Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-30-2022, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV911 View Post
So you are just pretending to be a tough guy
Shhhhh and let him type what he wants , quit causing ship !
Old 05-30-2022, 09:46 PM

Most gunshop owners are probably practicing their axe throwing on a poster of black face

Last edited by obsessed1; 05-30-2022 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-30-2022, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
a lot of British 303's out there.
No. Nobody owns those. You are mistaken.

You're welcome

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-30-2022, 10:13 PM

It's hard to believe that my boys toy guns will one day be prohibited. This is very sad.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2022, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Exactly - Agenda 21 and UNDRIP

Libs and dippers never hid their objectives.

Registration leads to confiscation, every time.

I dunno about apathy though. We elected Harper and he screwed us by sitting on his hands. Useless lawyer. We elected Kenney and the royal gestapo are still here. Useless politician. People mention separation and get shouted down.
Some good points. People forget Harper weakened. Matters not today, laws are made to be changed by politicians with a "mandate"

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 05-30-2022, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
So when does all this come into effect? Some are saying this fall some are saying right now via oic. Could a guy do a restricted course and get a pistol before the bill passes?

Realistically, no; with the courses being full about a month out and PAL processing times being 6 months if you don't have restricted you are not getting one.

Every article I have read says it will come into affect in the Autumn and Trudeau himself said it would be passed through the legislature (which he has full support of the Bloc and NDP so it will pass easily) he is going to ride this through the summer. This will let stores sell their existing inventory which would be a major black eye if he didn't, let people buy what they can find (there will be a run), and slowly start taking them back since can't inherit them or sell them.n
Old 05-30-2022, 11:20 PM

Clarification - non-restricted guns not affected at this time

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 05-31-2022, 12:50 AM

Best I can suggest for now is if you have an RPAL, go buy what you want while you can. If you don't, I'm thinking it will take a long time to get one.

In the meantime, don't panic, watch this, it'll explain a lot of things about the tone of the people who are writing the law and the answers they gave to some pointed questions at the press conference. And wait to see what Runkle says on it. MIke Loberg hasn't said much but a lot of cursing so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1K4p4uuEDU
Old 05-31-2022, 12:52 AM

Don't forget boys and girls about the caliber/kinetic energy part of the original OIC. Lots of wiggle room for them in upcoming legislation.

Canada is dead, it just has not fallen over yet.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:42 AM

My post in regards to today’s news would have mostly asterisks in it, so no point to type it.

Basically, what it is they are doing with fairly recent and current legislation, at the very least, is making the “R” in the RPAL obsolete as it will be useless. And so will my “can plinking” and chicken shooting 10/22.

I think I am going to buy a Glock 17 or a Sig 320, if I can. Am I doing it right?
Old 05-31-2022, 05:30 AM

My understanding of it is this, the OIC on restricted transfers is not posted yet, Prophet River was getting transfers done last nite as he posted on CGN, he was staying late to crank them thru. So, if you want another handgun, you will be able to get them from the stores until such time as they post the OIC and the RCMP shut it down on restricted transfers. Nothing is official law, until it is posted in the Canada Gazzette. That appears to be the case as of last nite, as all the vendors on CGN had "sales" on handguns posted.
Fishinguy is probably correct in that it will be the end of RPAL's as we know them, they'll probably become "RPOL's" for the most part.
It may well be the end of many gun ranges, especially if they turn around and say they won't issue ATT's to go to a range. One hell of a pile of them survive on handgun business and various disciplines that use handguns, seeing as they've lost the AR stuff, and will apparently be cracking down on what is left, that slipped thru the cracks.
Old 05-31-2022, 05:33 AM

Default Te Turd

[QUOTE=Bushleague;4526422]

How much do you want to bet the bill to ban gun ownership in Canada is already sitting in a drawer somewhere?

