Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-28-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
I'm going to suppose that teachers documenting students that have behavior issues thru their school years is against the students rights? Who better to see these issues then a unbiased teacher. The parents don't see because they are blind to their kids actions.

The prescription drugs were mentioned in a post. I don't remember any of the kids I went to school with being on Ritalin or other prescription. If anything you were on it was the toe of the oldmans boot for misbehaving.
I don't know if it's against their rights, but there's usually one of two situations that happens. The teacher spends more time with the "troubled" kid, and the rest of the class suffers or vice versa. And yes, there's ALOT of "no, not my kid, he/she is perfect".

re:back in the day..There's multiple things at work, one, parents usually didn't talk about it, as they felt their kids were "failures". Not to mention, the amount of processed foods/chemicals the kids (and parents) consume has gone up drastically. And yes, this is a VERY large part of it, contrary to what most people think. Last, all kids had the fear of god in them, IE. the strap. Or worse yet, dad. That is not the case anymore, I'm not saying those types of punishments were ok, but they usually kept things in order.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:25 AM
Banned

From what I've heard is that there really is no shortage of mental illness. The teachers that want to help are hindered by the parents who are either blind to the symptoms or to lazy to get their kids the help that is needed. Many of these parents exhibit the same behaviors.

Sns I'm sure you've seen kids go thru the system and thought this little bastard is going to be a hazard to society? If you've seen this how often are you right? What can a teacher do?
Old 02-28-2018, 03:08 PM

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/28/us/ge...ire/index.html

Seems relevant...
Old 02-28-2018, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
Saw that as well...I'd be okay with having a trained LE officer in a school...but arming teachers, not so much.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Saw that as well...I'd be okay with having a trained LE officer in a school...but arming teachers, not so much.
Some officers aren't all there either. Some years back rcmp officer done himself in after he was caught diddling a young boy.

Last edited by Norwest Alta; 02-28-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Yup. Sounds good until a teacher goes postal
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-28-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Easy. He didn't do anything wrong until he went to school with a gun. Civil rights you know they're a great thing.
I agree he didn't commit a crime before shooting, but at some point before this got started, bells should have been going of for someone to at least have noticed ,that this kid had problems ,teachers, parents, etc,,even some of the kids that knew him said that he was of base somehow. In this case I believe that this could have been prevented. People control, not gun control.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
LMFAO !!!!
Old 03-01-2018, 11:23 AM

There's no prefect system and I think teachers should stay as teachers because many good teachers will avoid becoming a teacher to avoid the gun carry deal.plus the system is already short on good teachers.

The usa has military scattered around the globe protecting other countries,bring home some of them and protect the children of your own country which many will become military personal and take over there job as a protector of the children of the future..