Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-08-2023, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Yeah. Bad enough to watch a choke for 2 hors, never mind 3! Almost time for the hind lick maneuver.
I can deal with the Oilers loss , Skinner lost that game in the first period . But if I have to sit through another CBC gem commercial I may consider cutting my wrists
Old 05-08-2023, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
LA is long gone I assume you meant LV
Ha,yup.Didnt matter though.Oil was a no show.
Old 05-08-2023, 09:42 PM

Oh well. Hopefully Campbell gets the nod next game.
Old 05-08-2023, 09:56 PM

Half the teams (well, more than half, really) in the play offs are playing with no goaltending. Crazy stuff.
Old 05-08-2023, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I can deal with the Oilers loss , Skinner lost that game in the first period . But if I have to sit through another CBC gem commercial I may consider cutting my wrists
The problem is the puck had to get around 5 other useless players before it got around Skinner!
Old 05-08-2023, 10:08 PM

CBC Gem commercials are a Canadian Heritage Moment....like the Leafs being swept.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-08-2023, 11:18 PM

No worries, this is the Oilers recipe over the last couple years. Let the other team win a couple in the first 3 and then steam roll them. The only exception is the Flames last year where the mighty oil couldn't stomach more than 1 loss.
Old 05-09-2023, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
No worries, this is the Oilers recipe over the last couple years. Let the other team win a couple in the first 3 and then steam roll them. The only exception is the Flames last year where the mighty oil couldn't stomach more than 1 loss.
Awkward humour implies you are worried. We all should be. Oilers are Canada’s last hope.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-09-2023, 04:38 AM

A stinker of a game for sure all around, put it behind us and move on to game 4 and get this thing tied up, that's the fan in me and the realist in me say's I don't like our chances if we go down 3 - 1, but then again look at Florida down 3 - 1 to Boston and have now won 6 in a row.

The 4 teams left in the west were all within 11 points of each other after 82 games so it's a crap shoot who comes out on top, I like to think it will be the Oil but there is lots of hockey to be played yet.

The bookies in LV are going nuts this year trying to lay odds

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 05-09-2023, 05:18 AM

I don’t blame that loss on Skinner. The Oil looked tired to me. We were brutal in our end.
Old 05-09-2023, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
Bury your chances. Be relentless.
The Oilers were not that last night. Brutal.
Old 05-09-2023, 06:43 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Well I would just like to send out a big fat raspberry to the NHL’s Gary Bet man and to sports net/ CBC for ruining the flow of the game. They have so many stupid commercials it starts to become painful to watch a game . They take a potential 2 hr game including intermissions and turn it into a 3 hr ordeal
Their play by play guy is beyond pathetic as well.
Wow....when on the receiving end of a spanking it’s like hurry up and end this misery then when handing out smack downs it’s like basking in the commercials enjoying social media

In all fairness I think that the game would have been slightly different if the German didn’t hit posts earlier in the first period....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-09-2023, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
In all fairness I think that the game would have been slightly different if the German didn’t hit posts earlier in the first period....
Agreed. I think the game has a very different outcome if that goes in, and a couple of the other early Grade A chances they had. But, they didn't...

I'm actually concerned about Hill coming in and getting hot, Brossoit was a known, and he was never going to steal a series. I hope the guy is OK, non contact injuries are usually bad news.

Skinner has to be better. I get that he made a couple 5 alarm saves, but that first one in the crease and the two where he gets beat clean, he's gotta have those. Campbell doesn't exactly look rock solid to me, but I'd be OK with giving him the game 4 start.

That was the worst game I've seen Bouchard play since Ekholm arrived. He was ATROCIOUS. Other than the "4th line", they were just bad from top to bottom. The "2nd line" was brutal. No wonder the blender came out.

Hyman's injury really worries me. If he can't go or is at 50%, that's a huge blow. Am I the only one that thought that hit was really dirty? For sure interference, and more likely that should have been a kneeing penalty all day long...

The reffing did NOT help. They simply weren't going to give the Oilers a call, period. It 100% sucks, but you have to adjust your game accordingly. Stupid crap like Draisaitl's slashes are always going to get called in a game like that, always. He does dumb stuff, he just can't seem to help himself.