Yep. He's leaving this in the drawer until the next election. Something to help him get the loonie Left going again and voting for his sorry ass.
Old 05-31-2022, 06:07 AM

So Trudeau uses the tragedy of school children in Texas being murdered with an already banned "assault rifle" as the catalyst to "ban" legally owned and acquired handguns in Canada.... pretty hard to follow that kind of logic. Mind you, he banned 1500+ other firearms due to a fake RCMP officer and illegally smuggled guns, so maybe it's a trend.
Old 05-31-2022, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
So Trudeau uses the tragedy of school children in Texas being murdered with an already banned "assault rifle" as the catalyst to "ban" legally owned and acquired handguns in Canada.... pretty hard to follow that kind of logic. Mind you, he banned 1500+ other firearms due to a fake RCMP officer and illegally smuggled guns, so maybe it's a trend.
Trudeau and logic don't belong in the same sentence. While most people saw the school shooting as a tragedy, Trudeau saw it as an opportunity, and this is why Canada is in the dire situation that we are now in. He will continue attacking one type of firearm after the other, until he has banned them all, and only a fool can't see that. This was never about public safety, it has always been about control.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:18 AM

I work at one of the gun stores here in Calgary, and after the Liberal's announcement yesterday, we probably sold 70-80% of the handguns in stock in about 5 hours. I'd bet every retailer in the country was the same yesterday, and will likely be today as well. Transfers are going to take months, assuming the RCMP actually complete them.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:19 AM

I only listened to part of Trudeau's news conference yesterday. I started late and quit after he babbled on without answering the reporter's question about what is being done about criminal activity apart from regulating law-abiding gun owners. Clearly, he is only interested in attracting voters in Eastern Canada and maybe parts of BC, rather than addressing the reality of crime in Canada. He knows that the tragedy in Uvalde is front and centre in the news so this is a good time to jump in with the new rules and pretend he is doing something effective.

I don't see a realistic course of action for myself except to support the Conservative Party and my membership in CSSA. And thank those of you who have the fortitude and funds to go to court on these issues.
Old 05-31-2022, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
That is part of the Trend. However more about the great reset, sovereign debt. Governments know the peasants will be angry. Therefore confiscate the weapons before the revolution begins. It’s coming. And government is in full gear to prevent their demise.
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/a...l-after-texas/

“ Trudeau is jumping all over this incident to ban handguns. This is the real goal because governments know that what is coming is a revolution for they cannot keep this system of endless borrowing forever. This is what the Great Reset is all about. Their quest to retain absolute power. ” Martin Armstrong
Old 05-31-2022, 08:29 AM

As long as the liberals/NDP are in power of federal government in Canada bans/regulations will continue to escalate
Old 05-31-2022, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
As long as the liberals/NDP are in power of federal government in Canada bans/regulations will continue to escalate
You mean as long as Alberta is part of canada. Conservatives in ottawa are liberals in conservative's clothing, don't count on them to help us.
Old 05-31-2022, 08:59 AM

I'm sure there's champagne corks popping at the CBC,
The shootings will continue or escalate they know 80% of handgun incidents are with smuggled guns yet the Liberals ignore this fact.
All this will have no effect except to boost the Liberal fan base by duped voters.
Old 05-31-2022, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st99 View Post
You mean as long as Alberta is part of canada. Conservatives in ottawa are liberals in conservative's clothing, don't count on them to help us.
I would support Alberta separating but it’s not going to happen too many people fear risk and change

Separation is a dream that is not going to happen
Old 05-31-2022, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I would support Alberta separating but it’s not going to happen too many people fear risk and change

