Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2022, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
This was the third time this season sask allowed fajardo to be sacked 8 times. That entire o-line should be released today. Probably half of those sacks were on 3 man pressure.
i'm with you. i'm no fajardo fan, but whats the guy supposed to do when they're coming through the line like it's swiss cheese. a high school squad would be more effective than those guys ahead of him.

been bleeding green for 5o years, but his is really hard to take.
Old 09-17-2022, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledsaskhunter View Post
i'm with you. i'm no fajardo fan, but whats the guy supposed to do when they're coming through the line like it's swiss cheese. a high school squad would be more effective than those guys ahead of him.

Or maybe the Elks D line is getting better!

When Clarke went down in game 1 of the season no one replaced him or his gamesmanship.

BW
Old 09-17-2022, 02:05 PM

That game last night was pure garbage. The Riders couldn’t run the ball. The O-Line couldn’t block. CF wasn’t making it easy by not getting the ball out quick enough and turtling as soon as he heard footsteps. Kicker missed 2 FG. The D couldn’t stop the run. They couldn’t stop the passes at the end of the game. The Esks gifted huge field position cause of all the penalties. They made the lowly Esks look like world beaters. I’m so glad we didn’t do the 12hr round trip and waste $1000. I was happy I was on my couch watching that high school football performance. And Farjado said he was disappointed the fans were booing. Give us something to cheer about then. 13yds offence in the 2nd half is hardly anything to cheer about.
Old 09-17-2022, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Or maybe the Elks D line is getting better!

When Clarke went down in game 1 of the season no one replaced him or his gamesmanship.

BW
No. Montreal also had 8 sacks this year. I forget which other team did as well. Your defence isn’t improved. That o-line is that poor.
Old 09-17-2022, 02:43 PM

Cody’s been sacked 58 times PSTD might explain those happy feet
Old 09-17-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Cody’s been sacked 58 times PSTD might explain those happy feet
No kidding. Just remember collaros couldn’t go a season without injury and was “worse” than fajardo. I wonder why collaros is a super star now and not been injured since??? What has changed?
Old 09-17-2022, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledsaskhunter View Post

Your son could play for them........

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 09-17-2022, 08:52 PM

It's bizzaro week in the CFL HAM beat WIN ? Maybe there's some hope for the green
Old 09-17-2022, 09:23 PM

Wow my bombers took a kick in today they almost made it close
Old 09-17-2022, 09:51 PM

Trying to win with the talent the Riders have is like trying to win the kentucky Derby with Mr Ed.
Old 09-19-2022, 05:38 PM

This is all on Jeremy O'Day, he has had 3 YEARS to build a competent offensive line and he has very clearly not done that.

1st in CFL sacks allowed is Sask at 54

2nd in CFL sacks allowed is Toronto at 32

Facts

Riders will crossover and win the East Division Semi-Final but will lose the next week and it'll be next year country once again.

This franchise is in shambles and I am not a chicken little Rider fan.
Old 09-19-2022, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacty View Post
This is all on Jeremy O'Day, he has had 3 YEARS to build a competent offensive line and he has very clearly not done that.

1st in CFL sacks allowed is Sask at 54

2nd in CFL sacks allowed is Toronto at 32

Facts

Riders will crossover and win the East Division Semi-Final but will lose the next week and it'll be next year country once again.

This franchise is in shambles and I am not a chicken little Rider fan.
Hamilton may spoil the riders dreams of crossing over if they play close to the way they did on Saturday.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:00 AM

Riders end of season..or sooner house cleaning. Fire/release :

1- GM Jeremy O day , failed to sign any decent O linemen for 3 years straight
2- Coach Dickenson, Nice guy...to nice
3- OC Mickey Mass , runs bizzare plays at critical points in game...they usually fail
4- QB Cody Fjardo , noodle arm , can't read defense , turtles and runs in circles when the D is bringin it. Never taking Riders to the promised land ..Never. Punt
5- Most of the O Linemen

Fjardo says if they represent the West or the East there will be teams scared to face the Riders... Ti Cats are in the rearview mirror..

Won't lose this wknd cuz they have the bye again. Then Bombers next , Hammy and Stamps back to back to close out season. Will be surprised if they win one of them.
Old 10-08-2022, 07:33 AM

The Riders suck. Fjardo sacked 7 times. Couldn't beat a crappy Hamilton team . What a joke. Clean house.
Old 10-08-2022, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
The Riders suck. Fjardo sacked 7 times. Couldn't beat a crappy Hamilton team . What a joke. Clean house.
Couldn't have said better my self!