I still have faith. They can pull this out just like they did against LA, but last night was a wakeup call. It's not going to be easy...
Old 05-09-2023, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Wow....when on the receiving end of a spanking it’s like hurry up and end this misery then when handing out smack downs it’s like basking in the commercials enjoying social media

My complaint isn’t specific to last nights game and has nothing to do with the Oilers laying an egg. It’s been my complaint forever. The stupid long commercial breaks ruin the flow of the game and CBC/Spotsnet are relentless with the replaying of their 3 commercials over and over and over . Gamble, gamble, gamble, CBC gem… Gamble gamble gamble CBC Gem. Etc etc etc …

One of the goals last night the play by play guy completely missed because he was yammering about something irrelevant to what was happening on the ice.
Old 05-09-2023, 09:32 AM

Quote:
........ It’s been my complaint forever. The stupid long commercial breaks ruin the flow of the game and CBC/Spotsnet are relentless with the replaying of their 3 commercials over and over and over . Gamble, gamble, gamble, CBC gem… Gamble gamble gamble CBC Gem. Etc etc etc …
I've noticed the same ads get repeated so often. I wonder if viewership is down for hockey and they have a hard time attracting other advertisers. I can't imagine that an ad for Gem brings in much, if any, money.
Old 05-09-2023, 11:41 AM

Quote:
My complaint isn’t specific to last nights game and has nothing to do with the Oilers laying an egg. It’s been my complaint forever. The stupid long commercial breaks ruin the flow of the game and CBC/Spotsnet are relentless with the replaying of their 3 commercials over and over and over . Gamble, gamble, gamble, CBC gem… Gamble gamble gamble CBC Gem. Etc etc etc …

One of the goals last night the play by play guy completely missed because he was yammering about something irrelevant to what was happening on the ice.

Control what you can control and manage the rest.

PVR if you have one or like one of our tv’s I can pause the show.
Come back say 20 minutes later and watch the game, fast foreword through the garbage.
I know it won’t take away the commentary but the mute button works too.
Stay off social media during this time and all is good.

It works, trust me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-09-2023, 11:47 AM

Quote:

Gretzky and McDavid shilling for gambling websites sickens me and makes the NHL brand look cheap and dirty. Sad that the money changed the NHL culture.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-09-2023, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Control what you can control and manage the rest.

PVR if you have one or like one of our tv’s I can pause the show.
Come back say 20 minutes later and watch the game, fast foreword through the garbage.
I know it won’t take away the commentary but the mute button works too.
Stay off social media during this time and all is good.

It works, trust me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That could work. I don’t have cable. I stream the games on CBC sports app. I know I know it’s a first world problem.
The point is the commercial breaks interrupt the flow of the game regardless of whether I watch them or not. The players standing around for several breaks each period just makes no sense.
Old 05-09-2023, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Gretzky and McDavid shilling for gambling websites sickens me and makes the NHL brand look cheap and dirty. Sad that the money changed the NHL culture.
This is an excellent reason to not be a fan of Edmonton’s club anymore if I ever heard one.
I’d cheer for strictly flames now.
I love gambling and hockey both.
Therefore,
All the more reason to support Edmonton.
Do the right thing.
Old 05-09-2023, 12:57 PM

All those Vegas Karen memes sure look stupid today. 5-1 annnnnd 5-1.
Old 05-09-2023, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
This is an excellent reason to not be a fan of Edmonton’s club anymore if I ever heard one.
I’d cheer for strictly flames now.
I love gambling and hockey both.
Therefore,
All the more reason to support Edmonton.
Do the right thing.
There's even one ad from a gambling site that says it teaches you how to gamble AND budget lol.
Old 05-10-2023, 06:51 AM

Big push tonight boy's we need to get this back to 2 - 2 heading back to sin city

GO OIL

Old 05-10-2023, 09:18 PM

Better start boys!!!!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 05-10-2023, 09:24 PM

They are taking to many penalties, LV is going to capitalize on one of them, STAY OUT OF THE BAX BOYS

Old 05-10-2023, 09:43 PM

Draisailtl is in beast mode tonight. Love the reverse hits!
Old 05-10-2023, 10:32 PM

Big win fellas! Bring it home from lost vegans and win er at home! Wehooo! GO OIL
Old 05-10-2023, 10:46 PM

Great tilt!
Old 05-10-2023, 11:27 PM

Helluva game!!!
Old 05-11-2023, 04:16 AM

That 2 handed axe slash was intent to injure. That wasn't a hockey play that just went bad, that was thought out & premeditated. That should be AT LEAST two games, but since it's a Canadian team it happened to I wouldn't be AT ALL surprised if Petro-Angelo got just a fine and Nurse got suspended, would be just about right with this banana republic known as the NHL.

No suspension tells the rest of the league it's ok to try and take out the opposing teams star players in the last few minutes. Again, that wasn't a hockey play but a dirty vicious attack on another player.

Vegas sure loves to play dirty when they're losing, bunch of sore losers. How can they possibly be the least penalized team? Back to the refs seeing only what they wanna see I guess, or is it more sinister, the Puppet Master pulling the strings? I'll stick with abysmal reffing, for now

Last game I'm not sure how they can claim to not see the simultaneous high stick and cross check behind the net with the ref standing RIGHT there, weird

If they don't start calling a square game some players are really gonna get hurt, this is ridiculous.
Old 05-11-2023, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
Draisailtl is in beast mode tonight. Love the reverse hits!
Yeah he is the complete package for sure.