Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2021, 10:31 PM
Banned

There are some things in our world that are not 3 dimensional.

There are many stories older that Canada that talk about these beings.

Some say they walk in both the physical and spiritual world, more the spiritual world now because of population.

They hold a place and teachings.
Old 03-30-2021, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Very nice. You have just called out and insulted the majority of the membership, in a subtle passive aggressive way.

Just because you want something to be true does not mean it is.
So 9,999 mooneshined up hillbilly's in louisiana and arkansas plus a few in far nothern BC and Alaska saw something does not mean it is bigfoot. Ark and Lou also by the way is where most of the UFO sightings have been mentioned, apparently the swamp gas is carcinogenic.

Again, 4000+ religions & religious followings on the planet, something like 309,000,000 gods worshipped and every single follower of a specific belief says all the rest are wrong! LOL!!!!!

But yea, we are a proud people
I didn’t call out or insult the majority of the forum, if I hurt some feelings out there so be it. There is more then enough knowledge to support the topic at hand, it’s okay if they don’t believe it. But they keep stating the same few facts on how it’s not real over and over and over. Just letting wolfman to not get to caught up in it is all.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:06 PM

Just a thought . . .
In 1967 Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin released footage of a female 'Bigfoot' striding across a creek bed in northern California. The film is continual and ends when the subject leaves the camera view. The subject of the film has an easy stride and fluid body movements, and covers uneven terrain with ease . . .

In 1968, the film 'Planet Of The Apes' was released. This movie had the very best of costume makers, make-up artists, the best lighting, and the best camera layouts and camera men, and the best editing. It still looks like people in monkey suits.

I don't know if 'Sasquatch' exists, but isn't it nice to let your imagination work its tricks on you when your alone around your campfire far up one of those foreboding coastal inlets . . . .
Old 03-31-2021, 06:14 AM

Default 1967 hoax

In 2002, Philip Morris, owner of Morris Costumes (a North Carolina-based company offering costumes, props and stage products) claimed that he made a gorilla costume that was used in the Patterson film. Morris says he discussed his role in the hoax "at costume conventions, lectures, [and] magician conventions"[238] in the 1980s, but first addressed the public at large on August 16, 2002, on Charlotte, North Carolina, radio station WBT.[239] His story was also printed in The Charlotte Observer.[240] Morris claims he was reluctant to expose the hoax earlier for fear of harming his business: giving away a performer's secrets, he said, would be widely regarded as disreputable.[241]

Morris said that he sold an ape suit to Patterson via mail order in 1967, thinking it was going to be used in what Patterson described as a "prank".[242] (Ordinarily the gorilla suits he sold were used for a popular sideshow routine that depicted an attractive woman, supposedly from some far-flung corner of the globe, being altered by a sorcerer or scientist into a gorilla or otherwise apelike monster.) After the initial sale, Morris said that Patterson telephoned him asking how to make the "shoulders more massive"[243] and the "arms longer".[244] Morris says he suggested that whoever wore the suit should wear football shoulder pads and hold sticks in his hands within the suit.

As for the creature's walk, Morris said:

The Bigfoot researchers say that no human can walk that way in the film. Oh, yes they can! When you're wearing long clown's feet, you can't place the ball of your foot down first. You have to put your foot down flat. Otherwise, you'll stumble. Another thing, when you put on the gorilla head, you can only turn your head maybe a quarter of the way. And to look behind you, you've got to turn your head and your shoulders and your hips. Plus, the shoulder pads in the suit are in the way of the jaw. That's why the Bigfoot turns and looks the way he does in the film. He has to twist his entire upper body.[245]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patter...ax_allegations
Old 03-31-2021, 08:04 AM

I've also read the Morris testimonial. One question that comes up is: Why complicate a costume by making it an obvious female with the large pendulous breasts?
The locomotion of the subject in Patterson's film is fluid and the subject covers uneven ground quickly without looking down.
I've dismissed Mr. Morris's claims . . .
Old 03-31-2021, 08:10 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck 7 View Post
I didn’t call out or insult the majority of the forum, if I hurt some feelings out there so be it. There is more then enough knowledge to support the topic at hand, it’s okay if they don’t believe it. But they keep stating the same few facts on how it’s not real over and over and over. Just letting wolfman to not get to caught up in it is all.
I guess everything has a following to some extent no different then the various religions worldwide....as long as its not harming anything have at it just understand that there will be those who will have an opinion not lining up with the believers/followers...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-31-2021, 08:24 AM

I still hold out the possibility that they exist.

