Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2023, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st99 View Post
no, ottawa has to give us back our share

good luck with that
Old 05-30-2023, 01:30 PM

Thumbs up

Bushels per acre Twitter account put this out.

Everyone that is so impressed that the NDP gained seats is a moron.
Danielle Smith is the story here, but of course it’s ignored.
You have someone who didn’t even hold a seat but had a controversial talk radio show. She was essentially kicked off radio for her viewpoints.
Then she ran for premier after Kenney called for a leadership review.
Half of conservatives were sceptical of her for crossing the floor so she had to run against those odds.
She had to run against Kenneys executive team, she won.
She then had 7 months to do anything as premier while the entire Trudeau paid media vilified her every single day.
Every union ran against her. Every university ran against her. Doctors slandered her. They tried to destroy her, they couldn’t.
She had to stop her campaign to focus on fires while Notley ran a slam campaign across the province.
They tried to say she broke the law, they tried to make her look like a villain. It didn’t work.
Conservatives rallied, rural Alberta rallied, people were vigilantly debunking the media lies. We spread the truth as much as possible.
The establishment hates her, they hate us and against all odds she won.
The story here isn’t the NDP, the NDP had the election to lose and they did. The miracle story here is the person who refused to bow to the mob, to fall in line with Trudeau and the media, to become part of the establishment, the story here is Danielle Smith.
Alberta is back, we have 4 years to turn this place into the most prosperous place on the planet and at the same time correct as much corruption and deception as possible.
Alberta needs to set the tone for Canada and rally all provinces to stand up for themselves, we are all Albertans. History is being made.
Let’s Fing. Go.
Old 05-30-2023, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV911 View Post
So Alberta is going to assume the debt of paying everyone who has been paying into CPP for the last 57 years?

Or just say you are out of luck and move to another province?
Move on and keep paying into something you probably won't collect on.
Old 05-30-2023, 01:32 PM

Quote:
good luck with that
How much do Alberta residents and businesses pay in federal taxes every year? That would be the leverage that Alberta has.
Old 05-30-2023, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
I still do not like Smith but I am glad she won for the province. Now she needs to lead and stop letting BS soundbites for the opposition drop out of her mouth like a kid shoving handfuls of skittles in its mouth.

Her biggest problem will be herself so she needs not control that.
Exactly

You dont have to respond to every bloody stupid thing someone says......

If a dog farts do you look at it and say "excuse yourself"????

No. Treat NDP comments and other idiots like dog farts. Just get the job done and when it's done, even the biggest loser will see the job got done.

Social media gives people the idea they have to respond to idiotic input. Like Brock Lesnar said "when someone says it to my face, I'll listen and deal with it. If they post it on social media, I could care less"
Old 05-30-2023, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtShooter View Post
It may not but so many people didn't like Smith because of that idea and we vote on ideas we like so lots of wanna-be conservatives voted NDP to spite Smith.
Smith has given people plenty of reasons to not like her/not vote for her... It's not just the CPP idea.

Quote:
why is it good for quebec and ontario, but not for Alberta?
Pretty sure Quebec is the only province with their own pension plan. And even then... They didn't leave the CPP. They started their own from the get go. To leave CPP, attempt to work out a "payout" with the Federal government for AB contributions, then administer and continually look after will have an astronomical cost... No thanks

Quote:
my view is as simple as stop financing the rest of the country on every program, let's start one at a time
CPP isn't a social program. Though AB contributions (generally) have been higher than other jurisdictions, the amount each person receives is dependent on each individual's previous contributions. Someone in Ontario isn't receiving more CPP just because AB contributions are higher.... Their CPP payments would remain the same whether or not AB pulled out of CPP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
How much do Alberta residents and businesses pay in federal taxes every year? That would be the leverage that Alberta has.
Tough for Provincial government to have that leverage with regards to individuals given taxes are paid directly to the federal agency... And again, setting up and administration of doing so Provincially will come with sky high initial and on-going costs. No thanks.
Old 05-30-2023, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Exactly

You dont have to respond to every bloody stupid thing someone says......

If a dog farts do you look at it and say "excuse yourself"????

No. Treat NDP comments and other idiots like dog farts. Just get the job done and when it's done, even the biggest loser will see the job got done.

