

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 05-11-2023, 10:41 AM

Oiler will take the next 2 !!
Old 05-11-2023, 11:45 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Suspensions are going to be handed out after that gong show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-11-2023, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
Don't want to see a player on either team get hurt but i like it when ref's keep the whistle in their pocket. Will always be cheap shots..and I like that too it intensifies the game. Two handed slash and Stone ate the goal post , hard tough hockey. What goes around comes around. Unlike when they came up with the little fairy Gudreau rule "on the hand" where stick would touch a players glove and it was 2 minutes. Barf.
Honestly, every player in the NHL during the playoffs runs Stone when he’s standing in the blue paint trying to chip the puck in. That’s the cost of doing business in those areas during the post season. Stone would have gladly done the exact same to Yamamoto if the situation is reversed. It’s why I suspect there was no call on that one.

The much worse infraction than that was Kane running Pietrangelo from behind. It was dirty alright. Oilers have been basically targeting him all series and you can tell he was getting sick and frustrated with it, especially after no call on that.

However, there were so many things wrong with what Pietrangelo did. He wasn’t even in the play against Draisaitl. He thought Drai was getting an empty net goal, so he skated over to him, brought his stick over his head and two handed axe chopped him. The absolute most gutless play he could have mustered right there. Not a hockey play. Nothing but intent to injure. Literally no way to excuse it.

I’d bet Nurse gets a game for the instigator penalty with less than 5 to go (light call imo but whatever), and Pietrangelo gets a game for his actions given he’s got no record. NHL gets to keep their parity with each team giving up one of their best D for a game. World keeps spinning.
Old 05-11-2023, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Peretangelo has been called for a hearing today so we'll see what shakes out as for nurse and the instigator penalty well that remains to be seen after the review, if you actually watch it Hauge dropped his gloves and started throwing punches first, but who knows.

The oilers played hard playoff hockey last night and need to keep it up, they have to be on top of LV at every move, now a best of 3
That’d be a load, sir. Nurse jumped on the guy with punches. That’s when Hauge’s gloves came off. Nurse is gone for one game it seems. Pietrangelo should get one or two as well.
Old 05-11-2023, 12:53 PM

Las Vegas Golden Knight Alex Pietrangelo, has been suspended 2 games for slashing Oilers Leon Draisaitl, in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Old 05-11-2023, 12:57 PM

Default and

Quote:
Las Vegas Golden Knight Alex Pietrangelo, has been suspended 2 games for slashing Oilers Leon Draisaitl, in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
source?
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 05-11-2023, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Beware - there are lots of fake accounts out there on Twitter, but there has been no official announcement yet.
Old 05-11-2023, 01:24 PM

Nurse's automatic 1 game suspension has been upheld so he'll miss the next game and they are fining Woodcroft $10,000 both for violating the instigator rule. Nothing on Pietrangelo yet.

Last edited by DoePolicyAnalyst; 05-11-2023 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Had incorrect reason for the fine
Old 05-11-2023, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoePolicyAnalyst View Post
Nurse's automatic 1 game suspension has been upheld so he'll miss the next game and they are fining Woodcroft $10,000 both for violating the instigator rule. Nothing on Pietrangelo yet.
If they can't control there emotions go get a day job for 6 months ,there nothing special . Or go join the UFC and see how tough you are , I love hockey, but just plain out attacking another player or striking with your stick at another player to cause harm isn't cool.

If they don't change there attitude they will be golfing early ,LMAO watching these clowns .Edmonton has a great team and in order to win this stuff has to be kept in check or no cup which will tick me off.

Don't mind the regular rough stuff ,but wasting your whole season in the play offs is crazy.
Old 05-11-2023, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Suspensions are going to be handed out after that gong show!

Gong show? Looked more like playoff hockey to me. Love it
Old 05-11-2023, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Agree, hope the Oilers keep up the pace & the hits, go after Stone & whoever else the next two games. Vegas's rookie goalie seems to have a little bit of Billy in him.
Old 05-11-2023, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Yep.

Stay in their grill. Nurse took one for the team time to push harder in their barn and come home to finish it off.

My money is on petro getting 2 games.
Old 05-11-2023, 03:53 PM

I’m thinkin maybe the whole ‘intent to injure a marquee player’ might push that number to three (the series) considering Nurse and Woody got their lumps.

Flames prolly get a second round pick too.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 05-11-2023, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoePolicyAnalyst View Post
Beware - there are lots of fake accounts out there on Twitter, but there has been no official announcement yet.
Your right. Apologies. What was posted is gone now. No announcement as of 1 hr ago
Old 05-11-2023, 04:30 PM

Quote:

Ohhh don’t get me wrong that was awesome.
Luv complete chaos!!!
Line brawls and a tendy fight would have made my night.

