Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
What is meant by “fired out of battery”?
The slide was pulled back slightly. Action wasn't fully closed.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeguy21 View Post
When the white cattle farmer was sentenced for 1.2m in theft I didn't see you upset on that thread. You only care here because it involves first nations...

Heck the forum here was defending the white cattle farmer for his crimes. People here were excusing him.

Meanwhile those that arent charged are the ones being attacked here. Hmmm I wonder why.
I didn't read that thread at all nor did I have any knowledge of it.

Those that aren't charged need to be charged because of the crimes they have committed. If they don't get charged it is yet again another failure of our system.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
Here is the casing with the bulge (image released today, source https://mobile.twitter.com/angelinaiCTV) -

Here is a schematic of a TT-33 -

No neck, bulge in the back. To me this is pretty obvious - fired out of battery.

I find the no neck issue is very strange. I'd have to say that pretty much shows it was not fully chambered and expanded.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
The defence isnt going to argue self defence. Defence even said Gerald Stanley didnt see a gun. Defence mentioned its not abouy lethal force to repel a threat..

Defence opening statements mentioned is it reasonable to fire warning shots... that's what it comes down to.

Stanley will take the stand...

So much for the theories everyones come up with. Stanley's defence hinges on a hang fire and a made up story of his wife being run over by a car.
I don’t think the crown proved their case. There is reasonable doubt which means innocent on murder charges. Doesn’t matter if his wife was there or not. He fired warning shots and had a hang fire and the guy ended up shot. This is what at most he is guilty of:

Manslaughter

Definition: A homicide committed without the intention to cause death, although there may have been an intention to cause harm. There are two broad categories of manslaughter:

Unlawful act — when a person commits a crime that unintentionally results in the death of another person. For example, an individual punches someone in the face, and that person dies of his or her injuries, or someone fires their gun carelessly in public and unintentionally shoots a bystander.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
The slide was pulled back slightly. Action wasn't fully closed.
Thanks for clarifying. I agree 100% that the case shows that.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
Better check your facts. The accused has not testified. The First Nations woman admitted to assaulting Mrs. Stanley.
Exactly
Again things could of went the other way,
They could of killed Stanley , stole the quad , beat the crap out of his wife like those 2 drunk native girls tried to do and was testified already in court
They could of killed his son

The man had every right to defend his place , and if the gun just went off then even more so he's not guilty

He should never of been charged , same as my uncle , the RCMP did not want to charge him , it was a few months after that the crown just couldn't stand the face of someone getting shot and not being charge ,

People need to know this , it is not allowed to just shoot someone for stealing your quad or anything ,

You are allowed to defend yourself and your love ones at all time , and if your being robbed and you fear for your life , defend yourself , doesn't mean shoot or kill someone , you can defend yourself in many way , even with a baseball bat

Just make sure you know , they most likely will charge you and you will have to defend yourself in the courts

Better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6
Old 02-05-2018, 10:43 AM
Banned

Defences first witnesses a guy who's upset at the media stories being printed and a hunter who had to read from the hunters safety manual..

Both supposed to provide testimony on hang fires... LOL
Old 02-05-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Because the CBC, and many others, hate white males.

Same reason they post photos of the dead one in nice clothing and post photos of the hard working, tax paying farmer in dirt old clothing, you know WORK clothes.
Ironically the white farmer statement was changed to just farmer now.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:44 AM
Banned

Twitter

Next witness: Murray Fouhy testifying about damage done to vehicles on farm. In one truck, keys in ignition, radio blasting. We previously heard Boushie and group were on the "Fouhy" farm and Cassidy Cross & Eric Meechance were attempting to break into a truck.

Fouhy is being shown photos of damage to property. Says he remembers seeing the broken stock to a rifle and assumed it was used to try and break the truck window.

https://mobile.twitter.com/angelinaiCTV
Old 02-05-2018, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ironically the white farmer statement was changed to just farmer now.
I am not surprised
Old 02-05-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Defences first witnesses a guy who's upset at the media stories being printed and a hunter who had to read from the hunters safety manual..