Separation is a dream that is not going to happen
If your not willing to risk something nothing will ever change. Separation, civil war, truckers rally.....all these things require action and risk. Your bank account, your lifestyle, your blood.... truth is, not enough have the stomach to risk what is necessary to turn the tide, to provide the type of country we want our children to inherit. It can be done it just takes action and risk. If we take no action now we will be disarmed, and once disarmed those who consider themselves our supreme leaders will do with us what they want and by the time the majority have the stomach to resist the means will be gone. Moving towards separation is the least messy of the options available. You will either be the type who is willing to risk or you are the type who just accepts what they are given. Your view on firearms matters little as this government will just continue to attack your transportation, your ability to feed your family, heat your home, own your home for that matter, it will continue to attack the family institution to the point that you cannot even be the parent if your own children, they will continue to strip you of every medical right you have until there is nothing left. If this is the kind of country you want your children to raise children in then do nothing.. If not then its maybe time to assume some risk.
Old 05-31-2022, 10:12 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
If your not willing to risk something nothing will ever change. Separation, civil war, truckers rally.....all these things require action and risk. Your bank account, your lifestyle, your blood.... truth is, not enough have the stomach to risk what is necessary to turn the tide, to provide the type of country we want our children to inherit. It can be done it just takes action and risk. If we take no action now we will be disarmed, and once disarmed those who consider themselves our supreme leaders will do with us what they want and by the time the majority have the stomach to resist the means will be gone. Moving towards separation is the least messy of the options available. You will either be the type who is willing to risk or you are the type who just accepts what they are given. Your view on firearms matters little as this government will just continue to attack your transportation, your ability to feed your family, heat your home, own your home for that matter, it will continue to attack the family institution to the point that you cannot even be the parent if your own children, they will continue to strip you of every medical right you have until there is nothing left. If this is the kind of country you want your children to raise children in then do nothing.. If not then its maybe time to assume some risk.
We have become complacent to be sure. That is what the powers that be want.

We are a bunch of trained seals... They can do whatever they want and and we accept whatever it is so long as we have the hope of a little more and not risking the loss of anything we already have.

Keep them just comfortable enough they are not willing to fight, but not comfortable enough they are willing to roll over.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 05-31-2022, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
No argument from me but unfortunately a large part of the population lost their spine and honor long ago

I have lost faith in the masses and only rely on myself. When it comes to to change I only trust in what I can personally change on my own
Old 05-31-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
We have become complacent to be sure. That is what the powers that be want.

We are a bunch of trained seals... They can do whatever they want and and we accept whatever it is so long as we have the hope of a little more and not risking the loss of anything we already have.

Keep them just comfortable enough they are not willing to fight, but not comfortable enough they are willing to roll over.
This is the problem. Too complacent to fight, too complacent to separate, too complacent to stand up and say no, too complacent to take charge of our own Nation.
For most as long as they are comfortable they wont push back, the problem is if you dont push back while you have a capability you will find a time when you need to push back but have no recourse. History has proven it over and over. People get labeled as "tinfoil hat" and " conspiracy theorists" yet these are prooving themselves not to be conspiracies but rather facts.. two years ago on this very site many said " ha the gov will never ban hanguns they just wouldnt dare" well now look what we got...." the gov will never force a vax passport" well well look where we are " the gove will never starve its people out"..... or make criminals out of law abiding citizens.... if your unwilling to risk you will have to eat whatever your served.
Old 05-31-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
No argument from me but unfortunately a large part of the population lost their spine and honor long ago

I have lost faith in the masses and only rely on myself. When it comes to to change I only trust in what I can personally change on my own
Yup its definitely circle the wagons time.
Old 05-31-2022, 10:39 AM
AO Sponsor

Well I am all aboard the separation train... If not our separation, then encouraging Quebec to go. With those votes off the table Ottawa would be a vastly different political landscape!

Hmmmm... Maybe we have touched on something! lol

Side note- I lived in Quebec for quite a long time and love its people! I just hate its politicians.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 05-31-2022, 11:17 AM

Time for AB, SK, MB, and BC (except Sodom on the Fraser, a.k.a. Vancouver) to leave Canada.

Old 05-31-2022, 11:26 AM

Looks to be a major shopping spree today. Not only handguns but everything firearm related. Know of a few handguns already bought today. Lot's of powder, loaded ammo, ect....
Gonna be a record setting day for sales
Old 05-31-2022, 11:27 AM

I like "Tire Bobs" approach. If we kick Quebec out of Canada then most of our problems go away because guys like Turdo could not get elected. Wonderful idea!