Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-23-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
The politicians are quoting you now Randy...but in a good way!

MEDIA RELEASE
CANDICE HOEPPNER, MP

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, August 23, 2010

VAST MAJORITY OF POLICE CALLING FOR END OF LONG-GUN REGISTRY MP Hoeppner Says Survey Contradicts CACP'S Claim that Police Support Maintaining the Registry

Morden, MB - Candice Hoeppner, Member of Parliament for Portage-Lisgar, responded today to a survey of Canadian police officers on the long-gun registry revealing that the vast majority of police officers are calling for the end of the long-gun registry.

"This survey proves what I have been saying all along - that the CACP and the CPA do not, as they claim, speak for Canadian police officers on this issue," said Candice Hoeppner. "As I have met with police chiefs and front-line officers this past year, I have repeatedly said that police support for maintaining the long-gun registry is far from unanimous; in fact, it seems that the opposite is true - police support to end the registry is overwhelming!"

Edmonton police officer Randy Kuntz's national survey of Canadian police officers revealed that 92 percent of police officers in Canada want Members of Parliament to vote in favour of scrapping the long-gun registry. 2,631 officers responded to the survey in a police magazine asking officers whether they supported the registry as a useful working tool. 2,410 officers responded that the registry is a useless crime fighting tool that did not assist them in the performance of their duties.

"Canadian Police Association President Charles Momy appeared at committee this spring and referred to a survey demonstrating police support for the long-gun registry - a survey that he admitted involved just 400 officers,"
Hoeppner commented. "This new survey involved over 2600 officers and strongly contradicts Mr. Momy's position. It seems obvious that a survey sample of 2600 is far more reliable than a survey of 400."

Hoeppner commented that both the CACP's and CPA's defense of the long-gun registry is based on the notion that police officers use it and want it, while Kuntz's survey shows that simply isn't true.

"Front-line officers - the constables and sergeants in the field - are throwing their support behind Bill C-391, while individuals like Mr. Momy and Chief Blair continue to defend a useless and unreliable gun database,"

Hoeppner continued. "It begs the question: 'Exactly who are they speaking for?'"
"This survey just shows again that it's high time to put an end to the long-gun registry - it has not made Canadians safer, it is not a reliable tool for police, and it does not make sense to continue to pay for it,"
concluded Hoeppner.

In June, the Opposition-dominated Public Safety Committee passed a motion calling for Hoeppner's bill to be defeated. That vote will take place in the House of Commons on September 22nd.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:29 PM

As always well done Randy!

We all need to be active in this fight. I'm getting fired up just thinking about the Liberals billion dollar blunder!

Cheers to you Randy!

Chad
Old 08-24-2010, 08:40 PM

Tomorrow

5am Toronto CBC
515am Ottawa CBC

10am CKNW Vancouver. Bob Good show.

You guys and gals rock

Thanks for the support

I will do my best for you
Old 08-24-2010, 10:51 PM

'Break A Leg, Randy!'....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-25-2010, 02:07 AM

As the long rifle registry lies in a deep hole it's guys like Randy that can smash it over the head with a big rock and throw dirt on it. Nice to see the media exposure, especially CBC, they are the Government anyway
Old 08-25-2010, 05:08 PM

Tomorrow

CBC Calgary 0640hrs

Friday

Alberta Primetime - CTV 115pm. I will be in a debate with the Edmonton Police Assoc. president Tony Simioni

Tony and I agree on many matter so the word "debate" may not take on the regular meaning. He is representing the Canadian Police Assoc. tho.....

Thanks again for the support.

Anyone wanna buy my rifle so I can pay my cell phone bill??????????????
Old 08-25-2010, 05:12 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Tomorrow

CBC Calgary 0640hrs

Friday

Alberta Primetime - CTV 115pm. I will be in a debate with the Edmonton Police Assoc. president Tony Simioni

Tony and I agree on many matter so the word "debate" may not take on the regular meaning. He is representing the Canadian Police Assoc. tho.....

Old 08-25-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Tomorrow

CBC Calgary 0640hrs

Friday

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
Within twelve hours of having your PayPal email address I will send you some funds for your cell bill. You can send it via pm if you like.
I'm in on that as well
Old 08-25-2010, 05:18 PM

I'm in too Randy...BTW, which of your .30-06s are you sending me?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-25-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted canuck View Post
I'm in too Randy...BTW, which of your .30-06s are you sending me?
My 30-06????? When they pry it from my cold dead fingerslol

Seriously guys, I am not in need of anything but a little sleep, but thanks
Old 08-26-2010, 06:53 PM

Friday August 28

7pm. I will be on Access Channel on "Alberta Primetime"

We tape at 1pm and it airs at 7pm

Now here's the story....

I was supposed to debate with Tony Simioni, President of the Edmonton Police Assoc. Tony decided the optics on this were bad, I agreed and he bowed out

Producer for the show decided EPS Superintendent Brad Doucette would replace him. I explained that Brad could easily be my supervisor in the future and this would put us both in a tough spot. Brad really wanted to do this, but I don't think he considered the future. So that wont be happening.

I had to phone this producer three times to find out who I will be debating.....

Now it might be Mike McCormack, President of the Toronto Police Assoc. or it could be the Chief of Lethbridge Police Service.......

show is taping in less than 18hrs and I still dont know who I am dealing with...

But Im going regardless.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:09 PM

Randy, I've spent the past few days mulling about how to properly express my gratitude for what you are doing here for us all at great personal expense.

I've come to the conclusion that in fact, there really are not enough words in the english language to properly convey the magnitude of your actions, other than a simple 'Thank You'.