Social media gives people the idea they have to respond to idiotic input. Like Brock Lesnar said "when someone says it to my face, I'll listen and deal with it. If they post it on social media, I could care less"
There's a lot of wisdom in this post. Well said.
Old 05-30-2023, 02:31 PM

Quote:
It's amazing how many people don't understand this!
Old 05-30-2023, 02:35 PM

Think the CPP issue be resolved not by getting all your contributions sent to an Alberta Plan but, your contributions to CPP would be there for you at 60 to 65.

The Alberta Plan be a new plan you could/would pay into instead of continuing to pay into CPP. I believe that is how the Saskatchewan Pension Plan works.

I stand to be corrected though.
Old 05-30-2023, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaBorn View Post

You have someone who didn’t even hold a seat but had a controversial talk radio show. She was essentially kicked off radio for her viewpoints.
Half of conservatives were sceptical of her for crossing the floor so she had to run against those odds.
She then had 7 months to do anything as premier while the entire Trudeau paid media vilified her every single day.
Every union ran against her. Every university ran against her. Doctors slandered her. They tried to destroy her, they couldn’t.
She had to stop her campaign to focus on fires while Notley ran a slam campaign across the province.
They tried to say she broke the law, they tried to make her look like a villain. It didn’t work.
Conservatives rallied, rural Alberta rallied, people were vigilantly debunking the media lies. We spread the truth as much as possible.
The story here isn’t the NDP, the NDP had the election to lose and they did. The miracle story here is the person who refused to bow to the mob, to fall in line with Trudeau and the media, to become part of the establishment, the story here is Danielle Smith.
Alberta is back, we have 4 years to turn this place into the most prosperous place on the planet and at the same time correct as much corruption and deception as possible.
Alberta needs to set the tone for Canada and rally all provinces to stand up for themselves, we are all Albertans. History is being made.
Let’s Fing. Go.
This X 1000. This forum needs a like button.
Old 05-30-2023, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
Think the CPP issue be resolved not by getting all your contributions sent to an Alberta Plan but, your contributions to CPP would be there for you at 60 to 65.

The Alberta Plan be a new plan you could/would pay into instead of continuing to pay into CPP. I believe that is how the Saskatchewan Pension Plan works.

I stand to be corrected though.
I agree because its reasonable and makes sense but as soon as Daniel mentioned CPP they start screaming to scare people you are going to loose your pensions and they believe it.
Just a thought but let's raise taxes on glitter,dope and put some tax on what ever else those woke crowd is into. Take the money from that and build more rifle ranges
Old 05-30-2023, 02:54 PM

Thumbs down

Smith is hated by many, feared by others, trusted by few, yet she still defeated Notley, that really makes Notley and the ndp look pathetic to have lost to her.
Old 05-30-2023, 03:47 PM

Quote:
So Alberta is going to assume the debt of paying everyone who has been paying into CPP for the last 57 years?

Or just say you are out of luck and move to another province?
I have a bit of knowledge on how establishing an Alberta Pension Plan would work. Basically, any Albertan who has paid into the CPP will still get the CPP pension owed to them.

So for retired people nothing will change. You’d collect your CPP like normal.

Young people will see the most benefit from it. For me I’ve already paid into the CPP for 15 years so at retirement I would be owed a certain payment from the Canadian Government. If we started an APP and I paid into it for the rest of my career I’d also be entitled to the APP payment. Both payments will most likely be higher than what I would get solely under the CPP as Alberta has the youngest workforce in Canada.

Of course you’d never hear that from Notley who wanted to scare old people into voting for her and wants to oppress the younger generation with high costs on everything.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 05-30-2023, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
I didn’t vote for 15years and in that time frame I owned two different businesses and operated heavy equipment for others on the side

I would say 1/3 of the people I know don’t vote and they are all working. Many work crazy amounts of overtime to an almost unhealthy level.

Theses are truckers, heavy equipment operators, mechanics, carpenters, electricians, site/plant managers, business owners, heat treaters, paramedics, nurses, and a ton of other job titles. Many are in mining, logging, and oil & gas industry working away from home. These are not lazy people and often they are working too much if anything.

Only lazy non voters I know are two of my brothers in laws that are welfare cases

The vast majority of above people are not lazy leaches and neither was I when I didn’t vote. Probably more common trend is worn out from over working

But the handful of die hard leftists I am related to or known through others never miss a vote because they are consumed by their views. They are driven by look at me I am doing good attention seeking addiction

This is why when you talk to people in day to day life majority don’t share the crazy woke politics view even though it is so rampant in politics.

