Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-12-2010, 08:27 PM

I suspect that the people that complain about Americans sticking their noses into other countries business are the same ones that gleefully point out how they were late comers to WWII.

Everyone loves to lay the hate on the Americans...but there is not a single other country on this planet that I would rather share a border with. (Well maybe Sweden...HELLO Elin!!)[/QUOTE]

The Americans only entered the war when Pearl Harbor was invaded. They could have cared less about everyone else. They only entered the war in 1941 for self preservation.

The U.S. is also the only country to ever to try to invade Canada. We beat them back. Their invasion pi**ed us off, we sailed down the Atlantic Coast, and up their river to Washington D.C. We burned down the White House and their government buildings and every fort along the way. Not a single shot was fired at the Canadian fleet as they all fled when they seen our ships coming.

We burned not a single private dwelling, nor harmed any civilian, and looted nothing, well, we did loot the White House, but only after allowing the first Lady to remove what she wanted. The same can not be said when the U.S. invaded Canada and burned down our Parliament buildings, looted and pillaged private citizen homes.

I think the U.S. is lucky to have us as neighbours. In the end, we will protect them when called upon to do so. And, a simple Thank-you will do, but not necessary.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai View Post
I suspect that the people that complain about Americans sticking their noses into other countries business are the same ones that gleefully point out how they were late comers to WWII.

That's cause they had no '' SPECIAL " intrest to join in and help, and they had no choice , but to join when they were invaded.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
That's cause they had no '' SPECIAL " intrest to join in and help, and they had no choice , but to join when they were invaded.
Exactly