OP has another question

I have not heard the term “eye box”
Meaning please

Thank you
This may help: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qGoEjh7LXRM
Old 12-27-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And using European hunting scopes exclusively for over 20 years, I have never had one fail on me, so it couldn't be used. The best warranty, is the one that I don't have to use, and I am not paranoid enough to choose optics based on the warranty.

Missed the part where I said I use Leupold & Zeiss elk? Both fine scopes in their own rights and I've never had a problem with a scope of either brand.

I'm not paranoid either. Just well aware of what you get for the money, and IF Swaro made all the models and versions Leupold does...I still wouldn't buy one because theres not a big enough difference to justify the price dif. Imo of course.

My how elitist some at AO have become the past while. I should say 4 or 5 have become. Leupolds aren't good enough now. LOL. Probably had a hand in shooting more game than any other scope manufacturer in the last 20 years but hey. Still not good enough.
Old 12-27-2021, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Missed the part where I said I use Leupold & Zeiss elk? Both fine scopes in their own rights and I've never had a problem with a scope of either brand.

I'm not paranoid either. Just well aware of what you get for the money, and IF Swaro made all the models and versions Leupold does...I still wouldn't buy one because theres not a big enough difference to justify the price dif. Imo of course.

My how elitist some at AO have become the past while. I should say 4 or 5 have become. Leupolds aren't good enough now. LOL. Probably had a hand in shooting more game than any other scope manufacturer in the last 20 years but hey. Still not good enough.
At one time, every one of my rifles wore a Leupold, but other companies kept improving while Leupold pretty much just raised their prices, until other companies caught up in the mid priced scopes, at similar prices. So now I find that I find more for my money with other brands. It's nothing to do with being elitest, I could spend as much or more for Leupold, I just choose not to.
Old 12-27-2021, 05:39 PM
Banned

Quote:

How do you figure a ZEISS v4 or a Swarovski z3 or z5 is elitist?
They are the same price as a mid range leupold?
Leupold was popular because there wasn’t many other options
Now their is better choices for the same money
Old 12-27-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:
As good as any other Euro 4x. 30mm tube out there. Making it a large chunk better than anything made/assembled in NA

No idea where you pull V4 not being anything special from to be honest. Yet the 6x is?
I have a brand spanken new V4 right here sitting in the box, for some reason I like the HD 5 3x15x42 a bit more, in fact I like my 6500's better then it , for me I find better I relief ,but that just me .

Since when does one guy like an optic for all to shoot or one other person, I put my own scope on what my eyes like not yours . There is no way i can tell you what your eyes really like out of all the scopes out there. To suggest is fine and nothing wrong with that at all ,but I've been using euro scopes since 1985 ,80 percent of my hunting life.

No big deal to me at all, the V6 I thought was holding it's own to the HT'S ,but for that kinda loot and the amount of time I hunt these days I past on it.

The V4 was a gift ,so I will use it ,just tried it out in a hurry and put back what I had on my 7mm. I sold 90 percent of my rifles 2 years ago when i had my aneurism, but I did hang on to several scopes, just in case .

Depth perception is a personal thing on how we all see stuff ,even in bino's ,no big thing that's new .

CHEERS
JD

Last edited by JD848; 12-27-2021 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-27-2021, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
I have a brand spanken new V4 right here sitting in the box, for some reason I like the HD 5 3x15x42 a bit more, in fact I like my 6500's better then it , for me I find better I relief ,but that just me .

Since when does one guy like an optic for all to shoot or one other person, I put my own scope on what my eyes like not yours . There is no way i can tell you what your eyes really like out of all the scopes out there. To suggest is fine and nothing wrong with that at all ,but I've been using euro scopes since 1985 ,80 percent of my hunting life.

No big deal to me at all, the V6 I thought was holding it's own to the HT'S ,but for that kinda loot and the amount of time I hunt these days I past on it.

The V4 was a gift ,so I will use it ,just tried it out in a hurry and put back what I had on my 7mm. I sold 90 percent of my rifles 2 years ago when i had my aneurism, but I did hang on to several scopes, just in case .

Depth perception is personal thing on how we all see stuff ,even in bino's ,no big thing that's new .

CHEERS
JD
A very well respected gun writer said the very same thing not too long ago on a different forum, basically not everyone sees the same through a particular scope, because all our eyes are different .

It's Same as aperture sights, what I need for a good 500 meter sight picture as far as front and rear diopters go , is not automatically good for someone else, another shooter may need more or less opening for either of them or both on the same target ........
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 12-27-2021 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-27-2021, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
A very well respected gun writer said the very same thing not too long ago on a different forum, basically not everyone sees the same through a particular scope, because all our eyes are different .

It's Same as aperture sights, what I need for a good 500 meter sight picture as far as front and rear diopters go , is not automatically good for someone else, another shooter made need more or less opening for either of them or both on the same target ........
Cat
Thank you CAT, I have a brother who shoot's very well, but we both like different scopes or how my eye relief isn't like his, at first he thought I was doing this to egg him on and finally it sunk in. We both see or need different optics ,but i have 5 bro's so arguing isn't new .

JD
Old 12-27-2021, 07:05 PM

I've owned most brands of scopes that a guy that has been a blue collar guy his whole career could hope to have. I really believe in the optics world you do indeed get what you pay for though. Here is a list of what I currently have and every one of them have been awesome for me and honestly that is all I care about.

Leupold on my Browning 30.06
Vortex on my Winchester .270
Nikon on my Browning 12 ga slug gun
Bauch & Lombe ( was originally on my .270 back in 1988) now on my late dad's Marlin.22 mag
Scorpion on my Howa 22.250
Tasco red dot on my Winchester .22 semi
Leupold on my T/C black powder

So you can see, I'm not brand loyal so to speak. I don't ever feel like I'm under gunned or under scoped. These simply work for me and will continue to do so until I'm done.

~ Michael