Old 05-11-2023, 07:07 PM

So they each get a 1 game suspension Nurse and Pet.
That being said I find it ironic how some people were so angry with Petro (rightfully so) yet at the same time will excuse Kane and the absolute cheap shots and intent to injure that he does. Ie sucker punching and crosschecks. To be fair I think the suspension to Nurse though it follows the rules is dumb. I am fine with Petros suspension, however I would rather have seen Kane suspended for his crap over Nurse. Btw I don't cheer for or against either team.

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire
Old 05-11-2023, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post

Flames prolly get a second round pick too.

You just wiped smiles off the faces of every kid forecast to go in the second round.
Old 05-12-2023, 07:42 AM

Well Nurse gonna sit one out, up 4-1 and you skate 50 feet late in the 3rd to initiate a scrap

Hopefully after all those blows to the back of his skull plate and a time out smartened him up a bit

Should have made the deal to square up centre ice, next game, both fresh, shed the gloves, elbow pads, and lids....give the fans something to cheer for

Old 05-12-2023, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Well Nurse gonna sit one out, up 4-1 and you skate 50 feet late in the 3rd to initiate a scrap

Hopefully after all those blows to the back of his skull plate and a time out smartened him up a bit

Should have made the deal to square up centre ice, next game, both fresh, shed the gloves, elbow pads, and lids....give the fans something to cheer for
I disagree.
When it’s 4-1 late in the third , you can almost excpect dirty stuff from the losers and taking liberties on your tendy and stars.
You stop that at once.
Good job Nurse.
You give them an inch they gonna take a mile.
Old 05-12-2023, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
I disagree.
When it’s 4-1 late in the third , you can almost excpect dirty stuff from the losers and taking liberties on your tendy and stars.
You stop that at once.
Good job Nurse.
Agreed. Throw dart into those scuffles at the end and you are gonna hit someone guilty of instigating. Nurse stepped up at just the right time. Its a dumb rule but he knew what he was doing.

Glad petro got a game.

Boys got to reign it in tonight the zebras are going to be calling everything.
Old 05-12-2023, 08:03 AM

Nurse being out one game is no big loss for the Oilers. He is 5th on the depth chart.
Old 05-12-2023, 08:28 AM

Quote:
I disagree.
You stop that at once.
Good job Nurse.
When you are up 4-1 late in the third why are stars on the ice? For a myriad of reasons.
Old 05-12-2023, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I disagree.
You stop that at once.
Good job Nurse.

Place and time in which cost him a game who eats up a lot of time on the back end.

Cheap shots were handed out by both teams.

Guess we will see how the back end responds to Nurses decision tonight.

Old 05-12-2023, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Place and time in which cost him a game who eats up a lot of time on the back end.

Cheap shots were handed out by both teams.

Guess we will see how the back end responds to Nurses decision tonight.

It sends a message that they ain’t gonna take it.
I like it.
Sometimes, whether you get a penalty or not…… it’s best not to turn the other cheek.
Old 05-12-2023, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Black R/T View Post
Agreed. Throw dart into those scuffles at the end and you are gonna hit someone guilty of instigating. Nurse stepped up at just the right time. Its a dumb rule but he knew what he was doing.

Glad petro got a game.

Boys got to reign it in tonight the zebras are going to be calling everything.
Listening to Jason Gregor yesterday on my drive home. He was saying during the regular season this instigator penalty was called twice. Upon review by the NHL no suspensions or fines were given.

Yeah Nurse skated over, Hague dropped the gloves first and got in 8 punches before Nurse hit him.

Nurse got a game only because Peitro got a game. And there was no way they could ignore that slash. It's the NHL discipline group looking through rose coloured glasses at the game.

We'll win tonight without Nurse and finish them off Sunday back in Edmonton.

BW
Old 05-12-2023, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Listening to Jason Gregor yesterday on my drive home. He was saying during the regular season this instigator penalty was called twice. Upon review by the NHL no suspensions or fines were given.

Yeah Nurse skated over, Hague dropped the gloves first and got in 8 punches before Nurse hit him.

Nurse got a game only because Peitro got a game. And there was no way they could ignore that slash. It's the NHL discipline group looking through rose coloured glasses at the game.

BW
>>
Agreed and Pietrangelo will be lucky to make his way onto the ice pre-game alive, as the fans may lynch him! 2 hand, axe slash 29 on the forearms. Really dude?! You just made your job a whole bunch more dangerous
Old 05-12-2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post

BW
For sure. I wonder what the suspension would have been if an Oiler whacked Petrangelo like that. Way more than a game. And they say the NHL is not biased.