Then you and the others you know have no room to complain one way or the other. There were what 10 days? to get your vote in before election day, not like back in the "good" old days where you had to vote on election day and election day only. So If you can't find a 15 minute window to vote in Alberta then your well, just not trying very hard.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 05-30-2023, 04:09 PM

Quote:

Let’s Fing. Go.
The best and most thought out answer/response to all the pages/replies in this thread. WELL done my man WELL DONE!
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 05-30-2023, 04:14 PM

Kleenex sales up big time in Edmonton today.
Never have I seen so much sobbing. They even had "Just call me Thomas" on sniveling. Media tears are flowing to go along with their regular bs.
Old 05-30-2023, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Smith is hated by many, feared by others, trusted by few, yet she still defeated Notley, that really makes Notley and the ndp look pathetic to have lost to her.
I’m pretty sure this election was an experiment. Just proves the conservatives Can put a monkey in charge and people will still vote for them
Old 05-30-2023, 05:02 PM

Quote:
And yet still today in the Journal and on Ched, its more about Notley getting the biggest opposition ever. Notley getting the highest popular vote for an opposition. So bias, not even trying to hide it.
Old 05-30-2023, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
I’m pretty sure this election was an experiment. Just proves the conservatives Can put a monkey in charge and people will still vote for them
Same could be said for the NDP.
Old 05-30-2023, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
Expect Rachel to retire from the political scene. Next leader for NDP, me thinks is Nenshi out of Calgary (speaking of Monkeys)…..
Old 05-30-2023, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Dippers are running scared because their pension will be somewhat tied to the province’s economy and not fed handouts. It’s like they’ll actually have to want Alberta to be successful economically which flys in the face to trudolt’s woke goals. APP gets their skin in the game and they hate it.
Old 05-30-2023, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Expect Rachel to retire from the political scene. Next leader for NDP, me thinks is Nenshi out of Calgary (speaking of Monkeys)…..
Ooooh good one.
Some solid points here alberta will do well with people that think like this
Old 05-30-2023, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Agreed.

The NDP knives will be out for her now. 2 fails in a row. Notley is not radical enough for the average dipper either. Just like the Federal Dippers stabbed Mulcair in the back and brought in the radical Leap Manifesto and Singh.

I would guess some of the crazies come out with knives in hand: Nenshi, Shannon Phillips, Duane Bratt, Don Iveson, Thomas Lukaszuk (speaking of monkeys), Hoffman.
Old 05-30-2023, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post

Let’s Fing. Go.

In this election there was essentially only two parties running, One came out a winner (hurray for Alberta) the Other one was the loser (no matter how the political pundits try to spin it).
Old 05-30-2023, 07:09 PM

Quote:

Let’s Fing. Go.
Exactly the conservatives won despite Danielle and her checkered history, a lot of people don't tust her. That tells me if the conservatives ran a candidate who was a little more centrist and actually appealed to the publicwithout spewing stupid opinions when she sould have kept her mouth shut. They would have won a whole lot more seats. Thinking voter turn out would have been higher if they ran someone who you didn't have to hold your nose while voting for her.
Old 05-30-2023, 07:33 PM

Default The hard part is next

Being a great critic is one thing running a government is something different. The leaders that I have know, John Diefenbaker, Brian Mulrooney and Stephen Harper all had time in opposition before they won an election. In some case with huge majorities, and the problems they had was not with the Liberals but with their own party. Smith already has one MLA kicked out of caucus, so will she be able to get these people all helping to run her government or will they give her more problems? We will soon see.

I'd hire Stephen Harper asap to help her get started, believe me this will not be easy. The province is badly split and it needs to pull together. With 4.5 million Canadians trying to go it alone just makes us look foolish,

Good luck!
Old 05-30-2023, 07:39 PM

Quote:

Let’s Fing. Go.
Amen brother
Old 05-30-2023, 07:45 PM

MAGA Danielle!!
Old 05-30-2023, 07:56 PM

Quote:
If I was a monkey I would be really offended to be compared to the little prince of purple.
Old 05-30-2023, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
The uninformed with a pencil is far worse.
Now that’s a Fact ! Like the city of Edmonton 20 riding all voted NDP RJ