Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2014, 11:40 PM
Banned

I agree with Hunter Dave. what we need is a minority government. That will be good for the province and get us back to that Alberta Advantage.

Here is to the demise of the PC government in the coming months.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
So, Redford is gone and a few still hold hope that a single person, a new leader, will right the PC ship? It's going to take a heck of a lot more than one person to save this sinking ship, let alone get it back on course. The best that the PC can hope for is a complete rebuild, and that's going to take longer than between now and the next election. The PC will be a gong show to watch from now up til the election.

What I'd like to see is the Wildrose win a minority government in the next election. They already have experience as the official opposition and they have done extremely well. If they can do well as a minority government, then I say hand them the reins in 2020(?) and let them govern the province as a majority government.
Minority government always sounds nice till you have they have to govern. I think we witnessed a what a minority government is in Canada. Its neutered and has to porogue just to stay alive, and any legistlation is subject to additions and deletions. Any government dealing with unpresidented growth needs a mandate to govern unencumbered by delay and partisan politicking associated with most minority situations. Its one thing for a party to have to succumb to grovelling with other parties on top of dealing with public pressure, the next government needs to govern and be fully functional. We learned with a neutered government it means they are either they are starting an election or stopping one. Half their energy goes to finding an advantage to when the next election will be called rather doing the work they need to.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:06 AM

Well, we're at least ONE step closer to being a rat-free province!

A minority WR government just will not cut it, and end in a bigger mess than we see now. Top it off with 43 years of PC appointments and cronyism, and WR would be a one hit wonder lasting for a shorter period than Ally-Boo-Boo.

The few true conservatives that remain in the party will tell you they need a time out to purge the cancer that has been allowed to percolate ever since Ralph's last 2 years when even he admitted they were lost.

Finally, who in their right mind with good intentions would want to sign on at the helm now anyway? We'll see an interim leader and governance by commitee (ie. bob rae) until 6 months previous to the slated election. At which point they'll trot out their very own shiny pony. I'm hoping it's tommy idziack.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:18 AM

Now if we can only be so lucky and get rid of the Beast of BC like you folks it would be a banner year

Gratz on your kill lol
Old 03-20-2014, 12:20 AM
Banned

I'll agree with you Smokey, it takes a lot more work, cooperation and backroom deals to get things accomplished but that just adds to the experience of the party. I'm sure that there are a lot of voters hesitant to vote for a relatively inexperience party like the Wildrose and uncomfortable with them having a majority government. Harper played his minority card well and, although some of the things that he wanted to do as a minority stalled a bit, a few years later he got the majority that he wanted.

I think that after the PC changes that have to be made, all parties working together would be a good way of getting back to where we need to be.....slowly. Certainly concessions would have to be made along the way but I don't think that would hurt anything.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:26 AM
Gone Hunting

A minority government eh? HMMM? And how would we go about getting this eunuch?

Have we not wasted enough time and money? So we elect the WR but tie one hand behind their back and ask them to clap? The PCs had a majority and look what they did with the job, and that's after how many years in government as a majority. So now some of you would like to take the new party, hamstring it and expect it to deliver the Alberta Advantage? Really??? If you like what we've had, vote PC. If not vote WR. It really is that simple.

How about we elect a majority and charge them to do the best job they can? Then we will see what they are made of.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 03-20-2014, 12:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
A minority WR government just will not cut it, and end in a bigger mess than we see now. Top it off with 43 years of PC appointments and cronyism, and WR would be a one hit wonder lasting for a shorter period than Ally-Boo-Boo.

The few true conservatives that remain in the party will tell you they need a time out to purge the cancer that has been allowed to percolate ever since Ralph's last 2 years when even he admitted they were lost.
Honey Boo Boo? On of the first things that Ally Boo Boo did was purge the PC caucus of the old boy's club......remember that? Someone's gotta put a revolving door in the Legislature Building.....lol! This WILL be a gong show to watch......lol!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Well, we're at least ONE step closer to being a rat-free province!

Couldn't resist.....

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me
Old 03-20-2014, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod1960 View Post
couldn't resist.....

very nice!!! Lol
Old 03-20-2014, 12:50 AM
Banned

Well, you don't vote to get a minority government but what I`m saying is that if it worked out that way, it would give the Wildrose party the opportunity to shine. As an inexperience party that has never governed before, checks and balances would be in place ensuring that they don`t mess things up too badly. Any party that opposed what Albertans want would be viewed as saboteurs, all the while the Wildrose would be gaining experience and attracting voters.

It doesn`t do any good to throw them into the breach and then watch them fall flat. I think that patience with a party that only formed in 2008 is the key to their success and longevity.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:22 AM
Gone Hunting

double post.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:24 AM
Gone Hunting

She looks just like Miley, but Alison had to resign cause she wasn'tworking

[/QUOTE]

Old 03-20-2014, 02:53 AM
Banned

The same thing could happen that happened to the Liberal's at the Fed level.

A minority government with anyone but the PC's with the edge.

After 43 years of PC control they feel they have the right to do what ever they want and that has been evident. They have become too complacent.

You cannot give any one other party full control they don'y have experience in running this province.
But working in a new one slowly that would work. Then hope that party will get an eventual majority.

But Alas no matter what happens it seems the majority of this province votes PC anyway.
Has there been enough to persuade Albertans to vote another way?

Time will tell, but after a 43 yr love affair it's hard to look at someone new.

I know I won't vote PC in the next election.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:39 AM

It is beyond me why people are so terrified of Wild Rose. They are experienced politicians with a plan and a strong desire to make Alberta a better place.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganderblaster View Post
It is beyond me why people are so terrified of Wild Rose. They are experienced politicians with a plan and a strong desire to make Alberta a better place.
But but what if the WR get into power and make some mistakes?
Old 03-20-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Guess she won't pay back the 45k now.
Best $45,000 we Albertans have ever spent!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog15 View Post
Thank goodness Tommy boy is no longer the deputy premier. Normally it would be the deputy who steps in now but really, is Hancock any better than the Queen?

Let's see how quickly Gary Marr comes back from exile in China. Between his time in the U.S. and more recently his time spent in China as an ambassador, tracing what this has cost the AB taxpayers should be very interesting. Private school education costs alone for his kids will make Redford's transgressions of $45K seem like chump change.
Mar has likely booked a flight and is packing right now - even if it would mean a cut to his present salary. More of the same old, same old.

Bring on Wild Rose before we sink without trace.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganderblaster View Post
Fear of the unknown, and they have some different ideas. I am not convinced yet, that they will be the answer. Their conduct in the next two years, will be scrutinized a lot by people, including me, who may be considering voting for them.

They have revealed a lot of misconduct, and incompetence with the PC party, especially the Hereford. She is now gone, time to switch gears, and start telling us what they are going to do for the Province, especially the staggering debt the PC boneheads have accumulated.

Due to the fact that the WR has never been in power there is no way anyone can know if they will do good or not. If you are not familiar with the WR, look at their website and review their policies, actually check out all the parties policies. Then at least you can make a somewhat informed decision on your own, rather than listening to a lot of people who know very little of what they talk about, and whose total knowledge of politics and party members is based on "one" statement they heard somewhere?

All politicians will hurt you, you just have to decide which ones are worth suffering for.

Last edited by bobalong; 03-20-2014 at 06:51 PM.