Another rant

Watching a game on TSN is like being in a room full of people completely disinterested in the game being played, doing interviews is for half time not while the games on!
Old 10-08-2022, 11:04 AM

This sucks.
Old 10-08-2022, 01:37 PM

B.C. at Toronto this afternoon. With the Jays playing will there be anyone in the stands?
Old 10-09-2022, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Couldn't have said better my self!

Another rant

Watching a game on TSN is like being in a room full of people completely disinterested in the game being played, doing interviews is for half time not while the games on!
I agree 100%, and at half time the channel gets changed fast so don't have to listen to those clowns interrupting each other steady.
Unlike when Don Wittman , Ronny Lancaster and Leo Cahill were the commentators, it was always interesting.
Old 10-15-2022, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Hamilton may spoil the riders dreams of crossing over if they play close to the way they did on Saturday.
Yup
Old 10-15-2022, 06:39 AM

Quote:
I agree 100%, and at half time the channel gets changed fast so don't have to listen to those clowns interrupting each other steady.
Unlike when Don Wittman , Ronny Lancaster and Leo Cahill were the commentators, it was always interesting.
No kidding they need to get rid of that panel and get some one else on there
Old 10-15-2022, 07:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Your son could play for them........
yes, if he wasn't such a gentle giant.....he's going to ontario for nationals next week. picked up over 800 lbs with the yoke last week. sheesh, i used to wrestle with him and his brother!
Old 10-28-2022, 12:13 AM

Default Fire o'day

Jeremy O'Day should find himself unemployed immediately after the regular season concludes. Absolute failure.
Old 10-28-2022, 04:57 AM

Fjardo going to test the free agent market. Good , don't let door hit you in the arse.
Old 10-28-2022, 08:33 AM

So long Cody happy trails
lot's of talk about Bo Levi coming in, Bo WAS a good QB in his day however since his shoulder injury his accuracy has suffered, Riders need some fresh meat for a pivot.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:51 AM

Vernon Adams is paid pretty well , Montreal paid $190,00 signing bonus and $445,000 salary before he went to Lions. BC would probably trade him when Rourke proves he is healthy as its quite a hit on their cap with both. He might fit in with Riders not all that bad ?? He is only 29 and he is a lot more dynamic then plow horse Fjardo.
Old 10-28-2022, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Vernon Adams is paid pretty well , Montreal paid $190,00 signing bonus and $445,000 salary before he went to Lions. BC would probably trade him when Rourke proves he is healthy as its quite a hit on their cap with both. He might fit in with Riders not all that bad ?? He is only 29 and he is a lot more dynamic then plow horse Fjardo.
Doubtful they'll have any interest in letting him go. His 2023 contract is closer to $150k with a top end of a bit over $200k depending on how many starts he makes and how he performs.
Old 11-01-2022, 02:28 PM

How is firing Moss and a couple coach's, called cleaning house?
Old 11-13-2022, 10:44 AM

If Bombers D does not knock Rourke out of game BC could give them a pretty good run.
Toronto and Montreal...who cares. But hope Toronto wins so the dork/s in Montreal with the air horns are gonzo
Old 11-14-2022, 08:19 AM

Whether it was West Final jitters, a vexing Bombers defence, or the mechanical aftershocks of his ailing foot, B.C.’s young phenom laid an egg in his biggest-ever CFL game. For much of the first half, his play bordered on unwatchable. The passes in question were certainly uncatchable, as he opened the contest by throwing five straight wild incompletions and entered the break with an abominable stat line of 7-of-17 for 87 yards and an interception.

Rourke rebounded somewhat in the second half and made the contest interesting late in the fourth quarter, finishing 20-of-37 for 300 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions. However, a good portion of that yardage came from a handful of splash plays and routine completions still seemed to elude him. Some balls were high, others low, and many behind, but all ended up on the turf.

The sad reality is that this was a winnable game for the Lions, with M.O.P favourite Zach Collaros hardly looking like a world-beater himself. But they couldn’t do it without Rourke and on this occasion, they needed to.
Old 11-14-2022, 09:33 PM

Looks like Bo Levi will be a Tigercat.[unless negotiations go real sour]