You are proof positive that one person CAN make a difference, and regardless of how things turn out on September 22, 2010, you HAVE made a difference by showing everyone that their voices can and will matter, big or small.

Humbly and gratefully yours,
Sean
Old 08-26-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Randy, I've spent the past few days mulling about how to properly express my gratitude for what you are doing here for us all at great personal expense.

I've come to the conclusion that in fact, there really are not enough words in the english language to properly convey the magnitude of your actions, other than a simple 'Thank You'.

You are proof positive that one person CAN make a difference, and regardless of how things turn out on September 22, 2010, you HAVE made a difference by showing everyone that their voices can and will matter, big or small.

Humbly and gratefully yours,
Sean
Sean,

It has been my pleasure. Telling people the truth and getting in sh(t is what I do best.

Being an ego-maniacal media w$h%o$r%e5 doesn't hurt either......

Seriously, I really appreciate you guys. We will see how she all washes out in September.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Friday August 28

7pm. I will be on Access Channel on "Alberta Primetime"

We tape at 1pm and it airs at 7pm

Now here's the story....

I was supposed to debate with Tony Simioni, President of the Edmonton Police Assoc. Tony decided the optics on this were bad, I agreed and he bowed out

Producer for the show decided EPS Superintendent Brad Doucette would replace him. I explained that Brad could easily be my supervisor in the future and this would put us both in a tough spot. Brad really wanted to do this, but I don't think he considered the future. So that wont be happening.

I had to phone this producer three times to find out who I will be debating.....

Now it might be Mike McCormack, President of the Toronto Police Assoc. or it could be the Chief of Lethbridge Police Service.......

show is taping in less than 18hrs and I still dont know who I am dealing with...

But Im going regardless.
Right on, will be watching that for sure. Thanks for all you are doing for us.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:15 PM

Thanks Randy.

For those of you who want to see a clip of our fellow Alberta outdoorsman in action. Here is a link to the CTV newsclip.

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=EdmontonHome
Old 08-26-2010, 09:43 PM

My hat is off to you, thanks very much for doing what the rest of us are thinking. Any support to further this cause, please let it be known.
Baz
Old 08-26-2010, 10:16 PM

Thanks for your hard work. I forwarded it on to the Medicine Hat newspaper.

Thanks again
Old 08-27-2010, 08:00 AM

GREAT JOB, hats off to you sir!!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:00 AM

Thank You does not say nearly enough.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:22 AM

Thanks again Randy!!! Only a few hours away.....I'll be watching with my boys tonight.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:32 AM

Here is a link to Alberta Primetime. They are asking for comments on the gun registry, some of which will be aired on the show tonight. You know what to do.....

http://www.albertaprimetime.com/

Quote:
Long Gun Registry

Friday, August 27, 2010

40 percent of Canadians would like to see the long-gun registry dropped – and the Harper government is vowing to abolish it.

However, the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police calls the registry an ‘invaluable tool’ that investigators access more than 10,000 times a day. Still, some officers claim the database is useless and a waste of taxpayer dollars.

Is the registry useful? Does it protect citizens and police? And should the registry be scrapped or saved?

Have Your Say on Alberta Primetime

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The debate isn’t complete until we hear from you. We want your feedback, your opinions, even your rants! Answer the question and have your say.

Should the long gun registry be scrapped or saved?
Old 08-27-2010, 10:54 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the comment section WB. My comments are in.

Break a leg Huntinstuff, We are behind you 110%.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:28 PM

Done: sent them a note to get rid of this money waster, and put some more cops on the streets, to catch the bad guy's.

- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:50 PM

Default "Long gun registry: have your say"

Having been very motivated by Randy's huge and continual efforts I wrote and published this article: http://www.examiner.com/outdoorsman-...-have-your-say

Randy was kind enough to provide a quote for my use as well as his prior blessing to include him in this article in the first place. My local MP also provided some feedback for use in the article.

I've spend the last 7 hours promoting the article and trying to get into as many Canadian e-mail in-boxes as possible. Including every representative in the House of Commons...

Please read it and comment. If you haven't already contacted your MP DO IT NOW! We owe Randy that much at the very least don't we? Please share the link with everyone you know. The more folks that quit sitting on their hands and let their MP's know what they think the better chance we have of coming out on top on Sept. 22nd!

Thank you Randy for doing what you do, for your support and for your friendship! You're a fine example of your profession, our sport and as a true Canadian!

Last edited by Castincowboy; 09-09-2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Fixing link
Old 09-10-2010, 08:08 AM

Good stuff, Scott.

Stinky
Old 09-10-2010, 08:35 AM

Awsome job Gentelmen, it sometimes takes people to go out of their way to assist in issues like this for some of us that would like to but cannot, for life seems to get in the way at times. Very appreciated for your efforts, keep it up.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:39 AM

Castincowboy, good on you for taking another step in heliping with this matter. We need our voice to be heard by the entire nation.

PS,
Nobody report Castincowboy’s above post for breaking the forum rules…….posting a link to another outdoor publication.
In the past some of Scott’s links have deleted. This one will stay though. I am willing to bend the rules this time! If any of the other mods or Rob have an issue you know where I am at!

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner

Last edited by Rockymtnx; 09-10-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:50 PM

Great letter and great job in shedding some true light om this subject. You are a man among men!!
Old 09-10-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockymtnx View Post
This one will stay though I am willing to bend the rules this time!
Here Here! Thanks Rockymtnx. Excellent call.

My letter is in.