Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-01-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball_ted View Post
And, a tidbit for the RCMP, there's a hot rack in the back of the store with ammo and unsecured firearms in case anyone comes into rob the place. How about that JR? You dicked with all of us, maybe you should get some back.
If you want the RCMP to know about this, so be it, but to rat out anyone on a public forum just shows no class.

Something about cutting off your nose to spite your face
Old 03-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Banned

February 28, 2014

Dear constituents,

I was outraged to learn that, on February 26, 2014, the RCMP had reclassified the Swiss Arms Classic Green rifle from a non-restricted firearm to a prohibited firearm. I am a gun owner, and used to own that particular firearm, and I know full well that the RCMP decision to reclassify it was wrong.

Our Conservative Government remains committed to standing up for the rights of law-abiding gun owners. In my personal opinion, this is another example of bureaucrats abusing their power. In a single action, the RCMP took a firearm that had been sold legally for 12 years, and has never been used to commit a crime in Canada, and arbitrarily declared it illegal. Law-abiding men and women, who have owned this rifle legally for years, are considered criminals as of today.

As soon as I heard about this issue, I wrote to the Minister of Public Safety and the Minister of Justice, and the matter was addressed in the House of Commons the next day. The Minister has ordered an urgent review of this unfortunate decision.

Our Government is committed to ensure firearms owners are not penalized as a result of this ill-informed action. We have delivered on our promise to abolish the Long-Gun Registry, a measure that respected law-abiding firearms owners across Canada, and we will continue to respect the rights of law-abiding Canadian firearms owners.

Sincerely,

Bob Zimmer
MP, Prince George-Peace River
Chair, BC/Yukon Caucus
Old 03-03-2014, 05:25 PM

I just don't get why the various government folks insist on calling this blatantly what is morally wrong but totally unwarranted an unfortunate situation?
Spilling wine on the carpet is an unfortunate situation, stealing a many thousands of law abiding citizens property is NOT an unfortunate situation.
Making many thousands of law abiding citizens criminals by a mere stroke of a pen is bordering on tyranny.
Tasering some poor tourist in Vancouver to death, the RCMP kicking in doors in High River were also referred to as unfortunate situations or occurrences as was a number of senators stealing public money.
Good GOD what now constitutes reprehensible behavior?

My question is when are the politicians going to realize that people can only be pushed so long and so far before like any other cornered animal we fight back? Are they looking for us to adopt a stance like what the Ukraine is seen on the news doing?
Maybe that is why the police want us disarmed, they get paid the same but with less physical danger when they trample what should be our constitutional rights. Sure do wish we had some.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:46 PM

My reply from the PM's office.

Quote:
Thank you for writing to the Prime Minister. In your e-mail, you raised an issue that falls within the portfolio of the Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness.

Please be assured that your comments have been carefully noted. I have taken the liberty of forwarding your e-mail to Minister Blaney, who, I am certain, will wish to give your views every consideration.

For more information on the Government's initiatives, please visit www.pm.gc.ca.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write.

J.P. Vachon
Manager/Gestionnaire
Executive Correspondence Services
for the Prime Minister's Office
Old 03-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
My reply from the PM's office.
I got the exact same reply.
But I'll keep writing letters and sending emails until c68 is gone.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass23 View Post
Sorry, perhaps I'm a little uninformed, but do we know that the actions of this person were done with the intent of producing this result? Obviously, he poked the bear, but was this his goal? If his plan was to screw legal SA gun owners, then sure, he deserves a protest. If not, then I don't really understand the purpose of protesting his store. Sure, it might make us feel better but wouldn't our efforts be better spent protesting the system that allowed this to occur?
It is pretty obvious he did not intend to have this result, but equally obvious that his actions were rash and poorly thought out. If he had suspicions about a possible prohibited rifle, why could he not have had Swiss arms verify its authenticity?
Old 03-04-2014, 10:41 PM
Banned

Motion 452........Does everyone know about it?

Cheryl Gallant Says Thank-you to the Law-Abiding Firearms Community for their Support of Motion 452

Ottawa, Ontario – Cheryl Gallant, MP Renfrew-Ni****ing-Pembroke, is pleased to say thank-you to members of the law-abiding firearms community for their support of Motion 452. Motion 452 would remove the responsibility from the RCMP for classifying categories of Firearms by establishing a Firearms Experts Technical Committee. In addition to being tasked to operate in a more open and transparent fashion, this Committee would operate with Civilian oversight.

“Motion 452 is a result of listening to my constituents and acting on their concerns. When I introduced this motion last fall, it was done after extensive consultation with the firearms community,” stated Cheryl Gallant, MP. “With the recent actions by the RCMP in High River, Alberta and the re-classification of a firearm that had been legally available in Canada without incident for over ten years, I will be working very hard to see this motion pass.”

Cheryl Gallant, MP is pleased to thank her MP colleagues, Blaine Calkins (Wetaskiwin, AB); Robert Sopuck (Dauphin-Swan River-Marquette, MB);Bev Shipley (Lambton, Kent-Middlesex); Jim Hillyer (Lethbridge, AB); Bob Zimmer (Prince George-Peace River, BC), Stella Ambler (Mississauga South); David Wilks (Kootenay—Columbia, BC) Rob Clarke (Desnethé—Missinippi—Churchill River);Rob Anders (Calgary West); Larry Miller (Bruce—Grey—Owen Sound); Jay Aspin (Ni****ing–Timiskaming)for seconding her motion.

“The legislation governing firearms that our Conservative Government inherited from the old Liberal Opposition, Bill C-68, imposed “police state” powers on law-abiding Canadians whose private property includes a firearm. The fear in the firearms community is the party that brought in the War Measures Act to suspend civil liberties in Canada would not hesitate to take similar measures against them,” observed MP Gallant.

“With the current head of the Liberal Party being easily controlled by his un-elected advisors, and his belief that Canada should be more like China, (which is a single party communist state), worried members of the firearms community believe laws need to be changed now to prevent arbitrary seizures of private property in the future.”

M-452 — October 16, 2013 — Mrs. Gallant (Renfrew—Ni****ing—Pembroke) — That, in the opinion of the House, the Minister of Public Safety should, with the approval of the Governor-in-Council, amend Sections 117, 118, and 119 of the Firearms Act to establish a Firearms Experts Technical Committee to restore public confidence in the functions and operation of the Canadian Firearms Registration System;… and (v) shall be composed of the following members, 1) RCMP, 2) Ontario Forensic Centre, 3) four individuals appointed to the committee as civilian firearms experts.

http://cherylgallant.com/2014/03/04/...rt-motion-452/
Old 03-04-2014, 10:49 PM

Cheryl Gallants proposal, will bite firearms owners in the rear end!

Stack the committee with anti gun zealots and watch the confiscations happen so fast your head will swim.

Turf the Firearms Act, turf Paulson, close the Mounties firearms lab.

Go sign Rob Anders petition, he gets it, unlike Cheryl!
http://www.nominaterobanders.com/firearms_petition

There are no absolutes