Both supposed to provide testimony on hang fires... LOL
How do you explain the bulged case and neck gone if it wasn’t a hangfire?
Old 02-05-2018, 10:46 AM
Banned

Stanley fires two warning shots and goes for third.

Click hang fire.

Removes mag (or not)

Pull back slide a bit.

Boom

I still think this is an accident and Stanley had poor muzzle control, the result of being stressed out by the situation and confused about his firearm malfunction. This was no “execution”
Old 02-05-2018, 10:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
How do you explain the bulged case and neck gone if it wasn’t a hangfire?
He can't.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:50 AM

Regardless of the outcome of this trial, of First Degree Murder, there is another Trial in March, for Second Degree Murder, and then the weapons offenses charges.
There is a lot to read about this.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-05-2018, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Regardless of the outcome of this trial, of First Degree Murder, there is another Trial in March, for Second Degree Murder, and then the weapons offenses charges.
The crown won't stop until they stick it to this white farmer. We know that much.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:56 AM

If the individuals had have drove into the yard and actually asked for help this would not be a story.

As for a race issue I get the feeling if any group of people entered a yard with the same intentions their actions would have triggered the same response.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
But the "victims" have to defend themselves against no charges despite testifying under oath to committing several crimes.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
The crown won't stop until they stick it to this white farmer. We know that much.
How so?
Old 02-05-2018, 11:04 AM

Norwest- Long and short in my opinion, just a WAG; he will be convicted of 2nd degree murder, will be convicted of all the arms charges, will serve 10-15 years. IF he had not shot the kid in the head while leaning in the vehicle (if that's what happened) execution style he may have had a chance. I can see the argument being 'the kid had a rifle, said he was going to kill us, I saw it but did not see it was broken' getting him off 1st degree but the pressure of the protestors and simply where the Trial is being held is going to cost Stanley dearly.
I was not there, I did not see what happened, but the 'evidence' is pretty damning. I don't see a good outcome in any way.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-05-2018, 11:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
How so?
Never let a good crisis go to waste. They'll wanna throw the book at Stanley. Murder of a peaceful indigenous young lad just turning his life around.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Norwest- Long and short in my opinion, just a WAG; he will be convicted of 2nd degree murder, will be convicted of all the arms charges, will serve 10-15 years. IF he had not shot the kid in the head while leaning in the vehicle (if that's what happened) execution style he may have had a chance. I can see the argument being 'the kid had a rifle, said he was going to kill us, I saw it but did not see it was broken' getting him off 1st degree but the pressure of the protestors and simply where the Trial is being held is going to cost Stanley dearly.
I was not there, I did not see what happened, but the 'evidence' is pretty damning. I don't see a good outcome in any way.
I hope you're wrong Ken. Like I say I know very little of the case but know in my mind the no one should be poking around anyone's property uninvited. This was the first event that got the snowball rolling. It this had not happened then we wouldn't have a thread to debate.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch_m View Post
Lol
Who made you the judge all of a sudden , you say not justified,

It has already came out in evidence from the rcmp on the stand they had a weapon with them
It came out in evidence when the window was smashed he drove the vehicle into another vehicle ,

He was justified the min they tried to steal his quad , and even more so when he walked up to the vehicle and I would almost bet he will testify that he seen they had a long gun

The facts are plain and simple
And I have been following it since the day it happen ,

I have seen this happen befor , my uncle Dave shot and killed a young bad man ,while they was robbing his garage , 3 of them , they robbed his place 2 times , stole his quad and chainsaw , on the 3"rd time he was ready , middle of the night he heard them and went out into his garage , he shot and killed the one as he was running and jumping into the truck , shot him in his back , very sad as a young man was killed ,

Read about here as you two seem to think your lawyers , or try to come across as know it alls

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...rglar-1.666778

I feel sorry for the loss of life when this stuff happens , but A person has to be able to defend himself or his family and that even means if he fears for his life , stay the hell off of people's places and stop stealing ,