Not just based on the encounter of a person I know well, but partly for the fact that it’s cool to think that there are many aspects of creation that we have yet to discover.

The difficulty now is that, while technology is helpful in documenting any proof, it has also opened up suspicions as to whether the recorded material is genuine, especially nowadays with the ability to create deep fakes etc.

Sometimes we struggle to believe our own eyes. I recall looking at an owl in the bush, less than ten metres from me, and I was pointing it out to my hunting partner. He said, “that’s not an owl.” So I walked in to that spot, and sure enough, it was just a curious-looking stump, that given my exact angle and the lighting of that moment, appeared to be an owl. It helped me understand better the lore of shape shifters etc.

Some animals are very adept at hiding. Especially when they have a very low population density, and aren’t pushed closer to areas commonly traveled by humans.

Even common animals can be in front of us one moment, then a moment later, they have stepped into the bush and you would have had no idea that they were ever there. We’ve all seen moose do this, and they are huge. There have been people too, where I wonder how a person that was in front of me, slips past me.

I can imagine that a creature with a larger brain, quite at home in its element, will be able to do a pretty good job of staying hidden when it wants to remain undetected.

Many of the encounters talk about the Sasquatch hiding and observing humans. Pretty sure they would become adept at patterning (and avoiding) us and perhaps even our technology.

Last edited by Stinky Buffalo; 03-31-2021 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:52 AM

Not to discount the many reports that come from semi-rural areas below the 49th . . . but, there are thousands of sq.mi. of uninhabited land up the north coast inlets. These places get some boat travel in good weather, but step ashore, or try to travel upstream in any of these places and you'll soon see what 'remote' means. Many of these places will make your inner alarm bells ring, and your skin crawl. Not the feeling you get when you're in G-bear proximity, but something different. Something sinister. If there was anywhere that a large biped could live unobserved, the north coastal inlets would be that place.

As to the Morris confession . . . man walking in his suit with shoulder pads on, sticks in the arms, etc. . . . and be able to move with the complete ease of an animal in its home range . . .
Old 03-31-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrodfisher View Post
Our government doesn't want the Sasquatch to run for political office....because they might do a better job...
You're right about that, but he'll never get elected because he's not as pretty as the trudope.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post
You're right about that, but he'll never get elected because he's not as pretty as the trudope.

Bah, with the right conditioner they too can have “nice hair”.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
I guess everything has a following to some extent no different then the various religions worldwide....as long as its not harming anything have at it just understand that there will be those who will have an opinion not lining up with the believers/followers...
I totally understand. For example I am not religious, though when I was younger I went to church with my mother and grandmother. I also work with a lot of muslims in my trade and I always get talking about religion with them. More so out of curiosity but one apprentice I had really broke a lot of it down and was very knowledgeable between the two religions he mentioned. Didn’t bother me one bit, seemed interesting, I can see how it could be true, also see why it couldn’t be. Knowledge is power in my eyes, take what you will and carve out your life on this planet.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:35 AM

While your chances of having Sasquatch pillage your Kokanee and take your beef jerky may be extremely low, is it really zero ?
Old 03-31-2021, 11:56 AM

With over 3,300 sightings reported over a 92 years period you'd think someone would have snapped a decent picture or shot one by now.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bigfo...vens_n_3967703
Old 03-31-2021, 12:02 PM

Default Sasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog2112 View Post
It's not likely we'll ever know for sure, however, I allow myself to believe there's a possibility. I'd hate to live in a world without mystery, or some wonder to it. If people can still believe in God, I can let myself entertain the possibility of a cryptid out there in the forests.
X2.
Old 04-22-2021, 06:32 PM

I think there's one in my backyard.

IMG_1698.jpg
Old 04-22-2021, 06:59 PM

Default Sasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyn View Post
I think there's one in my backyard.

Attachment 172638
Better keep those picanic baskets locked up!
Old 04-23-2021, 06:34 AM

Default Sasquatch ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
Better keep those picanic baskets locked up!

LOL! But I think his Kokanee is safe.

For now.

Old 04-23-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Bah, with the right conditioner they too can have “nice hair”.
I see what you mean.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post
Old 05-22-2021, 04:01 PM

The writers for Futurama were on to something in Season 4:
https://imgur.com/gallery/DcRWuJZ

Turn the volume on.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 05-23-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
The writers for Futurama were on to something in Season 4:

https://imgur.com/gallery/DcRWuJZ

Turn the volume on.

Classic!