Any person with comman sense knows darn well what they was up to , drunk and just looking to raise hell , Sadly they got what they was looking for and the one is most likely in hell

If it went the other way and they killed Stanley and tied his son up while they raped his mother , Stanley's wife , you two bleeding hearts still would think they shouldn't be in jail and for sure not hung

Stanley didn't know he had a gun says his Lawyer. Charles Hamilton

Verified account

@_chamilton
2h2 hours ago
More
Spencer: "Colten had a rifle between his legs pointing at Gerry. Gerry wasn't aware of that...this wasn't about using lethal force to repel a threat..this wasn't about that."

Now what say you?

Seems they are really going with the accident end of things. Perhaps it was.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Never let a good crisis go to waste. They'll wanna throw the book at Stanley. Murder of a peaceful indigenous young lad just turning his life around.
Ash ic. Was just thinking of cases here locally where someone was shot dead and no convictions were handed out.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:15 AM
Banned

Found it interesting that the defence lawyer requested a break as the crown wasnt questioning his witnesses half as much as he expected.

The defence actually said the lack of questioning is getting us out of sync with our witnesses.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
My freedom comes from the fact I won't be spending the next 25 years behind bars. But hey, if your quad means that much to you, let er rip. I won't judge you.

Personal choices.....
The only trouble is Jamie, and totally hypothetical after they load the Quad, and the Police aren't there yet they gut the garage, still no sirens.
Then thinking they in the clear and this is easy pickings they see the camera or you peeking out the window.
Now it's only another 1-2 minutes to smash down the door, burn the house with you in it so there are no witnesses, or make sure nobody talks in other ways that end up with a bunch of funerals of your loved ones.

At what point do you stop turtling and load the 12 ga?

Myself- the second after I get off the phone with the RCMP giving them the address or land location and description of vehicle and criminals, telling them I am armed and protecting our lives. Best hurry.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
That's not the defence hes going with. The defence hes going with is posted in this thread already. I'm actually surprised its not I saw a gun and I acted in self defence. I guess the evidence doesnt support that outcome.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
I hope you're wrong Ken. Like I say I know very little of the case but know in my mind the no one should be poking around anyone's property uninvited. This was the first event that got the snowball rolling. It this had not happened then we wouldn't have a thread to debate.
Me too. I agree, if you are not invited and looking to do harm it may cost you. BUT the loudest outcry right now in the dead center of the worst City in Canada (North Battleford) for Criminal Activity BY the people that are rarely convicted (Gladue) is for blood. I don't think Stanley has a chance, nobody in Court including the Judge will have the balls to stand up to them.

Knowing what little I do, killing him cold blooded was wrong. If it was truly an accident, it will be very hard to prove, because he had the tool in his hand to carry it out.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:24 AM
Banned

Ken.. Do you really see me as the "peeking out the window type"?
LOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

We all like to THINK we would know what we would do. But until that adrenaline starts to rush no one really knows.

Given the choice Ken between someone stealing your boat and you shooting him in the head what would you do. Remember the only thing you know is this.

Pull the trigger and you get to keep your boat. Don't pull the trigger and the boat is gone.

Whats your call? All hypothetical I know and so many more things were going on with Stanley.. I get that. But my point is this. IT WAS STUFF.

I don't judge him for his choice to confront these scumbags. I just know the consequences seem really high here.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:28 AM

This case makes me sad and mad. Stay the F off of peoples property and it would never have happened. It's not like the accused went looking for trouble, it found him. Sadly we have the outcome we ended up with, and there will be no "justice". No matter what happens, someone will feel slighted. And it was so easy to avoid.

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-05-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
This case makes me sad and mad. Stay the F off of peoples property and it would never have happened. It's not like the accused went looking for trouble, it found him. Sadly we have the outcome we ended up with, and there will be no "justice". No matter what happens, someone will feel slighted. And it was so easy to avoid.
you are so right
Closed Thread